Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Sunday April 27th) Last 16 !

Postby Roland

Just watched the Ronnie 5 minutes 20 max again. It's not like he had any challenges along the way where any other professional wouldn't see the same shot as quickly as he does, but he's just timing the ball so well he retains good position throughout. And the age he was when he did it, he was always a fast player back then. Ding was a faster player a few years ago but the reason he's so good now is that he stops and thinks and comes up with some of the cleverest shots you can wish to see which not even Ronnie would see without stopping and thinking.

Postby Roland

Skullman wrote:Ding's not really that fast is he? He's more measured, I'd say.

Think closest of the current lot (Ronnie aside) would be Judd or Lisowski. Un-Nooh a bit too careless to keep perfect position for 36 shots.

Lisowski yes. He's capable and very fast around the table. Too fast for his own good a lot of the time.

Postby Skullman

And the thing it would have to be in somewhat meaningless match because I think you'd have to consciously go for it from the beginning to stand a chance, and you wouldn't go for a max, let alone a sub-320 second one in a big pressure situation.

Postby Roland

Yeah Ronnie was 8-5 up when he made his and obviously felt like he wasn't going to lose the match. He was going at 100 mph from the first ball. But then he's made 147s at crazy pressure times none more so that the UK semi against Selby at 8-8.

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:Here we go check this, it's ridiculous

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152088013018723

Yeah I had seen it before too, and the crazy thing is he's the one who's picking the balls out of the pockets.. he would have had an even faster time had he had other person to do that for him.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Sonny wrote:Here we go check this, it's ridiculous

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152088013018723

Yeah I had seen it before too, and the crazy thing is he's the one who's picking the balls out of the pockets.. he would have had an even faster time had he had other person to do that for him.

But I can't think of a single referee who would have picked the balls out of the pockets faster.

Postby Roland

It's the way he does a Mark Williams under the body shot on the 2nd to last red and that brown to blue to pink without even thinking. Obviously a quality player whoever he is and obviously trying to make a quick max as the story is explained.

Postby edwards2000

The point is this... a. No pressure. b. Has unlimited goes to achieve feat c. is aiming to do a fast break d. is not playing competitively in a world championship.

Again, it's impressive, but it simply doesn't rate compared to O'Sullivan's. Give O'Sullivan unlimited goes on his own table...

oh and e... smashes reds open.
Last edited by edwards2000 on 28 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Sonny wrote:It's the way he does a Mark Williams under the body shot on the 2nd to last red and that brown to blue to pink without even thinking. Obviously a quality player whoever he is and obviously trying to make a quick max as the story is explained.

Who is this guy anyway? And why isn't he trying to get on the tour?