Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Monday April 28th) Last 16 !

Postby Vallomas

Skullman wrote:And Judd over the line, 13-7. Day was definitely poor, although Judd is definitely improving as the tournament progresses.

Judd played better than he did against Ford, but Ryan made a lot of ridiculous mistakes, especially in the last two sessions. I don't think that Trump can frighten Robertson, but let's see.

Postby Andre147

Vallomas wrote:
Skullman wrote:And Judd over the line, 13-7. Day was definitely poor, although Judd is definitely improving as the tournament progresses.

Judd played better than he did against Ford, but Ryan made a lot ridiculous mistakes, especially in the last two sessions. I don't think that Trump can frighten Robertson, but let's see.

Trump might not even reach double figures against Robbo.

Many thought Allen would and he didnt, and I expect the same for Trump.

Postby edwards2000

Alex0paul wrote:
Skullman wrote:Fu missing easy balls is doing him in much more than Shaun's luck.

It can be pretty soul destroying seeing your opponent get away with really bad shots 7 or 8 times. I've never seen Fu show the amount of emotion he has shown throughout this match. It's like the 2008 UK Final all over again.

I agree. It can knock your confidence and destroy your game. It has happened numerous times. Had Fu won that frame, who knows what would have happened. Instead, he's finished.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Vallomas wrote:

Judd played better than he did against Ford, but Ryan made a lot ridiculous mistakes, especially in the last two sessions. I don't think that Trump can frighten Robertson, but let's see.

Trump might not even reach double figures against Robbo.

Many thought Allen would and he didnt, and I expect the same for Trump.

I think there's a big difference for Robbo playing Trump or Allen. He more or less owns Allen, ok most of their matches have been close but in the end Neil won the vast majority of their matches. Trump on the other hand has beaten him 3 out of 3 in multiple session matches that will have some sort of affect on him.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I think there's a big difference for Robbo playing Trump or Allen. He more or less owns Allen, ok most of their matches have been close but in the end Neil won the vast majority of their matches. Trump on the other hand has beaten him 3 out of 3 in multiple session matches that will have some sort of affect on him.

H2H matter less for Robbo, imo. Mags owned him, and then from January 2009-Jan 2014 didn't beat him once.

Selby had never lost a real match to Robbo after their Masters final, but has lost all their matches since.

Murphy hadn't beaten him from 2010 to the PTC Grands this year (and Neil was ill)

Postby Cannonball

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cannonball wrote:Not sure what, but there is something I don't like about Murphy.

Well he's a bit of a smartarse, isn't he?

Yarp.