Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Saturday April 26th) Last 16

Postby Andy Spark

Cloud Strife wrote:
Or it could be that the ranking system hasn't always reflected who the best players are. Was really surprised to learn Jimmy White was never higher than third seed for the Crucible.

I think rankings never lie, Ronnie is the 33rd best player in the world. The pros below him in the list are just exceedingly thankful that the 32 players better than Ronnie consistently fail to produce their "A" game.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Skullman wrote:So many BLOBs in this match, it's not worn it to mention each one individually.

This match is a microcosm of what the standards were like in the early 90s.

Is hendry-fan around? rofl

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Two old men missing ball after ball. Hopefully it's gonna change. I want Doherty or McManus at least to give Selby something like a tough match but I guess, it's gonna be a practice session for Selby.

Maybe Selby can try and beat his six centuries against Hendry in 2011 :-D

Forget the six centuries but I think, Selby will make a maximum break. He will be enjoying his practice session and then going for it. <laugh>

Postby GJ

Call me deluded but Ronnie winning helps robbo as a Ronnie loss robbo would have become fav and that adds more pressure.

Postby TheRocket

GJ wrote:Didn't see Ronnie match how did it pan out.

Perry choke or Ronnie upping it.

Well, Perry was totally helpless the last two frames when Ronnie made two brillant back to back centuries but Perry had his chances to go 12:10 up and was a little bit unlucky to be fair when he potted the blue, tried to open the pack from it and white went off.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:
Skullman wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Two old men missing ball after ball. Hopefully it's gonna change. I want Doherty or McManus at least to give Selby something like a tough match but I guess, it's gonna be a practice session for Selby.

Maybe Selby can try and beat his six centuries against Hendry in 2011 :-D

Forget the six centuries but I think, Selby will make a maximum break. He will be enjoying his practice session and then going for it. <laugh>

If McManus can reproduce his form against Higgins he will make things difficult for Selby. Mark will take this match very seriously and will take nothing for granted after he lost a few matches he expected to win recently (Gilbert, Dunn, ...).

Postby Andre147

Perry definately didnt choke, Ronnie just upped his game massively, making those 2 back to back tons.

100% long pot sucess in the 3rd session, 97% pot sucess in the 3rd also, 91 for the whole match.

3rd session he played very well, didnt start that well needs to be said but then was marvelous after the MSI.

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
If McManus can reproduce his form against Higgins he will make things difficult for Selby. Mark will take this match very seriously and will take nothing for granted after he lost a few matches he expected to win recently (Gilbert, Dunn, ...).

You're right SO and I definitely don't want to be disrespectful but it's hard to believe, that Selby won't take this chance now. He knows that he basicially won't get a better quarter final opponent with all due respect for Doherty and McManus. They have great achievements, especially Ken but they are obviously not the players they once were as we see in this match once again.

Postby GJ

SO

I always feel complacency is robbos main weakness as shown v Milkins.

His masters title was as tough but shorter format