Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Thurs April 24th) Last 32 &

Postby Cannonball

Davis is very insightful. I hope they've got him for the final; it deserves him, instead of know nothing Taylor and 'he's the favourite at evens for this frame now' Thorne.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:For me Carter will win this match, have been saying so since we knew they could face each other in the Last 16.

Carter is just a diferent animal at the Worlds so it almost doesnt matter his previous head to head against Selby.

Yeah I said the same thing after the PTC finals.

Wild mentioned yesterday, that Carter is one the these players who are affected by previous matches and h2h records and that's why Selby will beat him. Although there certainly is some truth to that, I disagree in this context, OK Carter lost to Ronnie 3 times at the Crucible but what is often forgotten is how well Ronnie had to play in all these matches to win. If Selby doesn't step it up, he will lose it's a simple as that.
Last edited by Snooker Overdrive on 24 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

nice_shoes_ken wrote:Great start from Ali, and I agree with above comments, I think Carter will win as well, Selby will have to play very well to beat him, Carter just seems to always turn up at the Crucible in recent years.

Think it's inevitable, that one of Carter or Robertson will make the final from the bottom half.

We could get the long awaited third installment of the Ronnie vs Carter Crucible Final trilogy. :D

Postby mantorok

Cloud Strife wrote:
nice_shoes_ken wrote:Great start from Ali, and I agree with above comments, I think Carter will win as well, Selby will have to play very well to beat him, Carter just seems to always turn up at the Crucible in recent years.

Think it's inevitable, that one of Carter or Robertson will make the final from the bottom half.

We could get the long awaited third installment of the Ronnie vs Carter Crucible Final trilogy. :D

No thanks, Robbo please...

Postby Cannonball

Holden Chinaski wrote:I think this will be an epic battle. It's Frodo vs Gollum!

Frodo has never struck me as being bright.

Postby mantorok

Holden Chinaski wrote:
mantorok wrote:Does Selby purposefully p*ss about when he's at the table? Or is he just a little slower than everyone else?

Is this the first time you've seen him play?

No, it was a serious question, just wondering whether it's tactics or he's just slow in the head. Takes too long to see a shot some players see in seconds.

Postby Jester82

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Jester82 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I think this will be an epic battle. It's Frodo vs Gollum!

Who is who?

Carter is Frodo obviously!

And Selby Gollum...not even close mate...

Postby Holden Chinaski

Skullman wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Selby looks exactly like Gollum. The world champ trophy is his precious but it will never be his...

That's not looking like Gollum.

No, that was just some extra info. He does look like gollum. He looks evil and he's skinny.