Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Thurs April 24th) Last 32 &

Postby Andy Spark

TheRocket wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:Ronnie's C game there. Anyone in the competition can beat him on his C game. The strange thing about Ronnie's C game is that it's mostly just his long game that becomes rubbish, the standard of his other departments only drops slightly but his long game becomes shocking.

Yeah, his long game sometimes is just massively weak. When he's at his C-game , he's probably one of the weakest players in the Top 16 in that department. I think, after beating Selby 5:1 in the Premier League 2010 he said that when it comes to the long potting he probably isn't even in the Top 16.

If he keeps playing his C game then Joe won't need to pot a long ball to win the match, he'll just play defensive snooker and wait for Ronnie to miss the long ones. Sometimes I wonder if Ronnie should change his game plan when he knows he is playing his C game, refuse the early long pots, play safety a bit more in the early stages of frames.

Postby mantorok

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Ronnie will win tomorrows session i am sure
Having the obligatory one bad session of the way i think he will gear up and hast to

5-3 down is not even that bad a session. He certainly wont be panicking just yet.

Postby Andy Spark

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Ronnie will win tomorrows session i am sure
Having the obligatory one bad session of the way i think he will gear up and hast to

Well, he didn't lose a session last year, his worst was 4-4, but he was in exactly this position against Robertson in 2012, 3-5 down in the quarter-finals and then in the following session was helped by Robertson getting nervous on his lead. Hopefully Joe Perry will get nervous and miss a few tomorrow just like Robertson did, but mostly you feel the key is Ronnie getting his B game tomorrow. If Ronnie produces back to back bad sessions, then even if he wins the match it doesn't look good for the rest of the event.

Postby AC or LT?

Andre147 PGC wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:Hi, does anyone have a link to the live stream that was showing Carter v Selby this afternoon, it's not on iplayer yet and as it's my two favourite players I'm an impatient bugger at the moment.

Here it is:

First 4 frames:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihOnQGFKQ4U

Frames 5-8:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN0rZLZsSYU

Russian commentary, but who cares, you wont get it anytime soon from other sources I feel. This guy uploads matches almost right after they finish, so it's a good source.

Thankyou. Don't need commentary anyway, I normally use the beeb's live stream to watch an afternoon match so no/russian commentary is preferable.

Postby GJ

Was out this evening so just saw the robbo game on free view

Pure class with the 2tons

:hatoff:

Well played Joseph great start

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
GJ wrote:Was out this evening so just saw the robbo game on free view

How do you see his match against Allen going? Robbo of course in much better form than Mark but still Neil never beat him comfortably except in the 2013 China Open.

Tough game , the masters match aside their matches are usually high quality.

Allen raises his game v the big names so it will be a tough test.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

GJ wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
GJ wrote:Was out this evening so just saw the robbo game on free view

How do you see his match against Allen going? Robbo of course in much better form than Mark but still Neil never beat him comfortably except in the 2013 China Open.

Tough game , the masters match aside their matches are usually high quality.

Allen raises his game v the big names so it will be a tough test.

I think so too. He's not the kind of player who gets intimated and rolls over. But he will have to play out of his skin to actually beat Robbo.

Postby Wildey

TheRocket wrote:
Skullman wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Joe Perry is not Stephen Hendry or John Higgins. I think, for his standards that was the best he can play. He won two frames with one visit by making two great breaks, his long potting was strong through the whole match and safeties ok.

He's played better a few times this season alone.

But to do it at the Crucible is something different. I just think, this session now was probably the best he can play. He was just strong throughout the whole match and didn't become nervy when Ronnie came back. Joe just looks calm and fully focussed.

Joe can play better and has played far better than that at the crucible and he will need to play better to win this match.