Post a reply

WC draw

Postby conors9

When is the draw for crucible and qualifiers announced, and is it televised or on radio? Also when will the schedule be announced, fancy going down but want to see certain games.

Re: WC draw

Postby Wildey

conors9 wrote:When is the draw for crucible and qualifiers announced, and is it televised or on radio? Also when will the schedule be announced, fancy going down but want to see certain games.

My Guess the Qualifiers Draw and Order of play will be Announced about Tuesday or Wednesday next week During the China Open .

The Crucible Draw wont be out until 17th of April 2 days before the Championship starts at the crucible but i do suspect the Order of play for the 16 seeds at the crucible will be out Next week with Qualifying gaps to be filled up after the Draw.

Postby conors9

Ok, just looking for a day to go in round one, and would like to see Gilbert if he gets through, and Ronnie as well, but I guess he plays the first sessions.

Postby SnookerFan

Wouldn't it be interesting if Ronnie drew Yu Delu in the first round?

Postby PLtheRef

Rather reassuring that all of the qualifying round games are over best of 19 frames

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Wouldn't it be interesting if Ronnie drew Yu Delu in the first round?

It would be interesting because Ronnie would beat him I'm 100% sure <ok> it's Best of 19 remember, not those Best of 7s when virtually any player on a good day can win against anyone. :wave:

Postby SteveJJ

Two things I've noticed:

1. No members pre qualifying rounds.

2. Igor is down to play!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Steve Davis will have to get past Ken Doherty and probably Poomjaeng to qualify for the Crucible. I hope he succeeds, it would be fitting farewell for one of the all time greats.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Mark Williams could play Alan McManus in the final qualifying round, that could be a very tight match, Alan is good form at the moment.

Luca Brecel, Yu Delu and Matthew Stevens are in the same qualifying section.

Jimmy White would have to get past Peter Ebdon to qualify.

Martin Gould, Gerard Greene and Liang Wenbo are in the same section.

Jack Lisowski has to get past Ryan Day to qualify.

Postby Skullman

Scott, Cao and Ben all in the same section. Shame only one can get through.

Postby roy142857

2nd that Skullman, all with the type of game I'd like to see grace the Crucible.

Jimmy White potentially up against Tián Péngfēi with possibly a Tour place on the line for both ... no idea who I'd be pulling for in that one, been impressed with the fight Jimmy's put up this year ...

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Steve Davis will have to get past Ken Doherty and probably Poomjaeng to qualify for the Crucible. I hope he succeeds, it would be fitting farewell for one of the all time greats.

If he doesn't qualify anymore for the Crucible, he already had a fitting farewell in that 2010 World Champs.

Postby PLtheRef

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Steve Davis will have to get past Ken Doherty and probably Poomjaeng to qualify for the Crucible. I hope he succeeds, it would be fitting farewell for one of the all time greats.

If he doesn't qualify anymore for the Crucible, he already had a fitting farewell in that 2010 World Champs.

Absolutely. Being the oldest quarter-finalists for a quarter of a century isn't a bad swansong to have - if it does turn out to be his swansong appearance as a player there.

I felt last year that after he missed out it could well have been that his moments at Sheffield had passed. This year, you simply don't feel any confidence that he could get through his opening match, no matter getting through the three needed to book one more appearance at the greatest venue of them all

Postby Wildey

Andre147 PGC wrote:

hate all this sentimental bullocks great champion in his time now hes crap thanks for the memories but so long.

Postby Roland

Davis has already stated he'll play in Q School and the PTCs next season whatever and fancies his chances of getting back on tour if he drops off. I would prefer Poomjaeng to get to the Crucible but that clash would be one of the ties of the round.

I've just studied the draw. I'll give my thoughts tomorrow. There are a couple of sections of death, notably one which contains Haotian, Chuang, Advani, Robbie Williams and Li Hang with winner to play Fergal, and another containing Gould, Greene and Wenbo.

I can't wait to get there and see the action :D

Postby Roland

And what about for Kyren to get to the Crucible. Could be Norbury, Lawler, Burden then Dott. Big ask.

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Been a while.

But I'm off to the Qualifiers for the first time this year, changing venue has made it much easier to get to.

Going on Tuesday 15th, but might go on my own before then.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 PGC wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Wouldn't it be interesting if Ronnie drew Yu Delu in the first round?

It would be interesting because Ronnie would beat him I'm 100% sure <ok> it's Best of 19 remember, not those Best of 7s when virtually any player on a good day can win against anyone. :wave:

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten they didn't have Best of 7s at The Crucible. :-D

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 PGC wrote:If he doesn't qualify anymore for the Crucible, he already had a fitting farewell in that 2010 World Champs.

:goodpost:

Postby SnookerFan

Has that really been four years though?

Time flies. :sad:

Postby Roland

I'm happy because I'm there Monday so will see Selby, Ding and Selby again. I'll also see Higgins, Robbo, Fu, Murphy and others so worked out quite well

Postby SnookerFan

So, I'm seeing Maguire, Ali Carter and Bingham. Both sessions of each. Not the three names I'd have picked necessarily, though I don't mind Bingham.

You can't tell until you see who the qualifiers are though. A couple of years back, I also got both Maguire and Bingham. Bingham drew Stephen Hendry, and I got to see a 147 and Maguire was playing Luca Brecel whom I was actually quite interested in seeing.

I'll reserve judgement until I see the full draw.

Postby conors9

Will there be many tickets left if I leave it till the qualifiers are done? Planning on going first mon tues or wed, but was going to hold fire as I'd like to see Gilbert or maybe Selt as well.

Postby Roland

I have a ticket spare with view of both tables wednesday evening if you want it?

Postby conors9

Would need two, and would probably be holding on till the 17th, but thanks anyway.

Postby Andre147

It appears that the main draw for this year's World Champs will be streamed for the first time on Youtube, World Snooker main Youtube channel at 12 p.m on Thursday.

Good choice, just hope the stream works fine, because I remember last year they stremed it on Talksport but it wasn' working properly so you were better of listening to it on their radio instead of watching online.

Hopefully there won't be streaming problems this year.

Bet Andy Goldstein will be there to make the draw along with Jimmy White probably.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:It appears that the main draw for this year's World Champs will be streamed for the first time on Youtube, World Snooker main Youtube channel at 12 p.m on Thursday.

Good choice, just hope the stream works fine, because I remember last year they stremed it on Talksport but it wasn' working properly so you were better of listening to it on their radio instead of watching online.

Hopefully there won't be streaming problems this year.

Bet Andy Goldstein will be there to make the draw along with Jimmy White probably.

rofl

Yeah, I'm sure it will work perfectly this year :gag:

Postby Roland

Sonny wrote:And what about for Kyren to get to the Crucible. Could be Norbury, Lawler, Burden then Dott. Big ask.

:D