Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters S Final: Stephen Maguire v Ronnie O'Sull

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:First Masters final since being consulting by Dr Peters

Just taking it away from Selby and Ronnie for a moment, do you agree with me that Mags could benefit from someone like Steve Peters?

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:10th Masters final, sweeties! <cool> :-D

Yeah, hope he converts that into a win though.

Has more Finals lost than won actually,but he's in the Final, and that's what matters.

Postby Andre147

I liked the way Ronnie compared Selby to Thorburn in that he tortures his opponents. And please don't start saying he's nothing like Thorburn because Selby scores more heavily and is faster than him.. of course I know he is, the point Ronnie was making is that he never gives up and you could call him a modern day grinder, because let's be fair in scrappy and cagey frames he is like that.

I'm not saying this as a critic, like Ronnie said too it's just the way he plays and no harm in that.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:First Masters final since being consulting by Dr Peters

Just taking it away from Selby and Ronnie for a moment, do you agree with me that Mags could benefit from someone like Steve Peters?

Couldn't agree more.

Me too, he definately can't afford one ball to dictate how he'll play for the majority of the match because let's be fair he just wasn't the same player after he snookered himself on that pink.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:

Has more Finals lost than won actually,but he's in the Final, and that's what matters.

You know that you can disable your swear filter?

It's just a bit annoying being quoted and reading expressions like "sweeties"

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

Maybe he doesn't want it off? Plus if you ever find any old posts from Wild with the swear filter on, they're hilarious.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

LOL SO rofl

I know that, but I'll leave it as it is.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

Maybe he doesn't want it off? Plus if you ever find any old posts from Wild with the swear filter on, they're hilarious.

They really are, I agree :-D

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

LOL SO rofl

I know that, but I'll leave it as it is.

As long as you know what I meant to express, it's perfectly fine with me :-)

Postby hendry_fan

And i,m singing,"SICK N TIRED"!.

:grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: I,m sick n tired of players playin RUBBISH against Ronnie!. :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

I love how certain Ronnie fans like to try and devalue Hendry wins and how they like to ramble on about how <easy> he had in the 90,s,it being a weak era!.

Ronnies opponents are,nt exactly tough are they,most of them have played/play like bl**dy amateurs against him,great standard i must say!.

Sure Some of Hendrys opponents were weak,some of them were tough,but some try and make out that the whole of the 90,s was a weak era,thats just pure damn ignorance!.

The same one could say bout Ronnie,some matches he,s played he had/has it easy(ish),some have been tougher
I,ve lost count the number of times Ronnies opponents have played RUBBISH against him!.
It,s laughable the way many play against him,talk bout weak,but they don,t mention that do they!.
One could try and devalue many of Ronnies wins.

Show some bl**dy respect for Hendry,all this tryin to label the 90,s as bein a weak era is just pure god damn ignorance.

SHOW SOME RESPECT FOR HENDRY!,HE WAS IN A LEAGUE OF HIS OWN JUST LIKE RONNIE IS.

Both him and Ronnie deserve the fullest respect!.

OVER N OUT!.

Postby Andre147

Back to the match, I certainly didnt expect this to be that one sided... Ok one part in me maybe had the feeling Ronnie was gonna dominate, but in reality and especially after the way Mags started with that 80 plus break I thought we were in for a close one.

Like SO said, he usually starts well against him but the diference today was that he lost his cool in the middle of the 2nd frame really after he snookered himself on that pink... OK it was very silly to do that, but as a top player he should have just forgot about it and move on, but he didnt and that affected him for the rest of the match.

Just look at Ronnie for instance.. he missed that easy blue to middle to close the match 6-1, but he didn't let that affect him at all and in the very next frame made a ton, albeit with a fluked blue, to win the match.

Before Steve Peters came around that miss might have hurt him a tad bit more.

Therefore I think Mags should seek help of some sort to better cope with his temperament.