Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Monday April 28th) Last 16 !

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:I have had a terrible start to the night. In Sainsburys, I wanted to buy a bottle of wine for my mate for tomorrow. As they like cabernet sauvignon, I picked a bottle of nice stuff that was more than 25% off. (It meant to be £8, but cost less than 6.)

However, by mistake I picked up a bottle of merlot. (It was from the same vineyard, so had the same label and was next to it in the store.) I ended up paying the full £8.

They'd better appreciate it. :grrr:

The entire World Championship is ruined. :grrr:

Postby edwards2000

I can't see how Ronnie is possibly being called favourite after those 2 opening matches, compared to Robbos. The thing in Ronnie's favour is he will get better and better as the tournament goes on, and would certainly be favourite IN the final. But before the final, this year, he is vulnerable, and we've all seen it. Robbo is clearly the man to beat based on current form. The opening rounds are usually a good indication of where a player is at, and Ronnie seems to be a little rusty compared to Robertson who is stupidly confident and playing like a demon. And Murphy will be up for it. Fu is also no push over. I'd say Murphy/ Fu is a huge banana skin for Ronnie, and I will be hoping he can keep to the standard he showed in the final session of his last match.

Postby Andre147

But now let's just focus on the Final Last 16 matches.

Fu v Murphy: Murphy did well yesterday to gain a 9-5 lead but Fu reduced to 9-7, still I fully expect Murphy to win this match, Fu somehow doesnt seem to play his best against him and his head to head record isnt good at all. Can still be close, but Fu needs to start well.

Trump v Day: As I said earlier, if there's any chance for Ryan to win this match he has to start all guns blazzing, a bit like yesterday but he couldnt sustain that form in the 2nd session. Here he needs to start winning the first mini-session at least 3-1, he would be on 11-9 and from there try and win the match. But Day's a bottler too and can't handle pressure well, so even if he draws level Trump should come through.

Would be a bit of an anticlimax if Day got through <laugh> but he won't I'm sure.

Postby SnookerFan

edwards2000 wrote:I can't see how Ronnie is possibly being called favourite after those 2 opening matches, compared to Robbos. The thing in Ronnie's favour is he will get better and better as the tournament goes on, and would certainly be favourite IN the final. But before the final, this year, he is vulnerable, and we've all seen it. Robbo is clearly the man to beat based on current form. The opening rounds are usually a good indication of where a player is at, and Ronnie seems to be a little rusty compared to Robertson who is stupidly confident and playing like a demon. And Murphy will be up for it. Fu is also no push over. I'd say Murphy/ Fu is a huge banana skin for Ronnie, and I will be hoping he can keep to the standard he showed in the final session of his last match.

At the same time, Robbo won't sustain that form all tournament and Ronnie has got his bad match out of the way. He won't play that badly all week.

Murphy or Fu will be tougher, but Murphy always struggles with Ronnie. He'll beat Hawkins or Dale with ease.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I have had a terrible start to the night. In Sainsburys, I wanted to buy a bottle of wine for my mate for tomorrow. As they like cabernet sauvignon, I picked a bottle of nice stuff that was more than 25% off. (It meant to be £8, but cost less than 6.)

However, by mistake I picked up a bottle of merlot. (It was from the same vineyard, so had the same label and was next to it in the store.) I ended up paying the full £8.

You talking to yourself mate :lol: :gramp:

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerFan wrote:

Get him 10 Special Brews instead. When he has drunk them all he won't care about anything!

Postby Cloud Strife

Take it back. Did you keep the receipt?

Postby Cannonball

It's funny isn't it, how snooker goes in waves of generations.

Once Ronnie goes, we've got Ding who I cast as the Ronnie/Higgins of his generation, Trump as MJW, and Allen as Stephen Lee!

Postby Andre147

Cannonball wrote:It's funny isn't it, how snooker goes in waves of generations.

Once Ronnie goes, we've got Ding who I cast as the Ronnie/Higgins of his generation, Trump as MJW, and Allen as Stephen Lee!

Well if Allen goes Lee's route he'll get much fatter PLUS he'll get banned for 12 years <laugh>

Postby Cannonball

vodkadiet wrote:Maguire is getting more like Stephen Lee every time I see him.

Steven isn't that grumpy, though Hearn is doing his best to make it happen. They need to sort his appeal out, he's losing ranking points during all this! :chuckle:

Postby Witz78

Well that was an eventful trip and a half.

Yet another Thursday night ejection at the hands of SMM, a total joke though. My mate, Front Row Brian and his 75 year old dad were ejected too. Pathetic show of power from SMM.

And then Smart turned up on Friday. The :limp: one was in full flow with the Teapot pose on display at all times. To cap it off, he got ejected from the Reflex club on Friday night after borrowing a shirt from me that was a good few sizes too small for him to cover up his Liverpool top. He proceeded to take it off on the dancefloor and he was swiftly ejected.

Great crack with Mike Ganley a few nights in the Grad too. A top top guy and man of the people.

Postby Cannonball

Witz78 wrote:Well that was an eventful trip and a half.

Yet another Thursday night ejection at the hands of SMM, a total joke though. My mate, Front Row Brian and his 75 year old dad were ejected too. Pathetic show of power from SMM.

And then Smart turned up on Friday. The :limp: one was in full flow with the Teapot pose on display at all times. To cap it off, he got ejected from the Reflex club on Friday night after borrowing a shirt from me that was a good few sizes too small for him to cover up his Liverpool top. He proceeded to take it off on the dancefloor and he was swiftly ejected.

Great crack with Mike Ganley a few nights in the Grad too. A top top guy and man of the people.

SMM?

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:

Take it back. Did you keep the receipt?

I'll leave it.

At least there's double points on my nectar card.

Postby Cannonball

"the invitation will probably come, and I'll probably accept it". Good that, that you and Hearn can do what you like. Are you compensating the kid who doesn't get a card this year Stephen?" Grrrr

Same goes for Davis, career robbers.

Postby Cannonball

edwards2000 wrote:That Walker guy is cringing. No wonder Ronnie told him he didn't have a clue. It comes off as some sort of phony game show with him around.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Murph-Fu.

He looks like a witch. Thin is good but that's too far.