Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Tue April 22nd) Last 32 !!

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Ayrshirebhoy wrote:@so I don't think so but we all know how much of a battler he is. Strange thing is thou, I reckon right now alan would give a better account of himself in the quarter and possible semi than Higgins right now.

I admire your cool <laugh>

Because just like in the last 2 years it's not a young, hungry player who is causing him trouble but players who are even older than him, Hendry, M. Davis and now McManus.

I would be reeling if this would be happening to Ronnie.

It has been hard to see SO but iv kinda accepted it now. Players peak at different times and I guess Higgins was at a younger age. He is a world class player thou with a good cueing action and reading of the game so I'm not giving up hope of a return. :)

Postby Cannonball

kolompar wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Trump talking rubbish.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-spo ... ip-3439353

<doh>

he actually has a point there

I dont get these millions of pounds in China thing though
most money at a Chinese event so far was 625000 pounds half of the current WC prize money

I believe it should be in China every other year. Fairs fair.

If Newport isn't big enough for the Welsh Open then how the hell is the Crucible big enough for the Worlds? The World Cup is staged in different countries on different continents each time, so I don't see why the WSC shouldn't be staged in different countries if World Snooker is truly building a world game? Traditions are fine and sometimes new traditions are necessary. Forget 900, I reckon we could put 10,000 bums on seats if promoted properly. Why not reach for the stars instead of accepting sub-standard? Because the two table set-up with a dividing wall at the Worlds is a joke. Old farts are holding snooker back.
Last edited by Cannonball on 22 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Cannonball wrote:
kolompar wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Trump talking rubbish.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-spo ... ip-3439353

<doh>

he actually has a point there

I dont get these millions of pounds in China thing though
most money at a Chinese event so far was 625000 pounds half of the current WC prize money

I believe it should be in China every other year. Fairs fair.

If Newport isn't big enough for the Welsh Open then how the hell is the Crucible big enough for the Worlds? The World Cup is staged in different countries on different continents each time, so I don't see why the WSC shouldn't be staged in different countries if World Snooker is truly building a world game? Traditions are fine and sometimes new traditions are necessary. Forget 900, I reckon we could put 10,000 bums on seats if promoted properly. Why not reach for the stars instead of accepting sub-standard? Because the two table set-up with a dividing wall at the Worlds is a joke. Old farts are holding snooker back.

I guess you must be an idiot as well then because I agree with you :p