Post a reply

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Final Discussion !!

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I think, after today Robertson has become even more dangerous. I think, he can be more relaxed now , because he has reached his last goal. Ok, of course he wants to win more but you can say after today, that his career is completed. The victory today is comparable to Federers French Open title 2009. Federer had achieved everything (expect winning the French Open due to Nadals extreme dominance on clay). But when he had finally won it, he himself said that the big pressure has been off now.

There are still plenty of goals left to achieve. The biggest obviously: become a multiple World Champion.

Robbo never lacks motivation thats a great strength , he will want multiple , worlds , masters and uk now.

Hes so driven :bowdown: :D :D

Postby Andre147

Jewell wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
Jewell wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I think, after today Robertson has become even more dangerous. I think, he can be more relaxed now , because he has reached his last goal. Ok, of course he wants to win more but you can say after today, that his career is completed. The victory today is comparable to Federers French Open title 2009. Federer had achieved everything (expect winning the French Open due to Nadals extreme dominance on clay). But when he had finally won it, he himself said that the big pressure has been off now.

Yeah very good comparison.

Selby, Robbo, Ding and Ronnie are just on another level compared to everyone else. :hatoff:

Not really.

On top you have Ronnie and then below him you have Selby, Ding and Robbo.

Basically, it's one plus three others.

That's why Selby beat Ronnie at the PTC Final :chin:

Tin pot. :wave:

Tin pot or not Jewel he did beat him, and that's what matters.

The 4 players can all beat each others on their day, so for me Ronnie isn't really above them. At the moment the 4 are on equal terms for me.

Postby Andre147

And by the way Robbo made 3 tons in this final too so how many this season..... 56 or 57 I think.

:hatoff:

If he has a good run at the Masters he can definately reach Judd's 61 or even beat that.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

But the thing in snooker is things change very quickly. A month ago Ding won a historic 3 rankers in a row, 2 weeks ago Ronnie won an dramatic Champion of Champions title, now Robbo landed the UK. So it's very important to enjoy these moments and then refocus and not take anything for granted. Snooker is such a hard game and there are so many good players out there, so no guarantees for future titles. Nonetheless Robertson seems to be at his absolute peak right now and so I expect him to win another World Title in the next 2 or 3 years.

Postby GJ

Andre147 PGC wrote:And by the way Robbo made 3 tons in this final too so how many this season..... 56 or 57 I think.

If he has a good run at the Masters he can definately reach Judd's 61 or even beat that.

58 i think <cool>

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:i hope now he skips a few rankers in new year because priority is masters and worlds now.

Masters is the first event GJ so he desont have to skip any.

If I were him I wouldnt play that final PTC and maybe skip a ranker but I highly doubt he'll do that.

At the end of the day you can't really peak only for Majors, form just comes and goes.

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:And by the way Robbo made 3 tons in this final too so how many this season..... 56 or 57 I think.

58 i think <cool>

Yeah 58 :hatoff: What can we say about that...

Postby GJ

Andre147 PGC wrote:
GJ wrote:

58 i think <cool>

Yeah 58 :hatoff: What can we say about that...

stunning :bowdown:

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:So is that all rankers won by overseas players so far

It is, Ronnie won an important event too in CoC but obviously no ranker.

Let's see if that is to continue. One thing for sure, if Robbo continues like this I can see him winning at least 1 or 2 more rankers this season.

Postby GJ

Alot of players could learn from selby on how to take a defeat , absolute class

Cough cough allen and trump

Postby GJ

Andre147 PGC wrote:

Let's see if that is to continue. One thing for sure, if Robbo continues like this I can see him winning at least 1 or 2 more rankers this season.

What you said about form coming and going your right tbh

Robbo said he wasnt burnout at worlds but he didnt practice enough after china and took a complete break.

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

What you said about form coming and going your right tbh

Robbo said he wasnt burnout at worlds but he didnt practice enough after china and took a complete break.

Yeah it's almost impossible nowadays to be at your peak the entire time, you're bound to have periods when you're not playing so well.

There needs to be a balance, and the top players like Robbo learn how to do that. He won't make the same mistake at the Worlds this time I'm sure.

Postby GJ

Im still in shock tbh

hard to believe the long journey as a robbo fan from first round of quallies in 04 to this

amazing

Postby GJ

Holden Chinaski wrote:Wonder who the ex world champ was that sent Neil a text message?

100 % it was hendo

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Wonder who the ex world champ was that sent Neil a text message?

100 % it was hendo

Yeah thought so myself, didn't he ask him for advice at a recent tournament this season or the last? I'm sure he did, can't quite remember when.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Sonny on twitter

Sonny wrote: A story of 2 black for Selby this tournament

Well put :hatoff:

Yeah, one for the maximum, and a missed one which in theory could have got him the title.

Postby jojo

gj well done to your player for winning pal it not a surprise to me seeing robertson beat selby both players evenly matched except robertson slightly better in all aspects that why i knew it was going to be close today but thought robertson would come through and he has

he a top player everytime the pressure was on he step up a gear a sign of a top player from 5-1 and 6-3 he dug in when he need to even against bingham he never bottle it when it get to the decider first decent chance he had he put it together

not always spectacular to watch but a brilliant all round player who has matured with experience

think the titles will be shared out this season but he will be in the mix

Postby GJ

jojo wrote:gj well done to your player for winning pal it not a surprise to me seeing robertson beat selby both players evenly matched except robertson slightly better in all aspects that why i knew it was going to be close today but thought robertson would come through and he has

he a top player everytime the pressure was on he step up a gear a sign of a top player from 5-1 and 6-3 he dug in when he need to even against bingham he never bottle it when it get to the decider first decent chance he had he put it together

not always spectacular to watch but a brilliant all round player who has matured with experience

think the titles will be shared out this season but he will be in the mix

cheers mate <cool>

your missed on here , post more often :spot on:

Postby jojo

selby was wrong to ask for the white and black to be cleaned he should have just potted it and i think he would have if he not ask for them balls to be cleaned

just goes to show what a good all round player robertson is selby reaching the final without playing great snooker relying on grit and determination yet against robertson that alone is not enough because he can match selby in the matchplay department

at 8-8 i still would have expected robertson to win because each time he been put under serious pressure he respond

Postby jojo

my computer been giving me problems also i dont get as much time to post as i did before but i will pop back now and again

i would like to see these two play in more finals and semi finals it a good rivalry i would also like to hear what trump now think of robertson trump was playing the big man in the 2012 masters saying he would win more than robertson when he reach robertson age ie 30

im not sure about that because robertson has won all four bbc tournaments which itself is very unique nobody seem to fear trump he a group of players who can win the odd title here and there but dominate my bottom he wont do that

Postby Andre147

Exactly jojo for me Trump is just a cocky little kid that is too naive to even think he can dominate when he goes out first round of tournaments and hasn't played well recently.

He will never be a Champ like Robbo who keeps pushing on, as you said he may win the odd title but to dominate rofl :wave:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Of all the shots played in this final, I think we all will remember that missed black the most. But I expect Selby to get over this painful defeat, he's just so strong mentally. Mark always puts up great title defenses and today was no different.

I'm interested in hearing what the Selby fans make out of this final.

Postby TheRocket

Btw, I hope, Stephen Hendry will be commentating more in the future. The man just knows what he is talking. Said that he didn't understand the cleaning of the black ball and how he right he was.

And generally, you just realize in his sentences that the man is a master of the game. Taylor and Virgo should retire, lol.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

jojo wrote:my computer been giving me problems also i dont get as much time to post as i did before but i will pop back now and again

i would like to see these two play in more finals and semi finals it a good rivalry i would also like to hear what trump now think of robertson trump was playing the big man in the 2012 masters saying he would win more than robertson when he reach robertson age ie 30

im not sure about that because robertson has won all four bbc tournaments which itself is very unique nobody seem to fear trump he a group of players who can win the odd title here and there but dominate my bottom he wont do that

I always enjoy reading your posts :hatoff: I hope you get your computer problems sorted out and can post here more often again.