Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Wed April 23rd) Last 32 !!

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:I hope we have a couple of gruelling 90 minute frames here

Me too <ok>

After all Dale is involved in the longest frame ever isn't he... against Harold I think.

That was Murphy v Harold in the China Open wasn't it? 93 minutes

No, think the record has been broken recently, 1 or 2 years ago, it's now 94 minutes, Dale v Harold I'm almost sure.

Postby Skullman

Alex0paul wrote:That was Murphy v Harold in the China Open wasn't it? 93 minutes

Dom and Harold beat it last year in the qualifiers, can't remember which. Think it was 98 or 99 minutes long.

Edit: It was the 2013 World Open last 48.
Last edited by Skullman on 23 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:That was Murphy v Harold in the China Open wasn't it? 93 minutes

Dom and Harold beat it last year in the qualifiers, can't remember which. Think it was 98 or 99 minutes long.

Yeah thought so myself.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Why is the name Harold always coming up when we talk about longest frames ever? :chin:

Surely must be a coincidence.

He's such an attacking player that all the grinders try to slow him down.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Why is the name Harold always coming up when we talk about longest frames ever? :chin:

Surely must be a coincidence.

Good question, Cliff or Griffiths should have been the ones :grrr:

At least they have the latest Crucible finish, something close to 4 a.m <laugh> The match where Cliff made the 147.
Last edited by Andre147 on 23 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:Last Man Dominic Dale beat at the Crucible was David Gray 14 years ago he won 13-1

13-1? <laugh> Never thought Dale would be capable of such a heavy defeat, must have been something really wrong with Gray there, almost a whitewash in a Best of 25!

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Says a lot about the standard this year when Dom Dale is one of the better performers in the first round...

lol, the best so far have been Hawkins, Fu and Robbo who stil hasn't finished his match.

Postby Alex0paul

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Wildey wrote:Last Man Dominic Dale beat at the Crucible was David Gray 14 years ago he won 13-1

13-1? <laugh> Never thought Dale would be capable of such a heavy defeat, must have been something really wrong with Gray there, almost a whitewash in a Best of 25!

David Gray was one of the most infuriating players ever. Unbelievably talented but his temperament was awful. Lost 13-2 to Ebdon in 2006 as well

Postby Wildey

Andre147 PGC wrote:

Gray was in shock after beating a in form Ronnie lol

Postby Skullman

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Skullman wrote:Says a lot about the standard this year when Dom Dale is one of the better performers in the first round...

lol, the best so far have been Hawkins, Fu and Robbo who stil hasn't finished his match.

I said better, not best. With some of the poor performances that's not saying much.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

lol, Ronnie made 5 tons in that match didnt he? And still lost 10-9, must have been a good match I think, but in a way I'm glad I was young at the time so didn't watch that <laugh>

If it were on Youtube tough I would definately watch it, but dont think anyone has it :shrug:
Last edited by Andre147 on 23 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:The blue nearly went in off with that break off shot. Can anyone remember a match where a player actually potted a colour with his break off?

Dotty once missed the entire pack of reds from his break off shot, remember it very well, a match against Michael Judge at the Welsh Open.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

And if Dom wins here, he again will meet a player who caused a huge upset. Same outcome?

#patterns

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:And if Dom wins here, he again will meet a player who caused a huge upset. Same outcome?

#patterns

That's a very vague pattern. Maybe you should leave it to the likes of Alex or me?

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:And if Dom wins here, he again will meet a player who caused a huge upset. Same outcome?

#patterns

That's a very vague pattern. Maybe you should leave it to the likes of Alex or me?

Yeah leave it to the experts :chuckle: