Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Sunday April 27th) Last 16 !

Postby SnookerFan

Cannonball wrote:
pmsl Well I like Selby, whatever! Imagine a Selby fan congratulating the greatest player ever; he musta been to chapel this morning.

Liking Selby doesn't mean a player automaticall dislikes Ronnie.

Also, disliking either player doesn't mean you have to pretend they're rubbish or can't acknowledge they're playing well.

Postby Cannonball

SnookerFan wrote:
Cannonball wrote:
pmsl Well I like Selby, whatever! Imagine a Selby fan congratulating the greatest player ever; he musta been to chapel this morning.

Also, disliking either player doesn't mean you have to pretend they're rubbish or can't acknowledge they're playing well.

Disliking Ronnie is simply pathetic, no matter which player you root for. C'mon, what's to dislike about Ronnie? Lovely bloke and the greatest player ever. Every snooker fan should be a fan of him. Disliking Ronnie is antisnooker per se.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Is Robertson stuck on 98?

Well he is stuck on 98 because he only plays in the evening session <laugh>

He will get that 100 tons in this match, don't worry
Last edited by Andre147 on 27 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Cannonball wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Cannonball wrote:

Disliking Ronnie is simply pathetic, no matter which player you root for. C'mon, what's to dislike about Ronnie? Lovely bloke and the greatest player ever. Every snooker fan should be a fan of him. Disliking Ronnie is antisnooker per se.

There are reasons to dislike Ronnie, even me as a Ronnie fan have some things I don't like about him, but what no one can deny, fan of him or not, is the guy's ability and arguably the most natural gifted player ever to grace this game.

For instance I don't like Trump, but I don't question the kid's ability to play snooker.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 PGC wrote:There are reasons to dislike Ronnie, even me as a Ronnie fan have some things I don't like about him, but what no one can deny, fan of him or not, is the guy's ability and arguably the most natural gifted player ever to grace this game.

For instance I don't like Trump, but I don't question the kid's ability to play snooker.

Isn't Judd older than you?

Postby Jester82

Cannonball wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Cannonball wrote:

It's debatable, if he is the greatest player. Indeed, he is a mental case sometimes and lacks gentleman attitude and sportsmanship as to accept defeat, which makes it hard to really respect him.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:There are reasons to dislike Ronnie, even me as a Ronnie fan have some things I don't like about him, but what no one can deny, fan of him or not, is the guy's ability and arguably the most natural gifted player ever to grace this game.

Isn't Judd older than you?

He is <laugh> the kid was more meant at the fact I don't like him and some of the things he says are childish.
Last edited by Andre147 on 27 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Cannonball wrote:

Lovely bloke? What's to dislike?

He walked out of a match with Hendry because he wasn't winning.

He asked a female journalist to suck his sausage in a press conference.

He referred to the World Championship as dull and said snooker should be more like Power Snooker.

He routinely feigns injury or illness so he doesn't have to enter foreign tournaments, often pulling out of them last minutes.

He routinely gets in a bad mood during tournaments and claims to retire.

He's been known to sit with a towel on his head during matches.

He refused to pot the final black in a 147, due to some inane point that he wanted more prize money.

The only time I remembered Ronnie doing something likeable was when he looked after Ding in the Masters final.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 27 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Let off for Shaun. 4-4, barring snookers

Set up nicely, although 5-3 Marco would be a fairer reflection.

Of course, could still be 5-3 Marco :john:

5-3 to Allen would have also been a fairer reflection had Allen not had that piece of bad luck in the 7th frame

Postby Wildey

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Cannonball wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Cannonball wrote:

There are reasons to dislike Ronnie, even me as a Ronnie fan have some things I don't like about him, but what no one can deny, fan of him or not, is the guy's ability and arguably the most natural gifted player ever to grace this game.

My only criticism of Ronnie in the last 2 years is ive not seen him play that much.

ive been called a I am a twat because of that.. well if i want to see ronnie play then im 100% a hatah lol

Postby Wildey

Sunday 27th of April

10am

Shaun Murphy 4-4 Marco Fu
Mark Allen 4-4 Neil Robertson

2.30pm

Dominic Dale 7-1 Michael Wasley
Judd Trump 6-2 Ryan Day

7pm

Shaun Murphy 4-4 Marco Fu
Mark Allen 4-4 Neil Robertson

Postby Jester82

SnookerFan wrote:
Cannonball wrote:

He referred to the World Championship as dull and said snooker should be more like Power Snooker.

He routinely feigns injury or illness so he doesn't have to enter foreign tournaments, often pulling out of them last minutes.

He refused to pot the final black in a 147, due to some inane point that he wanted more prize money.

The only time I remembered Ronnie doing something likeable was when he looked after Ding in the Masters final.

This is basically the things, what I had in mind when referring to his behaviour. Sadly, these are the unsporting traits.

Postby SnookerFan

I've remembered a few more....

Making unfounded allegations against players of match-fixing on twitter.

Pretending to masturbate his cue in the semi-final last year, and constantly whinging that he wanted to go home.

Okay, I think that's a comprehensive enough answer to the question; "What's not to like?"

rofl

Postby Cannonball

SnookerFan wrote:
Cannonball wrote:

Most of your accusations aren't true and the rest was Ronnie just being a bit tongue in cheek jesting because he's a great entertainer.

Postby SnookerFan

Cannonball wrote:
Most of your accusations aren't true and the rest was Ronnie just being a bit tongue in cheek jesting because he's a great entertainer.

Like him if you want. I'm certainly not stopping you. We can all like or dislike whichever players that we want. That's what sport is.

The point is though, saying disliking Ronnie is pathetic isn't the case. A personality such as his will wind some people up.

I wasn't having a pop at you. You seem a nice guy. Just saying you shouldn't really claim people are pathetic for not liking the same players you do.

Postby Cannonball

SnookerFan wrote:I've remembered a few more....

Making unfounded allegations against players of match-fixing on twitter.

Pretending to masturbate his cue in the semi-final last year, and constantly whinging that he wanted to go home.

Okay, I think that's a comprehensive enough answer to the question; "What's not to like?"

rofl

Those are actually things to like! The match fixing, we all know it goes on. We only have to youtube match fixing to find out don't we? Ronnie has the inside track.

Postby SnookerFan

Cannonball wrote:

Those are actually things to like! The match fixing, we all know it goes on. We only have to youtube match fixing to find out don't we? Ronnie has the inside track.

Then why, when questioned, did he say he had no evidence for his claims? If he'd found somebody guilty, of it, I'd be the first to say well done to him. It turned out to just be Twitter waffle on his part.

Like I said, he's always going to be a marmite character. I'm not saying you shouldn't like him, just because I don't.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 27 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

This is supposed to be a discussion about today's matchesn not some of Ronnie's antics... Okay the discussion can deviate a bit, but it's all getting a bit silly now you all naming those things that Ronnie did in the past...

We all know the bad things he's done so there's no point arguing about that now.

He's still in the tournament and had a cracking match against Perry, and that's what matters <ok>