Topic locked

Re: Gujinggong Liquor Haikou World Open Semi Final Discussio

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Selby played rubbish and Murphy is playing well but I'd still go for Selby to win tomorrow. If indeed he does play Murphy. I think he'd beat Allen as well

Selby is so inconsistent and Murphy or Allen is no Mug...so how confident are you really? or just Bravado lol

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:We had a lot of tight frames which came down to the colours already this week and this is another one.

Yeah been a week when many frames been decided on last black, even respot like here.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:This could be Murphy's week, he came through so many tight frames and matches, maybe it's meant to be his title.

And had two matches decided by a fluke. Plus Selby hasn't been near his best all week, despite his more pedestrian route to the final.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:This could be Murphy's week, he came through so many tight frames and matches, maybe it's meant to be his title.

And had two matches decided by a fluke. Plus Selby hasn't been near his best all week, despite his more pedestrian route to the final.

He hasn't been at his best for the past 2 or 3 years that's a fact, with some flashes of his A game here and there but nothing major.

Postby Andre147

Murphy won't beat him though, and I expect a very similar match to their UK Final meeting 2 years ago, even the same scoreline, 10-6 for Selby, wouldn't surprise me.

Murphy's safety is not as bad as many think it is, and he can compete with Selby in that department to some extent, but many of those tight frames will only give an advantage for Selby. Murphy would have to be making 1 visit stuff or pretty close to that anyway to stand a decent chance.

I will be very surprised in fact if Murphy wins this final, even with Selby's record in Finals.
Last edited by Andre147 on 15 Mar 2014, edited 1 time in total.