Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Friday April 25th) Last 16 !

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:That match against Morgan must have been a good one, as it was the one I mentioned yesterday between Ronnie and David Gray. Even though he lost both, would like to watch them on Youtube, but don't think anyone has it. :shrug:

I have the matches on VHS tapes, but I no longer have a recorder!!!!!!! :-D

The good old VHS tapes <cool>

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I can't see a repeat of either of those two previous outcomes. If Ronnie loses it will 10-13 or something but not in a decider and well if he loses 13-3 he can hand over his cue to a spectator like in 2006 <laugh>

I so wish I were that kid he gave his cue to :-D lucky bastard <laugh>

Postby PLtheRef

TheRocket wrote:Perry also led 5:3 after the first session against Williams in 2004. I hope, this doesn't mean anything lol.

He also put his foot down in that match and pulled away to go 9-3 up at the second interval.

5-3 up in a Best of 25 Frame match is not much of a gap as if Ronnie wins the next session then its going to be 8-8 at best for Joe, even if Ronnie shared the session then 9-7 is no real margin going into the finale on Saturday morning

What would be interesting is if Joe wins the second session and takes the score to 10-6 then you'd have to say Ronnie has a lot to do.

Postby Andre147

PLtheRef wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Perry also led 5:3 after the first session against Williams in 2004. I hope, this doesn't mean anything lol.

He also put his foot down in that match and pulled away to go 9-3 up at the second interval.

5-3 up in a Best of 25 Frame match is not much of a gap as if Ronnie wins the next session then its going to be 8-8 at best for Joe, even if Ronnie shared the session then 9-7 is no real margin going into the finale on Saturday morning

What would be interesting is if Joe wins the second session and takes the score to 10-6 then you'd have to say Ronnie has a lot to do.

Yeah 10-6 Ronnie would have to win the 3rd session at most 6-2, not easy even against Joe Perry but Joe also has this tendency that when close to winning a Big match he cracks under pressure.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

PLtheRef wrote:

PL, would you say Perry was a better player back then? That sounds very impressive, Williams was in his peak at the time.

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:To give O'Sullivan fans some hope, he trailed 4-8 to D.Morgan in the second round in 1995, and won 13-8.

Ronnie also lost to Morgan in 1997 in the second round on a decider. The match finished on the morning session of the second Saturday, just like this match against Perry is due to.

Postby vodkadiet

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:

PL, would you say Perry was a better player back then? That sounds very impressive, Williams was in his peak at the time.

Perry was 9-3 and 10-5 up in that match, then lost 6 frames in a row to trail 10-11, before steeling himself to win 3 straight frames for the 13-11 verdict.

Postby Andre147

Perry I'd say is a better player now, more consistent and just won a PTC in Asia beating the likes of Selby for instance.

One upset in that 2004 match doesnt suddently mean he was playing better then, but its a nice scalp nevertheless to have knocked the defending champ Williams out in that year.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:Perry I'd say is a better player now, more consistent and just won a PTC in Asia beating the likes of Selby for instance.

One upset in that 2004 match doesnt suddently mean he was playing better then, but its a nice scalp nevertheless to have knocked the defending champ Williams out in that year.

Overall I agree but to defeat Williams in the Worlds at that time took bottle and nowadays he usually falls short in semis or quarters against the top players.

Postby Andre147

Selby v Carter is turning out to be a very interesting match, cant wait for the 2nd session and if it carries on like it has done :hatoff:

Selby in that 1st session looked like his old self when he was scoring heavily and punishing his opponents mistakes heavily. Good signs for Selby fans there, but Selby too can be very inconsistent in his performances.

Postby Paddpotter

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I can't see a repeat of either of those two previous outcomes. If Ronnie loses it will 10-13 or something but not in a decider and well if he loses 13-3 he can hand over his cue to a spectator like in 2006 <laugh>

Perry had a coaching session from hendry today and it showed. He kept with him in the safety department and was clinical when he got a chance. O'sullivan was terrible over long distance and even if he does beat Perry there is no way he is winning this tournament atm.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:I'm not convinced like everyone else that Perry will choke when it comes to the crunch. He didn't choke against Williams in 2004 or when he beat Ronnie in the UK. Ronnie can't afford to rely on that.

totally agree

believe me Joe Perry wont choke in a possition to win Ronnie will need to step it up.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:Perry I'd say is a better player now, more consistent and just won a PTC in Asia beating the likes of Selby for instance.

Overall I agree but to defeat Williams in the Worlds at that time took bottle and nowadays he usually falls short in semis or quarters against the top players.

Joe Perry is a steady reliable Pro he isnt a Great player so in tournaments he will fall short because he will inevitably meat Better players at some point and not that he chokes matches.

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

SnookerFan wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

Shaun Murphy ‏@Magician147
Got out of the wrong side of bed today on purpose. Let's see what it brings #boredbetweenmatches #spicethingsupalittle #whosaidimboring

He's gonna get drunk and flick peanuts at bar bottles today, his good self will emerge from his body, to kick his bad selfs bottom and eventually kill him. His good self will then get out of bed fine and thrash marco fu. You read it here first guys.

Postby SnookerFan

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:He's gonna get drunk and flick peanuts at bar bottles today, his good self will emerge from his body, to kick his bad selfs bottom and eventually kill him. His good self will then get out of bed fine and thrash marco fu. You read it here first guys.

:huh:

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

SnookerFan wrote:
Ayrshirebhoy wrote:He's gonna get drunk and flick peanuts at bar bottles today, his good self will emerge from his body, to kick his bad selfs bottom and eventually kill him. His good self will then get out of bed fine and thrash marco fu. You read it here first guys.

:huh:

http://youtu.be/ZlI-i5xM30o

Postby Roland

SnookerFan wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

Jason Francis ‏@Snookerlegends
We are working on our autumn dates at the moment with a huge TV event planned for late December....

Who gives a buck?