Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Sunday April 27th) Last 16 !

Postby Skullman

edwards2000 wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I would love to see the winner of this match get to the final and play Ronnie. If Ronnie gets to the final that is, which I think he will.

Well it seems like all the people left who can stop him are in the other half.

:irk: Murphy, Fu and Hawkins are push overs because you want to call his draw weak.

Got it. :spot on:

More ROS too strong, as much as it pains me to say.

Postby Andre147

edwards2000 wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I would love to see the winner of this match get to the final and play Ronnie. If Ronnie gets to the final that is, which I think he will.

:irk: Murphy, Fu and Hawkins are push overs because you want to call his draw weak.

Have you seen Selby's draw?

rofl <ok>

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:Great match. Say about Allen what you want but I like watching him play.

Me too, I love watching him play, one of the best when in full flow.

I don't like his comments off table, but on the table yeah I agree with you.

Postby Wildey

edwards2000 wrote:
Skullman wrote:

so are you or are you not posting here :dizzy: :chin: :?

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
edwards2000 wrote:
Skullman wrote:

He only posts when it's things regarding Ronnie he doesn't like :john: :?

Postby Cannonball

edwards2000 wrote:
Skullman wrote:

:spot on:

Of all the top seeds in the last 16, Ronnie has had the hardest opponent in Perry. Allen could prove me wrong against Robbo, we shall see. So Ronnie has not had an easy draw, but others did say that before the tournament start. If smurph is climbing into gear then Ronnie can expect a tough match next round too. Selby has a pretty easy draw by comparison, until he perhaps meets Judd/Robbo.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Skullman wrote:8-5 now.

Murphy was 8-3 up on Judd in 2013 and lost 13-12. Murphy was also 8-4 up on Carter in 2010 and lost 13-12.

back when he smurph won the WC he came back from behind against stevens thought he was a good pressure player

but chokes too much. against mjw at the UK 2010 in semifinals led 8-5 but lost, and then carter and trump after leading 8-4 still lose is quite astonishing for a player of his calibre

Postby Cannonball

Wildey wrote:
edwards2000 wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Is that a serious question or rhetorical? Please let it be rhetorical. Nope, it's a serious question isn't it? rofl

Postby Andre147

Cannonball wrote:
edwards2000 wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Of all the top seeds in the last 16, Ronnie has had the hardest opponent in Perry. Allen could prove me wrong against Robbo, we shall see. So Ronnie has not had an easy draw, but others did say that before the tournament start. If smurph is climbing into gear then Ronnie can expect a tough match next round too. Selby has a pretty easy draw by comparison, until he perhaps meets Judd/Robbo.

By that logic then White was also a hard draw for Selby because he pushed him all the way.

Postby edwards2000

Wildey wrote:
edwards2000 wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Trying hard not to, but seem to keep seeing posts that beggar belief. You won't be seeing me here other than this tournament, that's for sure. In fact, I have been very weak by returning. I'll definitely have to address that. <ok> But like I said before, I don't frequent forums like I used to do anyway.
Last edited by edwards2000 on 27 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cannonball

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Cannonball wrote:
edwards2000 wrote:
Skullman wrote:

By that logic then White was also a hard draw for Selby because he pushed him all the way.

Did White play as well as Perry? If so, I stand corrected.

Postby Skullman

Andy Spark wrote:I think maybe Allen is drawing from memories of 2009 when he beat Ronnie in round 2, he was 4-4 there too and then 6-6 there too. He's well up for this. :-)

If it's like 2009, then he'll lose in the semis to the eventual winner :chin:

Works for me.

Postby Skullman

edwards2000 wrote:Trying hard not to, but seem to keep seeing posts that beggar belief. You won't be seeing me here other than this tournament, that's for sure. In fact, I have been very weak by returning. I'll definitely have to address that. <ok> But like I said before, I don't frequent forums like I used to do anyway.

In my defence, I was actually complimenting Ronnie as I think he'll be too good for Fu, Murphy and Hawkins. It clearly came across wrong.

Of course, you won't read this and continue to interpret everything I say as anti-Ronnie :roll:

Postby Lucky

For bucks sake seifer, grow up and move on. If you want to post, post. If not go elsewhere. It's not a soap opera it's a snooker forum which runs with....or without you. Drop the drama queen act and act like an adult.

Postby Andre147

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Cannonball wrote:
edwards2000 wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Did White play as well as Perry? If so, I stand corrected.[/quote]

He didnt youre right, but Selby still had to play well in that decider to win.

Postby edwards2000

Joe Perry was a whisker from beating Ronnie. Two sessions at 93% pot success, and it took all of Ronnie's ability to fend him off and produce his A game. Perry had him under it from the start. There seems to be this pattern around snooker forums, especially this one, that when Ronnie wins, he does so because the opponent just doesn't turn up. The reason Ronnie wins and it is easy, is because he MAKES IT LOOK EASY. Any time he doesn't produce that one extra shot, he is as vulnerable as any other player. It's testament to how good the man is that he can generally play better than any player in history. That's not his problem.

Murphy and Hawkins are well capable of beating him, and so is Fu (who has done so many times). Maybe give Ronnie some respect for a change. It doesn't hurt to do it, and it makes the forum a nicer place to be. Disliking Ronnie doesn't mean you can just throw logic out the window and disrespect his opponents as push overs or too easy.

No one gave Perry any respect, and in the end, he has been the toughest second round opponent of all. If Ronnie beats Murphy and Hawkins, he will have beaten a former world champion, a former world finalist, and 2 players that have won tournaments this season. Not a push over. Not close.

Postby Andy Spark

Skullman wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:I think maybe Allen is drawing from memories of 2009 when he beat Ronnie in round 2, he was 4-4 there too and then 6-6 there too. He's well up for this. :-)

If it's like 2009, then he'll lose in the semis to the eventual winner :chin:

Works for me.

I think that maybe taking comparisons a little too far... :chin: