Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Quarter Final: Mark Selby v John Higgins

Postby motorhead

Andre147 PGC wrote:I still can't get out of my head that AMAZING SNOOKER Selby played off the red behind the green in baulk... one of the very best snookers in these type of situations ever.

shot of the tourney :happy:

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Still this was the best overall performance from Higgins in quite a while

It was and a good sign for future tourneys.

but even him with so many years of experience will be sick after losing this match.

For me should really have won 6-4, but anyway...

Selby is the KING OF DECIDERS, especially in this tourney of course.

By my reckoning only Robbo may stop him from winning this title, I'd like to add Ronnie too but I've many doubts...

Postby hendry_fan

What a blue that was!!,amazing under the circumstances!. :dizzy:

An absolute sickener for John,have to feel for him there!.
Hard luck John. :-(

Really incredible that Selby can pull off so many deciders.

Higgins did,nt half have chances,just could,nt put him away.
He played a bit better tonight than what he has produced lately,played pretty good in patches,even so though,he actualy ended up with a mere 85% pot success!.

Selby played ok too,nothin special,played about the same as he,s been doin lately,that blue will most definately be the shot of the tourney though,what a shot to go for and to pull it off,it was a do or die situation.

Well done Mark,unbelievable stuff!. <ok>

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:The only way to beat Selby in the decider is to kill off the frame by one visit stuff, like ROS did in the 2007 UK Semi. The longer the frame goes, the less your chance is to win.

Couldnt agree more <ok>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Still this was the best overall performance from Higgins in quite a while

It was and a good sign for future tourneys.

but even him with so many years of experience will be sick after losing this match.

For me should really have won 6-4, but anyway...

Selby is the KING OF DECIDERS, especially in this tourney of course.

By my reckoning only Robbo may stop him from winning this title, I'd like to add Ronnie too but I've many doubts...

Yeah, he'll be very disappointed he a couple of great chance to win this match. His fans will be devastated as well. At least I would be if Ronnie lost that way against Selby.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:The only way to beat Selby in the decider is to kill off the frame by one visit stuff, like ROS did in the 2007 UK Semi. The longer the frame goes, the less your chance is to win.

Good point. Same thing with Robbo. If these two get a good chance in a decider it's over. Ronnie showed in the CoC against Neil how to do it.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Good point. Same thing with Robbo. If these two get a good chance in a decider it's over. Ronnie showed in the CoC against Neil how to do it.

Although the Higgins of his prime could have won that decider that way with so many tactical stuff, but he made some tactical erros there that the prime Higgins would never do.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Although the Higgins of his prime could have won that decider that way with so many tactical stuff, but he made some tactical erros there that the prime Higgins would never do.

To be fair, a prime Higgins would have kill off the match today. Still can't believe , that Higgins have messed up the last frame, without takin anything away from Selby here.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:In 2012 Selby lost to Murphy in the quarters, so Shaun is one player of a very small group who beat Selby at the Masters.

Ronnie and amazingly King are the other 2

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:In 2012 Selby lost to Murphy in the quarters, so Shaun is one player of a very small group who beat Selby at the Masters.

Can't imagine a repeat. Selby was on a bad patch then. Murphy doesn't have the tactical nous to beat him.

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:

Can't imagine a repeat. Selby was on a bad patch then. Murphy doesn't have the tactical nous to beat him.

Yep. That's why he just need to make the game as fluent as possible. If this goes into safety battles, he won't have a chance. Best of 11 though is still better than best of 19 , so he has a better chance at least.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:Selby interview on the BBC now

What did say, I missed it?

He said he was obviously delighted, both didn't play that well from 3 all and it was just a matter of scrapping through that match and that John will be sick after losing that, and of course looking forward to playing his good friend since childhood Shaun Murphy.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:

It would surprise me as well. But I also thought Murphy would lose to Ding. And to Fu. So he is not to be underestimated.