Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Friday April 25th) Last 16 !

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
boris_the_butcher wrote:Carter delaying the inevitable.

No Selby is delaying the inevitable that is 12-8 <laugh>

He got two this morning.

I know he's well capable of getting the snookers he needs, but with such a huge advantage he should just concede the frame. No point really carry on, he'll win the match, no doubt about it.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Skullman wrote:12-8 proper now, Hope Mark finishes it off next frame, an easy match would be a nice change.

Wouldnt you love a decider? Selby wins them all so <laugh>

I'd like Mark to try a new strategy this year, called reaching the semis fresh.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
Skullman wrote:12-8 proper now, Hope Mark finishes it off next frame, an easy match would be a nice change.

Wouldnt you love a decider? Selby wins them all so <laugh>

I'd like Mark to try a new strategy this year, called reaching the semis fresh.

That will be his chance of winning this title, plus score heavier against the top players.

Postby Cannonball

Just wondering if members believe that Ronnie has under-prepared? Usually, he devotes a good 4-6 weeks to the Worlds, missing the China Open to avoid distractions. But in a recent interview he said that he practises less, because he doesn't like practise anymore and only does it for the end result at tournaments. He also has a busy life devoting time to running, relationship, children, etc. Snooker is a minor part of his life now. Has it cost him the Crucible crown?

Postby Andre147

Cannonball wrote:Just wondering if members believe that Ronnie has under-prepared? Usually, he devotes a good 4-6 weeks to the Worlds, missing the China Open to avoid distractions. But in a recent interview he said that he practises less, because he doesn't like practise anymore and only does it for the end result at tournaments. He also has a busy life devoting time to running, relationship, children, etc. Snooker is a minor part of his life now. Has it cost him the Crucible crown?

Good point but I dont think so, last season he came to the Worlds with no competition whatsoever under his belt and won the title.

I know what most gonna say, the pressure was less because it wasnt expected to win whereas this year he is, but if he loses that match against Perry it wont be because of under.preparing but because he was so heavy favourite, and just for you to know Ronnie in his entire career has been favourite for the World Title a total of 9 times, only in 2 of those did he manage to win the title so you get the picture

Also check this excelent article on SnookerBacker website to know what I'm refering to:

http://www.snookerbacker.com/2014/03/19 ... d-history/.
Last edited by Andre147 on 25 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cannonball

masterdoctorgenius wrote:I am quite nervous. Tomorrow could make my follwing week happy or sad

It's a nightmare scenario, like waiting to take an exam you know you are ill prepared for. The temptation (for me) is to open the whisky and drink. I think being a Ronnie fan is the hardest of all. There is such expectation, such a massive amount of talent, and the records that await. It's a lot of pressure for him and his fans. How can he not win the WC. Know what I mean? It's a lose-draw situation. If he wins it, it's expected. If he doesn't it's failure. Which itself is testament to the fact that he really is the greatest ever.