Topic locked

Dafabet World Championship (Monday April 28th) Last 16 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Saturday 19th of April~Monday 5th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

D Day Monday when the full Quarter Final line up is known.

Dominic Dale looks set to reach his first Crucible Quarter Final for 14 years as he holds a 12-4 lead over Michael Wasley. but the other 3 matches are still in the balance although Ryan Day needs a very good start against Judd Trump to overhaul a 10-6 deficit.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Monday 28th of April

1pm

**Dominic Dale 12-4 Michael Wasley Never Played Before
**Mark Allen 7-9 Neil Robertson Robertson leads 11-6

7pm

**Shaun Murphy 9-7 Marco Fu Murphy leads 10-6
**Judd Trump 10-6 Ryan Day Trump leads 3-2

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Monday April 28th) Last 16 !

Postby Cannonball

GJ wrote:Great match nice variety of scrappy frames and big breaks

Allen beat Ronnie from 7-9 so still a tough task for robbo.

Robbo has the cushion. As long as he doesn't push the boat out, and keeps Mark long on the ball with good safety, he should be ok I think. Allen has all the stats except long potting in this match and of course, frames. I'm not suggesting that Robbo shouldn't go for long pots, but he should only do so when they're 75%+ in his own mind.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:GJ, I have to say Robbo is playing extremely well again. He rediscovered his UK form again and that just at the right time.

And he really needs to because Allen is playing very near his A game.

More his Masters form than UK, Robbo was merely solid up until the semis in York IIRC.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:GJ, I have to say Robbo is playing extremely well again. He rediscovered his UK form again and that just at the right time.

And he really needs to because Allen is playing very near his A game.

More his Masters form than UK, Robbo was merely solid up until the semis in York IIRC.

Masters 2012 I assume.

Postby GJ

Muppet147 wrote:I hate to say it but Robertson is playing really well.

It could have been 8-8 because Allen is also playing some good stuff.

I think Robbo will come through about 13-10.

Your posts recently have been very respectful

Fair play sir

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:More his Masters form than UK, Robbo was merely solid up until the semis in York IIRC.

Masters 2012 I assume.

Or 2013 up until the final :shrug: Pedantry aside, he is playing well, and has opened up a game now. If Robbo is really on it, he could sense blood and get through more comfortably than we thought at 6-6.
Last edited by Skullman on 27 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cannonball

GJ wrote:Fair play to Allen if he does win , its been a high quality match from both.

Yeah, I've got a soft spot for Allen. What I can't stand is Taylor's slight bias towards him, I don't like to see that, minor point. Robbo v Selby would be a cracker I'd like to see though; two contrasting styles.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Cannonball wrote:
GJ wrote:Fair play to Allen if he does win , its been a high quality match from both.

Yeah, I've got a soft spot for Allen. What I can't stand is Taylor's slight bias towards him, I don't like to see that, minor point. Robbo v Selby would be a cracker I'd like to see though; two contrasting styles.

Trump v Robbo would also be a cracker. These 2 have a history.
Last edited by Snooker Overdrive on 27 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Cannonball wrote:

Their styles aren't contrasting at all, maybe Robbo sometimes goes for more long ones but thats because he usually gets them, that's the only difference between them. Their styles are pretty similar in fact.

Postby Cannonball

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cannonball wrote:

True, any of Robbo, Trump, Allen or Selby would be good. The bottom half of the draw is juicy. What do you mean by history; they're in love?

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cannonball wrote:

Would be about time Robbo beat him in a multi session match. Judd currently stands 3-1 up in majors, and Robbo's one, was a best of 11, while Judd's are best of 17+.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Cannonball wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cannonball wrote:

True, any of Robbo, Trump, Allen or Selby would be good. The bottom half of the draw is juicy. What do you mean by history; they're in love?

In 2011 Trump ended Robbo's reign as World Champion in the first round after winning the China Open (10-8). They later played in the UK semi which Judd also won 9-7. In the Masters Robbo got his revenge (6-3). They met again in the 2012 International Championship, Trump beat him in the final 10-8.

All cracking matches, one of the most exciting rivalries the game has to offer right now.

Postby Cannonball

AC or LT? wrote:What would people here prefer as the final?

My order of preference is O'Sullivan v Selby, O'Sullivan v Robertson and O'Sullivan v Trump.

Hopefully Selby can final get that illusive world title, heck knows he deserves it.

Tardis final: Alex Higgins v. Ronnie.
Just so that Ronnie could feel like the sane one in the room for a change. <laugh>