Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Monday April 28th) Last 16 !

Postby Cannonball

SavoMilosevic wrote:Yes, he sometimes needed 4 visits to win a frame. Ronnie won't give him more than 1 most of the time, so if he plays like that, I predict something like 13-8 or 13-7. Still, Murphy usually plays great at the Crucible in big matches, so there is a chance he steps up a gear tomorrow.

I have always found Murphy's cue action overrated btw. It is great for long pots and power shots, but it's difficult to play delicate shots with it, especially 1/4 ball pots. I tried it once when I was playing pool and the result was horrible.

Long backswing, very open handed, easier to lose cue control and for the cue to move off straight.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I'm looking forward to Ronnie playing Murphy. Despite both being top 8 players for a decade simultaneously now, they always seemed to avoid each other.

They met at the Worlds in 2011, or did you mean in general?

Yeah they played a couple of times over the years but it's strange there haven't been a lot more matches between these two.

Postby Cloud Strife

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I'm looking forward to Ronnie playing Murphy. Despite both being top 8 players for a decade simultaneously now, they always seemed to avoid each other.

They met at the Worlds in 2011, or did you mean in general?

Yeah they played a couple of times over the years but it's strange there haven't been a lot more matches between these two.

TBF, Ronnie hasn't played that much in recent years.

Postby PLtheRef

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:That wasn't the most exciting 2nd round ever

Agreed. Only 2 close matches and no decider.

12 years ago five of the eight second round matches were won with a session to spare.

In the QFs we had a decider
and the semis
not to mention the final

Postby Alex0paul

PLtheRef wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:That wasn't the most exciting 2nd round ever

Agreed. Only 2 close matches and no decider.

12 years ago five of the eight second round matches were won with a session to spare.

In the QFs we had a decider
and the semis
not to mention the final

That was the first time I went to the Crucible and the first time in history there was no monday evening session in round 2. I wasn't best pleased.