Post a reply

Re: Bank of Communications Shanghai Masters Final Discussion

Postby Witz78

Delighted for Xiao, I championed him a good 3 or 4 years ago as saw potential in him. Hopefully he can complete the deal tomorrow.

As for the all Chinese final and the final being in China, I suppose this well and truly indicates the UK has finally lost total control over snooker. Think people might look back in a decade or so and see tomorrow as a significant day and the start of a new era (ie. the Chinese taking over the sport)

Postby SnookerFan

It's certainly been threatening for a long time. And where better to have an All-Chinese ranking event final?

I'm psyched about this. Xiao is the relatively unknown Chinese snooker star, and Ding has done well in a Chinese ranking event for the first time in Yonks.

The Chinese will love it. It's going to be a cracker, for everybody. :D

Postby Casey

Great to see too young players in the final.

The fact that both are Chinese is a just reward for the Chinese snooker authorities and sponsors who helped drag snooker back to being a full time sport.

Postby hendry_fan

[quote="hendry_fan"]A absolute classicer havin 2 Chinese in the final in there home country. :-)

As far as the Chinese dominating is concerned,it,s certainly possible and if it,ll happen,it,s still gonna take a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time for it to happen.

Just cause 2 Chinese are in this final does,nt mean to say that the Chinese are gonna suddenly start to dominate. <laugh>

One of the main things that struck me apart from Guodongs good play was his determination and patience,he,s looked both all week. <ok>

Determination,patience are great weapons/assets to have,weapons/assets that many don,t have or better said lack these days.

He,s played well all week and i,d like him to win today but i think in spite of being determined and patient that Ding will win.

Postby hendry_fan

An absolute classicer havin 2 Chinese in the final in there home country. :-)

As far as the Chinese dominating is concerned,it,s certainly possible and if it,ll happen,it,s still gonna take a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time for it to happen.

Just cause 2 Chinese are in this final does,nt mean to say that the Chinese are gonna suddenly start to dominate. <laugh>

One of the main things that struck me apart from Guodongs good play was his determination and patience,he,s looked both all week. <ok>

Determination,patience are great weapons/assets to have,weapons/assets that many don,t have or better said lack these days.

He,s played well all week and i,d like him to win today but i think in spite of being determined and patient that Ding will win.[/quote]

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:FFS Eurosport not even showing the entirety of the first session.

Anyway, Xiao BLOBs in the eighth, looks like Ding could be staring to take control...

Sounds like theyr'e showing the afternoon session though, despite what is being advertised.

bucking hope so. I missed Ding finishing that last frame off due to buffering. :grrr: