Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Sun April 20th) Last 32 !!

Postby Cannonball

Cloud Strife wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:Who's the old dude with the santa beard and medal that's consistently in the back of shot when Hazel is chatting to the ex-pros?

He's been in that exact same spot before. It's the same old faces every year.

You won't believe this, but those people are sitting in 'season ticket' seats. As long as they buy those seats for every session of all 17 days, I think they have the option to buy them again the following year. Some of the faces are famous and the players see the same faces at eye level every year. It's bizarre. Check out the guy in the Coventry City shirt, he always were's one every year. Some of these folk have been attending for many decades. They've seen it all, literally. Obviously, they really don't want the tourney moving to China!

Postby GJ

Im concentrating on Maguire match I think it will go close despite day's lead.

Day usually never wins easy at the crucible

Postby PLtheRef

Careless from Cope. No matter how good the balls are, you wait until you get far enough in front.

5-5 now, when it looked like 6-4. He'll feel sore now. The frames you lose that you should have won, tells you how far you go in this tournament. Give anymore away like that and Murphy will be the winner here.

Postby Alex0paul

Snooker Overdrive wrote:There's an old guy in a suit sitting in the front row. He was already sleeping through most of the afternoon session and now it looks like he's sleeping again!

He comes over from Australia each year. Probably still jet lagged

Postby Andre147

Cannonball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:Who's the old dude with the santa beard and medal that's consistently in the back of shot when Hazel is chatting to the ex-pros?

He's been in that exact same spot before. It's the same old faces every year.

You won't believe this, but those people are sitting in 'season ticket' seats. As long as they buy those seats for every session of all 17 days, I think they have the option to buy them again the following year. Some of the faces are famous and the players see the same faces at eye level every year. It's bizarre. Check out the guy in the Coventry City shirt, he always were's one every year. Some of these folk have been attending for many decades. They've seen it all, literally. Obviously, they really don't want the tourney moving to China!

I don't agree with those season tickets at all, it deprives the chance of other people to stay in that particular seat reserved for only those who have that season ticket, like that guy with the Coventry shirt and the old man always sitting next to him.

I know they are always there every year but I don't agree with those season tickets or whatever at all.

Postby Andre147

Cope won't win this match I'm certain of it, makes too many basic errors and even Murphy not playing his best he will win it.

Had Cope won that previous frame I would have given him a chance, not now.

Postby Skullman

Hi, been busy these last 48 hours. How has the snooker gone? Ronnie great or solid in beating down Hull? Kendo great or Bingo crap? Burnett deserving of his lead? Carter v Xiao good match?

PS no access to streaming from here unfortunately :sad:

Postby AC or LT?

Skullman wrote:Hi, been busy these last 48 hours. How has the snooker gone? Ronnie great or solid in beating down Hull? Kendo great or Bingo crap? Burnett deserving of his lead? Carter v Xiao good match?

PS no access to streaming from here unfortunately :sad:

Ronnie was solid not brilliant, not bad - average ronnie.
Bingo was awful this morning, didn't turn up.
Burnett played okay in the latter stages this morning but was assisted by awfully Perry performance.
Carter v Xiao the stand out match of today and yesterday by far. Cater won it by a whisker but easily could've gone to Xiao if he'd played better in the first session.

Postby AC or LT?

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:Surely commentators shouldn't commentate while there still in the tournament? Bias and all that.

Why would Ken be biased?

He'll possibly be facing one of them some point down the line, he'll have a preferred winner based on that.

Griffiths commentating on his own players is worse though.
Last edited by AC or LT? on 20 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby ttol

AC or LT? wrote:
ttol wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:
ttol wrote:Oh god BBC shut off the coverage for Antiques Roadshow Play Along Quiz.

pmsl pmsl Glad I watch online.

Watching a low quality ES stream now.

What's wrong with the good quality BBC stream?

If I'm at my PC I might as well avoid Thorne and co if I can.