Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Friday April 25th) Last 16 !

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:I think Carter wont win this match now, thought he would but really he's had chances when Selby is a bit down to really punish him like that last frame he should have won, but he didnt and allowed Selby again to have a 3 frame cushion.

It becomes apparent when Carter gets close again to Selby he can't take advantage, so with more or less effort Selby will eventually come through.

I'm afraid you're right. Selby is playing pretty well in this match, better than I expected him to.

Still, Carter is far from out of this yet and he is at the table with a chance.

Postby Cannonball

SnookerFan wrote:
Cannonball wrote:Who's the best dressed player and why? I do like Ronnie's classic look. Carter in something similar today. Nice.

Does it matter? It's not a fashion contest? <laugh>

Sartorial elegance is part of the game, it's a gentleman's game afterall. I don't want that to sound snobby, but players have always looked good, which is something unusual in sport. I mean, look at the darts players. Oh dear! Gents used to have dinner, take off the old dinner jacket and play. That's where the look came from.

Postby Andre147

If it's 7-5, and if the patterns continues Selby will win the next frame and get a 3 frame cushion again at 8-5.

As I said when Carter seems to be getting close with Selby he can't advantage.

Postby SnookerFan

Cannonball wrote:
Sartorial elegance is part of the game, it's a gentleman's game afterall. I don't want that to sound snobby, but players have always looked good, which is something unusual in sport. I mean, look at the darts players. Oh dear! Gents used to have dinner, take off the old dinner jacket and play. That's where the look came from.

Each to their own, sir. <ok>

As the least fashionable person on the planet, I'm just messing around.

Postby Cannonball

I saw a picture of Doug Mountjoy. One of those official studio pose series. I can't remember the name of the series, it had a lion rampant in the bottom corner as a trademark. Anyway, Mountjoy had this lovely waistcoat that scooped at the front at the bottom. Black bow tie and a pink frilly shirt. Stunning. I just thought, now that take's balls to dress like that to a match.

Postby Andre147

Selby needing 4 snooker <laugh>

Nothing new, he will still come to the table if he needs 5.

6 dont think he has ever come to the table, but wouldnt surprise me...

He did once get 5 snookers against Hendry and won that frame after all...

Hendry was bemused and couldnt believe what was happening

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Cannonball wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Cannonball wrote:Who's the best dressed player and why? I do like Ronnie's classic look. Carter in something similar today. Nice.

Does it matter? It's not a fashion contest? <laugh>

I agree. I wouldn't like to see the players turn up in their PTC outfits here at the Crucible.

Postby Cannonball

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Is he the main presenter now? Haven't seen Hazel in a long time.

Not sure. But he has both BBC sessions today and 2/3 of the weekend sessions.

Good, she's dreadful. She asks the same leading questions that have half the answer she wants from the players loaded in. She obviously doesn't play and knows little of the game. I'd rather have Reanne Evans, the accent aside. At least she knows the game. She should do some media work, it would be good for snooker. Tidy too.Image

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 PGC wrote:Selby needing 4 snooker <laugh>

Nothing new, he will still come to the table if he needs 5.

6 dont think he has ever come to the table, but wouldnt surprise me...

He did once get 5 snookers against Hendry and won that frame after all...

Hendry was bemused and couldnt believe what was happening

Nothing wrong with a player fighting hard to win.

Postby SnookerFan

Cannonball wrote:Good, she's dreadful. She asks the same leading questions that have half the answer she wants from the players loaded in. She obviously doesn't play and knows little of the game. I'd rather have Reanne Evans, the accent aside. At least she knows the game. She should do some media work, it would be good for snooker. Tidy too.Image

Well, if we're talking fashion, I like that top she's wearing. :evilgrin:

Postby Cannonball

SnookerFan wrote:
Cannonball wrote:Good, she's dreadful. She asks the same leading questions that have half the answer she wants from the players loaded in. She obviously doesn't play and knows little of the game. I'd rather have Reanne Evans, the accent aside. At least she knows the game. She should do some media work, it would be good for snooker. Tidy too.Image

Well, if we're talking fashion, I like that top she's wearing. :evilgrin:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Would look good at the crucible that. Or at a league game. Can we buy them?

Postby Cannonball

SnookerFan wrote:
Cannonball wrote:Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Would look good at the crucible that. Or at a league game. Can we buy them?

Talk to Sonny. He'll bring some round in his van. He'll do you a special offer.

Is this a van with dodgy back doors with stuff always falling out? :chuckle:

Yeah, I'll message and ask him if they can be made up. Who else is up for buying some?