Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Monday April 28th) Last 16 !

Postby Wildey

Cannonball wrote:Apart from Ronnie's match, are the punters with 3rd session tickets getting any value?

i guess Ronnie struggling to put away a opponent was value

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
Sonny wrote:
Skullman wrote:Only facet of Shaun's game really working is his long potting.

What other facets does he have?

Touché

Shaun is a fighter aswell he never lacks confident and he will be up for playing Ronnie over 25 frames last time they played Ronnie won 13-10

Postby AC or LT?

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:I really like Murphy as a player and would love him to go through but I've got money on Fu to win the tournament.

#conflicted

Fu will never win the Worlds, you're money was gone the moment you placed that bet. You can root for Murphy without feeling conflicted.

Fu's gone out, that's 2 out of 3 of my outright picks to go out in one day. (Wasley and Fu). Which doesn't bode well for my other pick Robertson (I'll still get all my money back if he wins).

Postby Cannonball

Skullman wrote:
Cannonball wrote:Remind us again Skully, the last time Seeds 1 and 2 met each other in a final please?

1987 Johnson v Davis

Predictors of a Ronnie v. Robbo final take note. It's rare that the top two fire through. 27 years and counting!

Postby AC or LT?

Cannonball wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Cannonball wrote:Remind us again Skully, the last time Seeds 1 and 2 met each other in a final please?

1987 Johnson v Davis

Predictors of a Ronnie v. Robbo final take note. It's rare that the top two fire through. 27 years and counting!

Which means it's about flippin time it hapenned.

Postby Cannonball

AC or LT? wrote:
Cannonball wrote:
Skullman wrote:

1987 Johnson v Davis

Which means it's about flippin time it hapenned.

I'm sure the same people said that in 1988,1989.......................2011,2012, 2013...

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I'm looking forward to Ronnie playing Murphy. Despite both being top 8 players for a decade simultaneously now, they always seemed to avoid each other.

They met at the Worlds in 2011, or did you mean in general?

Postby SavoMilosevic

Yes, he sometimes needed 4 visits to win a frame. Ronnie won't give him more than 1 most of the time, so if he plays like that, I predict something like 13-8 or 13-7. Still, Murphy usually plays great at the Crucible in big matches, so there is a chance he steps up a gear tomorrow.

I have always found Murphy's cue action overrated btw. It is great for long pots and power shots, but it's difficult to play delicate shots with it, especially 1/4 ball pots. I tried it once when I was playing pool and the result was horrible.