Topic locked

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Last 32 Discussion !!

Postby TheRocket

In general Robertson is always speaking very highly of his opponents, especially of Ronnie and Higgins.
I think, he knows that he won't reach the level of them, but I don't blame him that he wants to win another 3 or 4 world titles.

He surely can win his second title, any more would be a bonus really and I think, he knows it. The only thing I don't like about Robertson are his Come on Screams, especially because I sometimes have the feeling that he does it on purpose against shy players like Ding.

I know that I said a couple of weeks ago that I want Ronnie to become more emotional after important victories but nevertheless Robertson is exaggerating sometimes.

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Robbo is really confident in his interviews, isn't he? Sometimes even borderline arrogant.

What did he say?

Do you know these BBC interviews with players called "On the spot" where they ask players provocative questions?
He said for example that he wants to win another 3 or 4 World Titles.

Also in another interview where he should pick his perfect player for departments like breakbuilding, cue action and so on, he picked himself a little bit too often for my taste.

It's just one the few things I dislike about Robertson, sometimes he comes of a bit narcissistic.

i love robbos arrogance <ok> :hatoff:

Postby Muppet147

TheRocket wrote:In general Robertson is always speaking very highly of his opponents, especially of Ronnie and Higgins.
I think, he knows that he won't reach the level of them, but I don't blame him that he wants to win another 3 or 4 world titles.

He surely can win his second title, any more would be a bonus really and I think, he knows it. The only thing I don't like about Robertson are his Come on Screams, especially because I sometimes have the feeling that he does it on purpose against shy players like Ding.

I know that I said a couple of weeks ago that I want Ronnie to become more emotional after important victories but nevertheless Robertson is exaggerating sometimes.

Robbo may WANT to win another three or four world titles but I hate to break it to GJ and the other fools who support the Aussie - but it just ain't going to happen. He fluked his one win by drawing a load of unseeded mugs. The following year he was humiliated in the first round and the year after that he was comprehensively thrashed by O'Sullivan.

Robbo will never win another world title. And I very much doubt he will even make it to the final again.

Postby Sickpotter

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Robbo is really confident in his interviews, isn't he? Sometimes even borderline arrogant.

What did he say?

Do you know these BBC interviews with players called "On the spot" where they ask players provocative questions?
He said for example that he wants to win another 3 or 4 World Titles.

Also in another interview where he should pick his perfect player for departments like breakbuilding, cue action and so on, he picked himself a little bit too often for my taste.

It's just one the few things I dislike about Robertson, sometimes he comes of a bit narcissistic.

Fine line between confidence and narcissism.

Virtually all champions exhibit this sort of arrogance, the only one I can think of who simply let his cue do the talking was Steve Davis.

You don't win titles by giving interviews stating you're a long shot and unlikely to win, that's no way to help your confidence.