Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Thurs April 24th) Last 32 &

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:Question

If Ronnie came to the Crucible after Winning 10 Ranking Events that season Would he be a no hoper to win the Worlds?

No he wouldnt be, but his chances of winning the title wouldn't be so far ahead of the other players because the Worlds is such an unique tournament it almost doesnt matter what has happened the whole season.

A player can win at the Crucible having a horrible season or can win it having a dream season, thats the unique nature of the Worlds and thats why its our best tournament. <ok>

Postby Cannonball

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Wildey wrote:Question

If Ronnie came to the Crucible after Winning 10 Ranking Events that season Would he be a no hoper to win the Worlds?

No he wouldnt be, but his chances of winning the title wouldn't be so far ahead of the other players because the Worlds is such an unique tournament it almost doesnt matter what has happened the whole season.

A player can win at the Crucible having a horrible season or can win it having a dream season, thats the unique nature of the Worlds and thats why its our best tournament. <ok>

Yep, it's more Grand National than Gold Cup if you know what I mean?

Postby mantorok

I really wish Carter would chill out, he's so intense and serious, if he wasn't so much so he would probably win more frequently.

Suspect Carter / Selby match is going to be a slugfest, I bet the first frame goes scrappy lol

Postby Skullman

Holden Chinaski wrote:About the centuries, Ali has been battling sickness his whole career and Selby enters every single tournament.

Also Selby is a better breakbuilder, and was much better in his breakbuilding peak.

Postby Andre147

For me Carter will win this match, have been saying so since we knew they could face each other in the Last 16.

Carter is just a diferent animal at the Worlds so it almost doesnt matter his previous head to head against Selby.

Postby mantorok

Andre147 PGC wrote:For me Carter will win this match, have been saying so since we knew they could face each other in the Last 16.

Carter is just a diferent animal at the Worlds so it almost doesnt matter his previous head to head against Selby.

Agreed. Selby will have to play out of his skin to beat Carter.

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Great start from Ali, and I agree with above comments, I think Carter will win as well, Selby will have to play very well to beat him, Carter just seems to always turn up at the Crucible in recent years.

Think it's inevitable, that one of Carter or Robertson will make the final from the bottom half.