Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Wed April 23rd) Last 32 !!

Postby Andre147

Robbo's 4 tons I predicted still on :-D

Hopefully he makes them tomorrow in the 2nd session and be on 97 tons.

But even if he doesnt I think he will achieve that 100 number he so badly wants later on, if he reaches the quarters at least then it's nailed on.

Postby Andre147

PLtheRef wrote:
Skullman wrote:7-2 in the end, although he had to work hard for it, and he did for the other frame he had won.

Yup. Could have been 9-0

He would have taken 7-2 lead before the match started I'm certain, 9 nil would be a massive bonus but no big deal.

By the way, the only whitewash recorded at the Crucible came in 1992 when John Parrot defeated Eddie Charlton 10-0 first round.

Postby Andy Spark

it's clear that Ronnie, Robertson and Fu have been the best so far, all the playing stats for these three players roughly the same i.e. around 94% PS and 70% LPS. The difference is that you suspect Fu and Robbo were playing their "A" game, while Ronnie was only on his B game with a higher gear if needed. Of course, until Ronnie is tested you are never certain that the extra gear will be there under pressure, but it has been the last two years. :party:

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Do you think Allen will win comfortably tonight? And how do you see a potential Allen v Robbo match going?

Mark's one of those players, who can rack off 3-4 frames in a row and pull away, and the way the match is score wise I hope he does just that. Of course he hasn't been great form wise, so Holt may stick in the match, but he is one who can get frustrated and lose frames easily because of that.

Potential match against Robertson, Neil has had a great year, and I don't see Mark beating him, would be nice to see Mark get 10 frames maybe, but I doubt that will happen.

Postby Andre147

nice_shoes_ken wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Do you think Allen will win comfortably tonight? And how do you see a potential Allen v Robbo match going?

Mark's one of those players, who can rack off 3-4 frames in a row and pull away, and the way the match is score wise I hope he does just that. Of course he hasn't been great form wise, so Holt may stick in the match, but he is one who can get frustrated and lose frames easily because of that.

Potential match against Robertson, Neil has had a great year, and I don't see Mark beating him, would be nice to see Mark get 10 frames maybe, but I doubt that will happen.

Allen against Robbo has had some of the best performances I've seen from Allen and still he has lost, like those Masters encounters, so Allen can't be too hard on himself.

Allen often plays his best against him and even that often is not enough so what can you say...

Postby kolompar

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Robbie came from 7-2 down to win his final qualifying match, didn't he? :gag: rofl

yes he had two great comebacks beating Advani 10-7 from 4-7 down and then beating O'Brien 10-9 from 2-7 down

I dont think he could comeback against Robbo though

Postby Cannonball

kolompar wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Robbie came from 7-2 down to win his final qualifying match, didn't he? :gag: rofl

yes he had two great comebacks beating Advani 10-7 from 4-7 down and then beating O'Brien 10-9 from 2-7 down

I dont think he could comeback against Robbo though

If he comes back from 7-2 down against a top top player, as a qualifier, at the Worlds, it would be the mother of all comebacks. I don't see it.

Postby Cannonball

SnookerFan wrote:A lot of talk this week has been about potential Ronnie beaters. What about Mark Allen? He's done it at The Crucible before.

How's Allen gonna get to the final to meet Ronnie? Please lovely lady, please.

Postby Cannonball

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:A lot of talk this week has been about potential Ronnie beaters. What about Mark Allen? He's done it at The Crucible before.

<laugh> Tell me, how is the Mark Allen from this season supposed to get to the final?

Great minds thinking alike. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Cannonball wrote:

By doing the same as other out of form players who have won The Crucible, I guess.

Postby SnookerFan

Cannonball wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

<laugh> Tell me, how is the Mark Allen from this season supposed to get to the final?

Great minds thinking alike. <laugh>

Fools seldom differ.....

Postby Cannonball

SnookerFan wrote:
Cannonball wrote:

By doing the same as other out of form players who have won The Crucible, I guess.

You'd better get down the bookies then. rofl

Postby Andy Spark

You are actually more likely to make extra centuries if you deliberately lose the close frames to extend the match over a greater distance. So that's what Robbo should do, if he has a 50 point lead and he can't make the century then throw the frame.

Postby Cannonball

Snooker Overdrive wrote:The way Dale and Davis have started so far, this match could take a while rofl

It's a good job Judd isn't playing them, there'd be complaints!

Postby Cannonball

SnookerFan wrote:BBC going with the dream team of Parrott and Taylor.

Ok, the scouse accent isn't my favourite but I do respect Parrot. He couldn't half hit them as a pro. And he does know what he's talking about. Shame it will be ruined by the hammer next to him.

Postby Andre147

Andy Spark wrote:You are actually more likely to make extra centuries if you deliberately lose the close frames to extend the match over a greater distance. So that's what Robbo should do, if he has a 50 point lead and he can't make the century then throw the frame.

If you do that against the top players see where that leads you :wave:

Against Robbie Williams yeah sure, why not... <laugh>

Postby Cannonball

You can get Allen as high as 28/1 if you have some money you don't need returning. rofl