Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Sat April 19th) Last 32 !!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Sonny wrote:Good first day. Really really pleased to see Jamie Cope back at the Crucible and playing well.

Tonight was very amusing watching the body language of Ali Carter. He's such a grumpy sod!

Cope really surprised me. Murphy didn't play badly at all but is 4-5 down. Jaime is playing good stuff again and could even cause an upset tomorrow.

Postby Cannonball

TheRocket wrote:
Cannonball wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Carter Xiao definitely a contender for the first decider match.

What's with the dyed red hair, is he trying to outspace the Spaceman?

Maybe but there is only one Spaceman. And btw, speaking of the Spaceman. I'm happy for him that he doesn't play against Judd Trump this time. Dominic's got the best opponent he could.

Dom's flippin great. We need characters like him. His game is a bit limited but he does fine with it. I love his commentary. It's fresh compared to just about all the other Beeb commentators. SD was interesting in what he said with Virgo, especially concerning technique and shot selection. His snooker brain is still very sharp indeed.

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:Finger's crossed. If you look back at where he was 5 years ago, right now with his talent he should be winning World titles. I mean he really is that good.

Winning World Titles? <laugh> Cmon let's not get carried away, he is an amazing talent and one of the best ever players never to have won a ranking event.

Had he pushed on from 2009 and not had his health problems I'm certain he would have won at least 1 or 2 rankers by now, that much is true, but a World Title I'm afraid not, he doesn't have the full package even when he was at his best in 2007-2009.

Postby PLtheRef

It was good to see him playing well after al he has gone through, but I still get the feeling that with his condition it's not going to see him hit full heights which would be a shame.

Fagan when struggling had a hurrah here when he reached the second round in 1985.