Topic locked

Re: Bank of Communications Shanghai Masters WC & L 32 Discus

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:
Sonny wrote:Imbeciles

Just because he won doesn't mean he didn't choke abit. There was defo some bottling going on.

he might have done a tad but id love to have seen you playing in your first last 32 of a major ranking tournament.

in all honesty what did you expect. he beat a seed 5-1 JOB DONE.

Postby Roland

Pressure is a funny thing, it doesn't mean every player who misses the odd shot is a bottler or a choker. Kyren is a winner but he's also at the start of his career and gaining in experience. It's a big win this for him today and I'm chuffed to bits for him.

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:Pressure is a funny thing, it doesn't mean every player who misses the odd shot is a bottler or a choker. Kyren is a winner but he's also at the start of his career and gaining in experience. It's a big win this for him today and I'm chuffed to bits for him.

so you werent watching <ok>

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:
Sonny wrote:Pressure is a funny thing, it doesn't mean every player who misses the odd shot is a bottler or a choker. Kyren is a winner but he's also at the start of his career and gaining in experience. It's a big win this for him today and I'm chuffed to bits for him.

Does it matter?

he won the match.

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 18th of September

7.30am

Stephen Maguire 2-5 Xiao Guodong
Stuart Bingham 1-5 Kyren Wilson
Ricky Walden 3-5 Martin Gould
Graeme Dott 3-5 Mark King

12.30pm

Ding Junhui v David Gilbert TV
Mark Selby v Lin Shuai TV
Mark Allen v Ryan Day
Robert Milkins v Mark Joyce

Postby Smart

Wildey wrote:
Smart wrote:

Does it matter?

he won the match.

Yes it does matter. People get shouting down for calling CHOKE, when they actually view a match by people who are not viewing that match, but are just friends with the player.

I call it as I see it. :wave:

Postby Wildey

I Was watching and the red he missed was not a give me with the position's of the other balls he had a lot of things to think about in his first Major venue.

he might have hit it a tad harder than need be but ffs ive seen every player from Ronnie to Ben Judge miss thoes pots.

Postby Smart

Wildey wrote:I Was watching and the red he missed was not a give me with the position's of the other balls he had a lot of things to think about in his first Major venue.

he might have hit it a tad harder than need be but ffs ive seen every player from Ronnie to Ben Judge miss thoes pots.

He missed more than one regulation pot, under pressure, a choke(s). No problem calling them that, they all do it. :wave:

Postby hendry_fan

Wildey wrote:Wednesday 18th of September

7.30am

Stuart Bingham 1-5 Kyren Wilson
Ricky Walden 3-5 Martin Gould

12.30pm

Ding Junhui v David Gilbert TV
Mark Selby v Lin Shuai TV
Mark Allen v Ryan Day
Robert Milkins v Mark Joyce

Well,thats brilliant innit!!. :irk:

The pair of them= Mags n Dott would have been better off stayin in Scotland,they should have extended they,re summer break!. :mood:

Postby Smart

We got full spectrum:

Ronnie fanboys
Hendo fanboys
Kyren WIlson fanboys
Dominic Dale fanboys
Ding fanboys
Selby fanboys
Jono fanboys
Dotty fanboys

thats just a small selection but you get my point - the above all choke and its fair to call a choke whenever and whoever you see do it, get over it <ok>

Postby Smart

Jewell wrote:
Smart wrote:We got full spectrum:

Ronnie fanboys
Hendo fanboys
Kyren WIlson fanboys
Dominic Dale fanboys
Ding fanboys
Selby fanboys
Jono fanboys
Dotty fanboys

thats just a small selection but you get my point - the above all choke and its fair to call a choke whenever and whoever you see do it, get over it <ok>

What's your point?

Point is: you should not be shouted down for calling choke on X player. Its an observation. :clap:

Postby Roland

You know as well as anyone how easily it can get out of hand with every miss being called a choke or a fix but I see your point.

Anyway Kyren may have wobbled a bit towards the end but he still won 5-1 and the lad has got balls, I should know because I've seen him play often enough. You can forgive anyone a wobble when they're miles ahead in their biggest career match to date. I bet if the scores were closer he would've missed less.

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:You know as well as anyone how easily it can get out of hand with every miss being called a choke or a fix but I see your point.

Anyway Kyren may have wobbled a bit towards the end but he still won 5-1 and the lad has got balls, I should know because I've seen him play often enough. You can forgive anyone a wobble when they're miles ahead in their biggest career match to date. I bet if the scores were closer he would've missed less.

He will be delighted and he looked composed for most of the match and understandably had a wobble, but got over the line. No offence meant. <ok>