Topic locked

Dafabet World Championship (Tue April 22nd) Last 32 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Saturday 19th of April~Monday 5th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Day 4 and only 2 matches is played to a finish and 4 Matches gets underway.

Australian Open Champion Marco Fu plays Martin Gould yet again having lost twice in the Last 32 of the World Championship to Gould and also getting underway today are Matches featuring Judd Trump and Mark Allen.

In 2010 when Tom Ford made his Debut at the Crucible he beat Judd Trump 10-3 in the last 48 to deny Judd his second crucible appearance so can he repeat that feat?

Alan Mcmanus will hope to close out a win against John Higgins leading 6-3 overnight and Kyren Wilson will hope to re group after losing the last 5 frames last night against Ricky Walden.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Tuesday 22nd of April

10am

Marco Fu v Martin Gould Marco Fu leads 5-3, in WC Gould leads 2-0
**John Higgins 3-6 Alan McManus Higgins leads 12-7

2.30pm

Barry Hawkins v David Gilbert Never Played Before
Judd Trump v Tom Ford 3-3

7pm

**Ricky Walden 6-3 Kyren Wilson Never Played Before
Mark Allen v Michael Holt 1-1

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Tue April 22nd) Last 32 !!

Postby SnookerFan

nice_shoes_ken wrote:I'm off to the Crucible today, for my first trip this year.

Off to see Hawkins v Gilbert this aft, quite nice working in a school, and the World Championships fall right into half term :-D

Good man.

Out of interest, what did you think of Xiao's shoes on Sunday? You being a shoe fan, of course. :D

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Actually I agree with judd and have said the same recently. The crucible is too small and it needs to move on. I know that's not popular with you guys so ill brace myself :) interesting if you click the poll at the bottom of link 36% say move and 64% say no.

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Quote from that link:

The contract is up next year – and there have even been suggestions that China is lining up a multi-million pound bid to grab the event.

If this is true would that not be a great move for snooker?

Postby SnookerFan

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:Actually I agree with judd and have said the same recently. The crucible is too small and it needs to move on. I know that's not popular with you guys so ill brace myself :) interesting if you click the poll at the bottom of link 36% say move and 64% say no.

I'd have thought No would be higher than 64% to be honest.

Those 36% have never been to The Crucible.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:Quote from that link:

The contract is up next year – and there have even been suggestions that China is lining up a multi-million pound bid to grab the event.

If this is true would that not be a great move for snooker?

Hearn said himself only a couple of days ago that he won't move the Worlds as long as he's in charge. End of story.

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ayrshirebhoy, do you think John will win this match?

I didn't see the first session, but I don't think he's the player he once was.

3 years ago, I'd have bet my left nut-sack that Higgins would win this from behind. Nowadays I'm a lot more cautious.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:@so I don't think so but we all know how much of a battler he is. Strange thing is thou, I reckon right now alan would give a better account of himself in the quarter and possible semi than Higgins right now.

I admire your cool <laugh>

Because just like in the last 2 years it's not a young, hungry player who is causing him trouble but players who are even older than him, Hendry, M. Davis and now McManus.

I would be reeling if this would be happening to Ronnie.