Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Wed April 30th) Quarter Fina

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Robbo can mount a comeback no doubt. The problem is Trump has won the 3 previous multiple session matches against him, all of them close as well. But Neil still has a chance, especially if he can win the second session 5-3.

Even at 10-6 Judd I would give Robbo a chance.

But an 11-5 to Judd, sory GJ but if that happens there will be no last 16 2010 match repeat.

Postby Andre147

I agree with what you said earlier GJ, that miss on the yeallo by Robbo prevented him from being only 5-3 down...

Hopefully he'll start tomorro's 2nd session better, winning it 3-1 to start would be good and only be 7-5 down, that would get him right back in the match and he would gain confidence again.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wildey wrote:
GJ wrote:Alex

Do you think Neil has any hope?

Trump looks in good form

I Fancy Robbo to win

You also think being 9-7 up is better than 10-6 :john:

being 6-2 behind is even better

it focuses the mind

So you were happy Ronnie won the last frame as well against Murphy?

Ronnie is the Best front runner in the game by far and doesent look back over his shoulder however most if not all of the others Looks over their shoulders in front and i think that will be Trumps downfall tomorrow.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Hendry was asked after Ronnie's session whether Murphy still has a chance. He said no and argued that he can't remember the last time Ronnie lost a Crucible after having won the first session.

Well does anyone here know when that last happened?

Well I checked it and it was 2006 semi against Dotty, led 5-3 after the first session, 2nd session they were level at 8 all, but then as you know Dotty won all 8 frames to lead 16-8, Ronnie having changed tips in that session about 20 times <laugh> , Dotty won the match 17-11.

In 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2011 he was always level at 4 all 1st session against Higgins, Allen, Selby and Higgins again, respectively.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Hendry was asked after Ronnie's session whether Murphy still has a chance. He said no and argued that he can't remember the last time Ronnie lost a Crucible after having won the first session.

Well I checked it and it was 2006 semi against Dotty, led 5-3 after the first session, 2nd session they were level at 8 all, but then as you know Dotty won all 8 frames to lead 16-8, Ronnie having changed tips in that session about 20 times <laugh> , Dotty won the match 17-11.

In 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2011 he was always level at 4 all 1st session against Higgins, Allen, Selby and Higgins again, respectively.

That's correct. I also looked it up in the meantime. <laugh>

The follow-up question is now:
When was the last time Ronnie lost a Crucible match after having won the first session 6-2 or better?

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

That's correct. I also looked it up in the meantime. <laugh>

The follow-up question is now:
When was the last time Ronnie lost a Crucible match after having won the first session 6-2 or better?

SO you afraid Ronnie is going to lose this match? :redneck:

Postby Andre147

I too am a bit of a statman so nice to know as well. <ok>

Ronnie won't lose it I'm almost sure, for Murphy to stand a chance he needs to win the 2nd session 5-3 and be only 9-7 behind... anything worse Ronnie will win with no problems.

Anyway, tomorrow I have to leave home early so will miss the start of the match but by 11 a.m I'm surely back home, so will only miss about an hour's play.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wildey wrote:
GJ wrote:Alex

Do you think Neil has any hope?

Trump looks in good form

I Fancy Robbo to win

You also think being 9-7 up is better than 10-6 :john:

being 6-2 behind is even better

it focuses the mind

Super Smurph is going to win 13 - 6. :shock:

Postby rocketronnie147

Ronnie survived that scare vs Perry.....the only one that'll stop Ronnie is Ronnie, and his mentality and desire seem to be so good right now that I'm LOVING his chances!

Trump is also looking to be in great form.....I was even impressed by Selby, but I don't think he was ever under any real pressure vs McManus.....Hawkins is quietly going about his business and he is the defending finalist.....I wouldn't count him out. All in all, it's shaping up to be one heck of a world championships!!