Topic locked

Re: Crucible Countdown 2014

Postby hendry_fan

Come on Robin Hull,send that poxy Chigwell chav packing!. :happy:

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:I do and evidently Hendry Fan does too.

If it meant Selby sending him packing though in the Final :wave: <laugh>

Postby boris_the_butcher

he doesn't really, just a bit peeved that Ronnie O will nick Hendry's Crucible record in the near future.

Postby Skullman

If he dyes it black next and then keeps switching between red and black, he'll be on max.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Skullman wrote:If he dyes it black next and then keeps switching between red and black, he'll be on max.

:chuckle:

Postby GJ

I had great banter with smart during last years worlds , shame he isn't on here anymore.

Postby Cloud Strife

GJ wrote:I had great banter with smart during last years worlds , shame he isn't on here anymore.

See if you can track him down and drag him back here.

Postby hendry_fan

GJ wrote:I had great banter with smart during last years worlds , shame he isn't on here anymore.

GJ,who would you like to be the winner of this years worlds and why?,(bar yobbo Robbo of course).

Postby Andre147

Know you didn't ask me, but if Ronnie doesn't win it nothing would please me more than see Ding win it, get his 6th ranker to put the icing on the cake and have one of the most sucessful seasons ever in professional competition.

Postby hendry_fan

boris_the_butcher wrote:

he doesn't really, just a bit peeved that Ronnie O will nick Hendry's Crucible record in the near future.

Your absolutely right there boris. :-D

Even if Ronnie was to win this worlds,there wil still be some breathing space,as he,d still <only> then be on 6. :evilgrin:

Postby GJ

hendry_fan wrote:

GJ,who would you like to be the winner of this years worlds and why?,(bar yobbo Robbo of course).

I would say ding as he's had a great season and out would cap it off.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andre147 PGC wrote:Know you didn't ask me, but if Ronnie doesn't win it nothing would please me more than see Ding win it, get his 6th ranker to put the icing on the cake and have one of the most sucessful seasons ever in professional competition.

Me too. If Ronnie doesn't win I would love to see Ding win it. He deserves it.

Postby hendry_fan

GJ wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:

I would say ding as he's had a great season and out would cap it off.

I,m all open in this worlds,bar the 2 dumplings Ronnie and Ding. <laugh>

Postby Cannonball

Andre147 PGC wrote:Image

Is that a grey carpet there? Never liked that colour, and even less so at the Crucible :td:

The grey carpet is probably a trend following on from grey waistcoats and trousers popularised by Selby et al. who have no idea about dressing. Grey is for during the day, e.g. weddings, interviews, etc. For an evening affair or a formal occasion (the Worlds!) one should wear black; dinner suit or tails. And thus, the snooker player takes his dinner jacket off and reveals a black waistcoat and trousers. Lack of bow ties? Very grey indeed.

I'd be interested to know who the fitters are. Tut tut, a star table with a Strachan 6811. I play on a 6811 and like it but it ain't got a thang on a Hainsworth precision pro marino wool cloth, that is faster and more accurate and doesn't require heaters. As for the table and bed, do me a favour WS, the Riley Aristocrat is the best table ever built, but it has no cheap wood sprayed in gold I'm afraid.

It's the Worlds and Hendry fans begin to creep out of wormholes. I wondered when they'd arrive on here; just in time to hear some monosyllabic prose from their master, once the Beeb have wheeled him out. Nearly as bad as the 1985ers this lot.

Meow.

Postby GJ

Any news on maguires back injury ?

Postby Cannonball

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:Know you didn't ask me, but if Ronnie doesn't win it nothing would please me more than see Ding win it, get his 6th ranker to put the icing on the cake and have one of the most sucessful seasons ever in professional competition.

Me too. If Ronnie doesn't win I would love to see Ding win it. He deserves it.

I'd like to see Ding do it for the popularisation and expansion of the game it may provide, and largely because Ronnie has said that Ding is the one pro who plays the game properly. The heir apparent indeed. If god says it, it's true. Someone has to boss snooker once god moves into media work and out of that crop, I see no better person. Trump rofl , Allen rofl , Robbo rofl , Smurf rofl . Nah.

Postby PLtheRef

Skullman wrote:There has never been an all seeded last 16.

Least number of qualifiers progressing is 1, in 1983 and 1993.

I'm sure there's been a year since.

Postby Cannonball

The Ultimate Walk On music, if he would only choose it. Says it all about him (and his fans) perfectly.

Postby Cannonball

SnookerFan wrote:Almost time.

T-24 Ronnies and counting. See if you can persuade Hull to go to the bar with you for a late night sesh. :party: Cheers.

Postby Muppet147

boris_the_butcher wrote:

Yes, I can see Ronnie breaking the record - if he stays interested in the game.

For me though, he is the greatest already - even though he has won two less world titles than Hendry.

Can't wait for this year's worlds.

Postby Cannonball

Muppet147 wrote:
boris_the_butcher wrote:

Yes, I can see Ronnie breaking the record - if he stays interested in the game.

For me though, he is the greatest already - even though he has won two less world titles than Hendry.

Can't wait for this year's worlds.

When the game turned properly pro, they discounted Joe Davis' records. Once Steve Davis came along, they discounted Reardon's records. Now Ronnie is King, can we discount Hendry's records? For two reasons I say yes. Ronnie is obviously the greatest player ever. The winningest, no, but the greatest, yes, as agreed by every pro player past and present. The second reason rests on what we call competitive. A bit of Parrot and a hungover or even still off his face Jimmy White isn't much cop. Davis was out of the frame in the 90s. The class of '92 found Hendry out. If he was so good, how come he couldn't win another WC after '99, being only 30, compared to Ronnie, still going strong, nearly 40. The emergence of the Chinese players also calls into question the level of competitiveness in the 90s; today's game is going global. Not there yet, but on the way. In ten years time, we will hopefully call into question Ronnie's era, once the game has gone truly global and once no player can dominate any more. So even though Hendry has the record, I just don't count that record for comparison purposes with the records of todays players. Is Ding less of a player than Davis because Davis has 6 world titles? Ding would kill Davis if we put him in a Tardis. The truth is that players techniques have evolved. Players have improve over the decades and today's players are better than yesteryears IMO.

Of course, there is only one King.