Post a reply

Re: German Masters Final Discussion !!

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:Unfortunately I couldn't watch the match yesterday due to some work for my study.
Therefore I just wanna congratulate Ding for another brillant tournament. He's had another brillant season and is a top contender for the WC now.

I still don't think you can overlook your man, Ronnie. He'll want to win Sheffield. And these days, if he wants to win he does more often than not. I don't think he lets little things get to him as much as he used to.

Postby Andy Spark

edwards2000 wrote:I give a lot of credit to players winning the proper ranking events (not these PTCs), but yeah, at the end a career, it's the Masters, UK, and especially World Championship, where you are judged. Those are the ones that matter most. Like the slams in tennis. Other wins matter, of course. It all adds up. But the Majors are worth so much more on a CV :hatoff:

This is where players currently stand:

http://goo.gl/ArIYR0

Ding is 21st on the Major list and 13th on the Ranking (non major tallied only) list.

Yes, it annoys me that people are inferring that Ding has got ahead of players that have the world championship under their belt. Players like John Parrott, Dott, Ebdon etc.

The ridiculous thing is that the "ranking tournaments won" stat is selected over "pro tournaments won" because of apparent fairness to all players. It is the most unfair thing you can possibly do to compare eras of vastly different ranking tournament numbers. It's like widening the goalposts at one end of a football field and then insisting it is still fair because they are all playing on the same field.

However, Ding is still young. Hopefully he can win the World Championship yet, and maybe multiple wins.

Postby edwards2000

I'm currently updating the Ranking title stats there to also differentiate between titles best of 9+ rounds and those not. The totals will also be there :). The Majors list should be correct already.

Postby Cloud Strife

edwards2000 wrote:
Wildey wrote:ohhhhh jesus christ :dizzy:

:happy: And there we have it. Ding and Robertson break into the top 10 by Non Major Ranking event titles.

I have my own set off stats, as well. So it'll be interesting to compare mine to yours.

In my list Ding and Robbo were already in the top ten. :happy:

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Unfortunately I couldn't watch the match yesterday due to some work for my study.
Therefore I just wanna congratulate Ding for another brillant tournament. He's had another brillant season and is a top contender for the WC now.

I see what you did there rofl Ronnie's famous line after he defeats and opponent rofl

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 PGC wrote:

I see what you did there rofl Ronnie's famous line after he defeats and opponent rofl

:-D Yeah, you are right. I think, Snookerfan didn't see it but I can't blame him. Because Ronnies standard sentence fits extremely well regarding Ding here and it could have been said by anyone here.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:
:-D Yeah, you are right. I think, Snookerfan didn't see it but I can't blame him. Because Ronnies standard sentence fits extremely well regarding Ding here and it could have been said by anyone here.

Oh right, I get it now. rofl rofl

<doh>

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:Its highly refreshing to see a new era of transparency and harmony on the Island.

Maybe it's because Smart stopped posting. Most things were his fault.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Its highly refreshing to see a new era of transparency and harmony on the Island.

I'd forgotten all about her :limp:

How's the New Year resolution going anyway Simples? You still sticking to your only 1 kebab a night regime ?

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:

Is it true Smart killed himself by eating three tubs of lard? Or was that just you?

Postby Skullman

Muppet147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Is it true Smart killed himself by eating three tubs of lard? Or was that just you?

I'm pretty Smart didn't kill SnookerFan.

Postby Muppet147

Skullman wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I'm pretty Smart didn't kill SnookerFan.

I am sure your boyfriend agrees.

Postby Wildey

OK Enough of that bullocks.

if you want an argument go to the pub but leave snooker island out of useless rubbish like that

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:OK Enough of that bullocks.

if you want an argument go to the pub but leave snooker island out of useless rubbish like that

Send the lot of them to the CF. <ok>