Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Saturday April 26th) Last 16

Postby Cannonball

GJ wrote:Rocket

Fair point , fu is a far bigger threat to Ronnie than Murphy.


I don't buy this bunny theory. The person who wins the match is The threat to Ronnie. The rest is supposition.

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Saturday April 26th) Last 16

Postby Andre147

Cannonball wrote:
GJ wrote:Rocket

Fair point , fu is a far bigger threat to Ronnie than Murphy.


I don't buy this bunny theory. The person who wins the match is The threat to Ronnie. The rest is supposition.


So by that logic Wasley is as much of a threat to Dom than Ding is right?

Fu on paper is tougher than Murphy, his record against Ronnie speaks for itself.

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Saturday April 26th) Last 16

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Barring snookers, it'll be 7-1 Dom. Wasley could doing a David Gray at the moment.


That would be unbelievable if it happened again.

Doubt it to be honest, Wasley will make things a bit interesting winning a few frames but I now cant see him winning this match.

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Saturday April 26th) Last 16

Postby Cannonball

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Cannonball wrote:
GJ wrote:Rocket

Fair point , fu is a far bigger threat to Ronnie than Murphy.


I don't buy this bunny theory. The person who wins the match is The threat to Ronnie. The rest is supposition.


So by that logic Wasley is as much of a threat to Dom than Ding is right?

Fu on paper is tougher than Murphy, his record against Ronnie speaks for itself.


Records won't win matches at this years Worlds. If history was the perfect predictor of the future, we'd all be very rich. Records are there to be made or broken. Yeah, some players have an issue with other players, e.g. Ding v. Ronnie. Who's the bigger threat to Ronnie, Wasley or Ding? Everyone (except me) said Perry would be walkover for Ronnie because of the past when Perry wilted. I didn't see Joe wilt this match. Only a couple of centuries put him out. Know what I mean?

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Saturday April 26th) Last 16

Postby randam05

The end there was the best thing I've ever seen!! I am so happy! This shots were unbelievable if it was ronnie they'd be raving. What an entertainer crowd got well into it aswell dom loved every minute of that

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Saturday April 26th) Last 16

Postby Skullman

Cannonball wrote:Records won't win matches at this years Worlds. If history was the perfect predictor of the future, we'd all be very rich. Records are there to be made or broken. Yeah, some players have an issue with other players, e.g. Ding v. Ronnie. Who's the bigger threat to Ronnie, Wasley or Ding? Everyone (except me) said Perry would be walkover for Ronnie because of the past when Perry wilted. I didn't see Joe wilt this match. Only a couple of centuries put him out. Know what I mean?


Well ignoring records, Fu is a better all round player, who's capable of matching Ronnie safety wise, yet can still score heavily enough to be a threat.

Ronnie can run rings around Shaun tactically, plus Murphy goes for a lot, and when one inevitably doesn't go in, it leaves the balls there for Ronnie.

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Saturday April 26th) Last 16

Postby Snooker Overdrive

randam05 WC wrote:The end there was the best thing I've ever seen!! I am so happy! This shots were unbelievable if it was ronnie they'd be raving. What an entertainer crowd got well into it aswell dom loved every minute of that


But they were raving <laugh>

I can't believe how well Dom is playing so far, he only dropped 6 frames so far!

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Saturday April 26th) Last 16

Postby Cannonball

randam05 WC wrote:The end there was the best thing I've ever seen!! I am so happy! This shots were unbelievable if it was ronnie they'd be raving. What an entertainer crowd got well into it aswell dom loved every minute of that


Lot of folk saying Dom will be out next round. I don't see it that way. No-one predicted Hawkins to be a finalist and no-one predicted Carter either. So if Doms in good nick, he could go a good run IMO.

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Saturday April 26th) Last 16

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Just seen Alan's route to the quarters and it's a real blast from the past.

Paul Davison, Peter Lines, Mark Williams, John Higgins and now Ken Doherty.

World Seniors Championship lol


   

cron