Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Mon April 21st) Last 32 !!

Postby Jester82

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cannonball wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:Burnett like I said when the session started having a shocker like Bingo yesterday so Perry I'm sure will earn a meeting with Ronnie.

Would have liked Burnett though after his recent comments about him <laugh>

What comments?

I can't remember exactly now. Andre will know.

http://www.inside-snooker.com/snooker/2 ... unbeatable

And which of his comments are disrespectful to O'Sullivan?

Postby Andre147

Jester82 wrote:Nice break from Perry. If he's in the balls, he can sweep across the table and pot it off like nothing. What a tremendous second session.

He will struggle against Ronnie though.

That session in 2008 UK Champs he had is a distant memory now, nowadays Ronnie doesn't collapse like that.

Should be an easy win for Ronnie, I can see Perry winning 7 or 8 frames at most.

Postby Jester82

Andre147 PGC wrote:Disrespectful? Nobody said they were not respecful, it's just such a loser mentality.

Oh, you sounded like there was disrespect...but what do you expect? Saying, he'll bring him down on a long distance? Just being honest about his chances I suppose.

Postby Jester82

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Jester82 wrote:Nice break from Perry. If he's in the balls, he can sweep across the table and pot it off like nothing. What a tremendous second session.

He will struggle against Ronnie though.

That session in 2008 UK Champs he had is a distant memory now, nowadays Ronnie doesn't collapse like that.

Should be an easy win for Ronnie, I can see Perry winning 7 or 8 frames at most.

Well, was not particularly talking about a direct face-off, just a general observation of Perry's abilities.
Honestly, I see Ronnie squeeze through with ease as with the other chaps predicting a Perry defeat, however he is advised to not underestimate Perry.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:After Selby went 5-1 in front I thought for a moment he would win this match easily without too much effort. But then I remembered that this is Mark Selby <laugh>

He never likes to win things easy does he rofl as opposed to Ronnie... that's why he wastes so much mental energy that is nedeed in a long tourney such as this.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:After Selby went 5-1 in front I thought for a moment he would win this match easily without too much effort. But then I remembered that this is Mark Selby <laugh>

Yea he really needs to push home advantages.

I went out at 4-1 and i cant believe the score when i came back

Postby Wildey

Monday 21st of April

10am

Joe Perry 10-7 Jamie Burnett
Mark Selby 5-4 Michael White

2.30pm

**Ding Junhui 6-3 Michael Wasley
John Higgins v Alan McManus

7pm

Ricky Walden v Kyren Wilson
**Mark Selby v Michael White

Postby Andre147

mantorok wrote:
Jester82 wrote:
mantorok wrote:Selby looks burnt out.

Well, has he been dozy like this in the past? I can't recall...

No it's the excuse he will come up with if he loses the match.

Don't think any player would be that stupid to use that excuse anymore...

The fact is he shouldn't have played in the China Open, he said so himself but it was his choice.

I still think Selby will win, but will be close as I'd like it to be anyway. Wouldn't mind Whitey upseting him though, the lad is great talent and we need players like him coming through more often.

Postby Odrl

masterdoctorgenius wrote:what would have happened if the chalk touched one of the colours

What a disaster that would have been. He was snookered on all reds, so unless the chalk pushed one of the colours out of the way, it would have been a free ball, with the green waiting over the middle pocket. And all that from "goofing around" basically. ;-)

Anyway, some shocking snooker towards the end in that match, but White will be delighted to get out of the session 5-4. Selby won't be playing like that again though, so White really needs to cut out the missed sitters.

Good win for Perry, put the pressure on with some solid play in the first two frames, then won the crucial frame to go 6-6, and he never looked like losing since, even though it went quite scrappy. He had some bursts of good play in the match, but he really needs to prolong them over the whole match to compete with O'Sullivan.