Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Sun April 20th) Last 32 !!

Postby Wildey

AC or LT? wrote:
Wildey wrote:Ding Junhui 2-3 Michael Wasley
Allister Carter 7-7 Xiao Guodong

Been watching Carter, is Wasley playing well or Ding crap?

Wasley has scored better than Ding and his safeties been tight

Postby Cannonball

The seeds are starting to drop like flies. With the quarter of death at the bottom, this is shaping up nicely for Ronnie. If all the seeds could kindly extinguish themselves, that would be nice ta.

Postby Wildey

Cannonball wrote:The seeds are starting to drop like flies. With the quarter of death at the bottom, this is shaping up nicely for Ronnie. If all the seeds could kindly extinguish themselves, that would be nice ta.

you want ronnie to have a easy draw.

not very confident in him are you?

Postby Cannonball

Wildey wrote:
Cannonball wrote:The seeds are starting to drop like flies. With the quarter of death at the bottom, this is shaping up nicely for Ronnie. If all the seeds could kindly extinguish themselves, that would be nice ta.

Not sure what's best for Ronnie, a seed out of form but with experience or a newbie in form with no experience and no fear. Waddayareckon?

Postby boris_the_butcher

Cannonball wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Not sure what's best for Ronnie, a seed out of form but with experience or a newbie in form with no experience and no fear. Waddayareckon?

If he continues his 2014 form then it won't make any difference.

Postby Wildey

Cannonball wrote:
Wildey wrote:

my opinion it doesent matter who Ronnie plays before the final. only Selby or Robbo has a chance to beat Ronnie

Postby Cannonball

Wildey wrote:
Cannonball wrote:
Wildey wrote:

my opinion it doesent matter who Ronnie plays before the final. only Selby or Robbo has a chance to beat Ronnie

That's an interesting call because most folk don't fancy Selby but I feel he'll have something extra in the tank for the Crucible just as Ding's tank always seems to run empty come April.

You don't fancy Trump or Smurf then?

Postby Wildey

Cannonball wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Cannonball wrote:
Wildey wrote:

That's an interesting call because most folk don't fancy Selby but I feel he'll have something extra in the tank for the Crucible just as Ding's tank always seems to run empty come April.

You don't fancy Trump or Smurf then?

Ronnie playing to such a high standard that potters like Smurph or Trump has to out pot him and i cant see that happening at this moment in time.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ding looks like he's having a breakdown...

A while ago I said Ding still has one weakness, his mental strength, and someone on here told me I was crazy to say that after the fantastic season Ding's had. Looks like I was right. It's such a shame.

Come on Ding, get a grip!

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:Ding looks like he's having a breakdown...

A while ago I said Ding still has one weakness, his mental strength, and someone on here told me I was crazy to say that after the fantastic season Ding's had. Looks like I was right. It's such a shame.

It was me actually <laugh>

His weakness isnt't on the mental side anymore Holden, his main weakness is being able to maintain a high standard especially at the Crucible.

Postby Cannonball

Holden Chinaski wrote:Why does Ding never play his best at the worlds? He always seems to get frustrated at the crucible...

I think you're half right. He's clearly improved over the last two seasons and especially this season, just look at the titles, but frailty is still there. He's not as hard as nails yet. I'm not sure if he has been seeing a sports psycho, maybe someone can tell us?

Postby Cannonball

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Ding looks like he's having a breakdown...

It was me actually <laugh>

His weakness isnt't on the mental side anymore Holden, his main weakness is being able to maintain a high standard especially at the Crucible.

Ok, maybe the venue puts him off, but it can't be the table because they're the easiest to pot on all season.