Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship Qualifying Rnd 4 (15-16th Apr

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
roy142857 wrote:Leaves Jimmy White on the bubble, needs to avoid any of the following happening:

Kyren Wilson makes quarter finals

Michael Wasley makes quarter finals

Robin Hull makes semi finals

Reading that, I would say Jimmy is fairly safe.

rofl

Why the laugh? You think he isn't?

Of those outcomes the one that is more likely to happen is Wilson reaching the quarter-finals like Jones and White did the last 2 years, but that is far from certain, so SO is right, Jimmy is fairly safe.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Alright the qualifying rounds are completed!

Today 5 of the 8 seeded players crashed out, in total only 7 of the higher ranked players got through that last qualifying round. The strange thing about that is that the likes of Doherty, Gilbert, Dale and Holt were among the seeds who won.

Gilbert's a class act, especially at that level and with long matches.. Why is he a surprise?

Postby Cloud Strife

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:well we lost Hendry in 2012, Davis in 2014, so Jimmy's not due until 2016.

Edit: And Parrott 2010. Pattern is there.

Williams 2018, Higgins 2020, Ronnie 2022

...Robbo 2024, Selby 2026
Last edited by Cloud Strife on 16 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:well we lost Hendry in 2012, Davis in 2014, so Jimmy's not due until 2016.

I'd be very happy with that :-D

Postby Skullman

Cloud Strife wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

...Robbo 2024, Selby 2026

You're missing out Ebdon And Kendo.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Alright the qualifying rounds are completed!

Today 5 of the 8 seeded players crashed out, in total only 7 of the higher ranked players got through that last qualifying round. The strange thing about that is that the likes of Doherty, Gilbert, Dale and Holt were among the seeds who won.

Gilbert's a class act, especially at that level and with long matches.. Why is he a surprise?

Yes he's a good player but let's not forget he only qualified 2 times prior to this year and with so many seeds going out, it's a bit surprising he's still left while Dott, Williams, Ebdon and Stevens are out.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Yes he's a good player but let's not forget he only qualified 2 times prior to this year and with so many seeds going out, it's a bit surprising he's still left while Dott, Williams, Ebdon and Stevens are out.

Ebdon, Stevens and Williams are past their best. Only surprise is Dott and only if you weren't aware how well Kyren was playing.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

I'd be very happy with that :-D

Ronnie retiring after winning the World Title a record breaking 8th time and becoming the oldest player to win the title, overtaking Ray Reardon. :-D

Postby roy142857

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Yes he's a good player but let's not forget he only qualified 2 times prior to this year and with so many seeds going out, it's a bit surprising he's still left while Dott, Williams, Ebdon and Stevens are out.

Ebdon, Stevens and Williams are past their best. Only surprise is Dott and only if you weren't aware how well Kyren was playing.

Yeah, been wondering if Wilson can take that sort of form with him to The Crucible ... here's hoping!

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Is Kyren Wilson the most dangerous qualifier this year? Discuss.

For me it's Gouldy on 1st place, then McManus in 2nd, and then Kyren in 3rd place, purely because I think the nerves will get to Kyren early on and that will tell the difference whoever he faces.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Wouldn't really consider Angles any more a threat than Kendo.

Has be joint between Gould and Day for me, with Mike White following, especially as he has previous experience. Then Xiao, and then Kyren.

I do consider ANgles more dangerous than Kendo, ok 2nd place is exagerating a bit but McManus has been playing well this season and I could see him knock out a player like, say Walden, Mavis or even Bingo first round.

He won't be a real threat for the Major contenders though.

Postby Roland

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Is Kyren Wilson the most dangerous qualifier this year? Discuss.

For me it's Gouldy on 1st place, then McManus in 2nd, and then Kyren in 3rd place, purely because I think the nerves will get to Kyren early on and that will tell the difference whoever he faces.

Kyren will be fine

Postby Roland

Skullman wrote:
Cannonball wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:The Ebdon and Fergal matches are the last to finish. :shock:

Yeah, Ebdon and Fergal being held up again.....

Wonder what the White and Selt handshake thing was that Skully mentioned?

GJ mentioned it, and he was quoting the SI twitter feed, so it came from Sonny originally.

I think it was nothing, probably Mikey being embarrassed to have won 10-7 from 6-3 down. Basically he walked towards Selt, held his hand out for the handshake but had his back to him as he shook hands as if he couldn't look him in the eye. It was quite funny.