Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Sun April 20th) Last 32 !!

Postby Gnomy

Andre147 PGC wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Cope has a very bad technique


He holds the cue like Ray Reardon did actually.


His shoulders seem to come into play when he is playing the longish pot,

The Yips perhaps? :O

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Sun April 20th) Last 32 !!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wow what a finish to both matches!

I put the Murphy v Cope match on my TV and the Mags v Day on my PC. The Cope v Murphy decider was really great, both had chances and most the reds were safe. Cope was in control until he chose to play safe off the two reds below the black. That was a big mistake there, it ultimately cost him the match.

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Sun April 20th) Last 32 !!

Postby AC or LT?

kolompar wrote:unlucky Jamie, hopefully he can keep this good form

and I guess I was the only one but I liked Murphys attire
I dont think he looked fat either


He wasn't exactly Fores Gumping it out there either.

He isn't fat fat but he's definitely fat. Not that there is anything wrong with that at all.

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Sun April 20th) Last 32 !!

Postby Andre147

Gnomy wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
Gnomy wrote:Being a Murphy fan myself, for the first time I was routing for the opponent,
I hope Cope copes with this well,
He just has to improve on his long potting IMO and hopefully he will carry the positives from this into the next season.
What a day of snooker


You a fan of Ronnie and Selby <laugh> first time I've seen someone be a fan of both these players <laugh>


rofl
:P :P

What can I say?
I am just a great fan of the sport I guess :)
I can understand why people resent Ebdon, but IMO Selby is a class act and his safety play is top notch. :bowdown:


Yeah, I'm not a fan of Selby, but unlike some Ronnie fans I always respected his game and you're right his safety is top class.

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Sun April 20th) Last 32 !!

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Wow what a finish to both matches!

I put the Murphy v Cope match on my TV and the Mags v Day on my PC. The Cope v Murphy decider was really great, both had chances and most the reds were safe. Cope was in control until he chose to play safe off the two reds below the black. That was a big mistake there, it ultimately cost him the match.


Yeah agree.

As for Mags v Day, great effort from Mags to comeback from 9-6 to 9 all, but it just proved to be a deficit too big.

His main mistake was that 1st session when he was down 6-3. I don't know if his recent back problems had an impact, but nevertheless Day played well there.

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Sun April 20th) Last 32 !!

Postby Gnomy

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Gnomy wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
Gnomy wrote:Being a Murphy fan myself, for the first time I was routing for the opponent,
I hope Cope copes with this well,
He just has to improve on his long potting IMO and hopefully he will carry the positives from this into the next season.
What a day of snooker


You a fan of Ronnie and Selby <laugh> first time I've seen someone be a fan of both these players <laugh>


rofl
:P :P

What can I say?
I am just a great fan of the sport I guess :)
I can understand why people resent Ebdon, but IMO Selby is a class act and his safety play is top notch. :bowdown:


Yeah, I'm not a fan of Selby, but unlike some Ronnie fans I always respected his game and you're right his safety is top class.


Who isn't a fan of Ronnie?

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Sun April 20th) Last 32 !!

Postby Andre147

Gnomy wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
Gnomy wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
Gnomy wrote:Being a Murphy fan myself, for the first time I was routing for the opponent,
I hope Cope copes with this well,
He just has to improve on his long potting IMO and hopefully he will carry the positives from this into the next season.
What a day of snooker


You a fan of Ronnie and Selby <laugh> first time I've seen someone be a fan of both these players <laugh>


rofl
:P :P

What can I say?
I am just a great fan of the sport I guess :)
I can understand why people resent Ebdon, but IMO Selby is a class act and his safety play is top notch. :bowdown:


Yeah, I'm not a fan of Selby, but unlike some Ronnie fans I always respected his game and you're right his safety is top class.


Who isn't a fan of Ronnie?


Most Selby fans for instance rofl

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Sun April 20th) Last 32 !!

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Brilliant night of Snooker.

Glad Day managed to see off Maguire. TBH with the other match, I always thought Murphy would win even, when Cope kept pegging him back and getting level, Jamie looked too tight at times in the final couple of frames, and missed some shots by a mile, Shaun didn't play great at all, but looked more in control and experience definitely showed.

Nice to see Jamie Cope back playing to a good standard, but I'm afraid he never looked like winning tonight, far too snatchy at times.
Last edited by nice_shoes_ken on 20 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Sun April 20th) Last 32 !!

Postby AC or LT?

Gnomy wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
Gnomy wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
Gnomy wrote:Being a Murphy fan myself, for the first time I was routing for the opponent,
I hope Cope copes with this well,
He just has to improve on his long potting IMO and hopefully he will carry the positives from this into the next season.
What a day of snooker


You a fan of Ronnie and Selby <laugh> first time I've seen someone be a fan of both these players <laugh>


rofl
:P :P

What can I say?
I am just a great fan of the sport I guess :)
I can understand why people resent Ebdon, but IMO Selby is a class act and his safety play is top notch. :bowdown:


Yeah, I'm not a fan of Selby, but unlike some Ronnie fans I always respected his game and you're right his safety is top class.


Who isn't a fan of Ronnie?


I wrote a post on here last year explaining why I'm not a fan of Ronnie, unfortunately it was removed. In given a fair overview of my opinion of Ronnie to you now I'd run the same risk. To put it mildly I think he is a brat who thinks he's bigger than the sport and has persistently shown it disrespect from walking out half way through matches to taking ridiculously long breaks just because he had a free ride into the next years world championships. He is a very good player that can't be denied, but he doesn't have the temperament and respect for the game and ultimately class that Hendry and Davis had.

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Sun April 20th) Last 32 !!

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Andre, do you think Ronnie will also have to play a decider this year?


In a way that would be good for him and would shut some clueless persons out there who say he can't cope when under pressure because he hasn't been tested rofl <doh>

Obviosuly they didn't watch CoC this season.

But a decider may not be a bad thing for him, although that won't happen in last 16 of course <laugh>

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Sun April 20th) Last 32 !!

Postby PLtheRef

Day Two Table - 5 of 31 Matches Played
34 ALEX0PAUL 4 - 2
34 WILDEY 4 - 2

34 SNOOKER OVERDRIVE 4 - 1
32 SUNDAYGIRL 4 - 1
32 DRLOG147 4 - 1
30 KOLOMPAR 4 - 1
30 SKULLMAN 4 - 0
30 CLOUD STRIFE 4 - 0
28 SAVOMILOSEVIC 4 - 0
26 HOLDENCHINASKI 3 - 2
24 JMAL1 3 - 1
24 SNOOKY147 3 - 1
24 SLOWJOE 3 - 1
24 JADECHELSEA 3 - 1
24 GJ 3 - 1
24 THECLEAVER 3 - 0
22 NICE_SHOES_KEN 3 - 0
22 AYRSHIREBHOY 3 - 0
22 CONORS9 3 - 0
22 ANDRE147 3 - 0
22 PLTHEREF 3 - 0
20 RANDAM05 WC 3 - 0
18 MEDHI99 3 - 0
18 BORIS_THE_BUTCHER 2 - 1
16 JDM375 2 - 1
14 GNOMY 2 - 0
14 SMART 2 - 0
12 VODKADIET 2 - 0
0 AC OR LT? 0 - 0

With two days complete it's two former champions topping the charts at the moment with Snooker Overdrive just a correct score prediction behind in third place.

Sunday's Leaderboard
26 SNOOKER OVERDRIVE
24 ALEX0PAUL
24 WILDEY
24 KOLOMPAR
22 SKULLMAN
22 SUNDAYGIRL
22 CLOUD STRIFE
22 SAVOMILOSEVIC
22 DRLOG147
16 HOLDENCHINASKI
16 AYRSHIREBHOY
16 SNOOKY147
16 JADECHELSEA
16 THECLEAVER
14 NICE_SHOES_KEN
14 JMAL1
14 CONORS9
14 SLOWJOE
14 ANDRE147
14 RANDAM05 WC
14 PLTHEREF
14 GJ
12 MEDHI99
8 BORIS_THE_BUTCHER
6 JDM375
6 VODKADIET
6 GNOMY
6 SMART
x AC OR LT?

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Sun April 20th) Last 32 !!

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:AC whatever you think of Ronnie he's definitely grown up in the last couple of years. Have you watched his show?


His show been great so far, and you're right, he has matured a lot and is showing a lot more respect out there. Of course Ronnie being Ronnie he puts the odd silly performance like against Un-Nooh, but those are less and less frequent in recent times.

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Sun April 20th) Last 32 !!

Postby AC or LT?

Sonny wrote:AC whatever you think of Ronnie he's definitely grown up in the last couple of years. Have you watched his show?


He still thinks he's bigger than the sport and needs bringing down a peg, of course that's not entirely his own fault as the rest of the field haven't produced someone with the domination levels needed that should have really surfaced by now.

His interview on the whole Davis wildcard affair was shockingly arrogant as well "if I was in that position." He already considered himself on a par with your Hendry's and Davises despite not being as far as history is concerned, until he notches up title number seven I don't think he can be considered there level, the truth his if he'd had his head screwed on five or six years ago he'd have done that already.

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Sun April 20th) Last 32 !!

Postby Gnomy

Sonny wrote:Fair to say Cope's yips aren't physical but mental. Massive shoulder movement going on in many shots tonight.


I think that is being a tad too harsh on the lad,
Shoulder movement arising due to mental pressure is obvious when it is there, but other than the obvious ones I think there are many more subtle instances which are not as obvious as some of the ones we saw today.

I have not really seen him play earlier, so I am basing all of this purely on articles I read online.
Last edited by Gnomy on 20 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Sun April 20th) Last 32 !!

Postby Gnomy

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Gnomy wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
Gnomy wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote: rofl
:P :P

What can I say?
I am just a great fan of the sport I guess :)
I can understand why people resent Ebdon, but IMO Selby is a class act and his safety play is top notch. :bowdown:


Yeah, I'm not a fan of Selby, but unlike some Ronnie fans I always respected his game and you're right his safety is top class.


Who isn't a fan of Ronnie?


Most Selby fans for instance rofl


Hahaha <ok> :D

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Sun April 20th) Last 32 !!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Andre, do you think Ronnie will also have to play a decider this year?


In a way that would be good for him and would shut some clueless persons out there who say he can't cope when under pressure because he hasn't been tested rofl <doh>

Obviosuly they didn't watch CoC this season.

But a decider may not be a bad thing for him, although that won't happen in last 16 of course <laugh>


I think if his level doesn't drop from what he has played here the previous years and in 2014 so far, we won't have to. However it's one of the few things I haven't witnessed in all my time of watching snooker yet. Ronnie's last decider was in 2005 against Maguire.

Still I would clearly prefer Ronnie not having to play in one this year. Anything can happen in a decider and tension would be unbearable. Just imagine a decider against Selby in the final <laugh> .

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Sun April 20th) Last 32 !!

Postby Gnomy

AC or LT? wrote:
Gnomy wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
Gnomy wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote: rofl
:P :P

What can I say?
I am just a great fan of the sport I guess :)
I can understand why people resent Ebdon, but IMO Selby is a class act and his safety play is top notch. :bowdown:


Yeah, I'm not a fan of Selby, but unlike some Ronnie fans I always respected his game and you're right his safety is top class.


Who isn't a fan of Ronnie?


I wrote a post on here last year explaining why I'm not a fan of Ronnie, unfortunately it was removed. In given a fair overview of my opinion of Ronnie to you now I'd run the same risk. To put it mildly I think he is a brat who thinks he's bigger than the sport and has persistently shown it disrespect from walking out half way through matches to taking ridiculously long breaks just because he had a free ride into the next years world championships. He is a very good player that can't be denied, but he doesn't have the temperament and respect for the game and ultimately class that Hendry and Davis had.


Hmm.. Interesting opinions there,
But let us face it, Snooker would come off as drab and boring to anyone who does not play the sport, and Ronnie is by far the biggest ambassador for the sport.
He did go through a tough phase earlier, but that is all history now.
He walked out... once?
He has certainly grown past it, and many commentators would say, battled his mental demons and come out successfully.

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Sun April 20th) Last 32 !!

Postby Gnomy

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Andre, do you think Ronnie will also have to play a decider this year?


In a way that would be good for him and would shut some clueless persons out there who say he can't cope when under pressure because he hasn't been tested rofl <doh>

Obviosuly they didn't watch CoC this season.

But a decider may not be a bad thing for him, although that won't happen in last 16 of course <laugh>


I think if his level doesn't drop from what he has played here the previous years and in 2014 so far, we won't have to. However it's one of the few things I haven't witnessed in all my time of watching snooker yet. Ronnie's last decider was in 2005 against Maguire.

Still I would clearly prefer Ronnie not having to play in one this year. Anything can happen in a decider and tension would be unbearable. Just imagine a decider against Selby in the final <laugh> .

I would LOVE that :P :P

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Sun April 20th) Last 32 !!

Postby Gnomy

Sonny wrote:AC whatever you think of Ronnie he's definitely grown up in the last couple of years. Have you watched his show?


His show is top notch,
Great fun :spot on: :clap:

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Sun April 20th) Last 32 !!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Gnomy wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Andre, do you think Ronnie will also have to play a decider this year?


In a way that would be good for him and would shut some clueless persons out there who say he can't cope when under pressure because he hasn't been tested rofl <doh>

Obviosuly they didn't watch CoC this season.

But a decider may not be a bad thing for him, although that won't happen in last 16 of course <laugh>


I think if his level doesn't drop from what he has played here the previous years and in 2014 so far, we won't have to. However it's one of the few things I haven't witnessed in all my time of watching snooker yet. Ronnie's last decider was in 2005 against Maguire.

Still I would clearly prefer Ronnie not having to play in one this year. Anything can happen in a decider and tension would be unbearable. Just imagine a decider against Selby in the final <laugh> .

I would LOVE that :P :P


Who would you want to win in that situation?

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Sun April 20th) Last 32 !!

Postby Gnomy

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Gnomy wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Andre, do you think Ronnie will also have to play a decider this year?


In a way that would be good for him and would shut some clueless persons out there who say he can't cope when under pressure because he hasn't been tested rofl <doh>

Obviosuly they didn't watch CoC this season.

But a decider may not be a bad thing for him, although that won't happen in last 16 of course <laugh>


I think if his level doesn't drop from what he has played here the previous years and in 2014 so far, we won't have to. However it's one of the few things I haven't witnessed in all my time of watching snooker yet. Ronnie's last decider was in 2005 against Maguire.

Still I would clearly prefer Ronnie not having to play in one this year. Anything can happen in a decider and tension would be unbearable. Just imagine a decider against Selby in the final <laugh> .

I would LOVE that :P :P


Who would you want to win in that situation?


Damn thanks for putting me in a spot at 4 AM here :P

I would like to see Ronnie winning Selby, but only on the deciding frame.

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Sun April 20th) Last 32 !!

Postby Gnomy

Andre147 PGC wrote:So Gnomy being a Ronnie and Selby fan, if that Final happened on a decider, who would you be rooting for?

I'll just copy paste here :P :P


Damn thanks for putting me in a spot at 4 AM here :P

I would like to see Ronnie winning Selby, but only on the deciding frame.