Topic locked

Re: World Championship S F 1 : Ronnie O'Sullivan v Barry Haw

Postby Blavdes

NNear wrote:Brutal scoreline. Was forced to miss so much of this. Short summary of match?

The naysayers will say Barry missed tons of chances, in reality he's missed some chances and so has Ron, but as usual over the past couple of years especially this season Ron has made nearly all the big pressure pots/breaks and that's why he's winning by a distance. It's not been an A game performance overall, but a few A game clearances and never lost his head and will have to tighten up his safety a little bit on the final but everything from a Ron perspective is looking fantastic right now.

Postby Skullman

NNear wrote:Thanks. Specifically how has this session gone, Hawkins just hasn't been up to the task and out of gas?

2-2 before the MSI about fair. Both had chances to take it 3-1. Ronnie stepped after and Hawkins started missing, no idea why. Could be out of gas or just nervous.

Postby Blavdes

Well I certainly expected Barry to put up a much tougher test, but we seem to say this time and time again and it's not a coincidence that Ronnie smashes opponents he just does the business. And what a pleasure it is to watch this Ronnie O'Sullivan in action. Three World finals in succession, it's what we always dreamed of really get the buck in! :D :D :D

Postby NNear

Skullman wrote:
NNear wrote:Thanks. Specifically how has this session gone, Hawkins just hasn't been up to the task and out of gas?

2-2 before the MSI about fair. Both had chances to take it 3-1. Ronnie stepped after and Hawkins started missing, no idea why. Could be out of gas or just nervous.

Thanks for the succinct responses.

Ronnie will be very fresh and ready for the final it seems. He should have it in the tank to fight all the way for a third title in a row. From what I've seen though, he looks beatable. Barry really messed up in the very first session of the semi-final and could never quite cling on to Ronnie's coattails thereafter.

Postby Alex0paul

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Still don't fancy him winning it

rofl

Wouldn't expect you to say otherwise :wave:

Whenever he has won it I've always expected him to. For some reason I'm just not feeling it this year. Every world champion loses a final at some point.

Postby Cannonball

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie's 6th World Final!!!

I remember the days Ronnie only made a World Final every 4 or 5th years! Now 3 in a row is just unbelievable!

It is for a 38 year, whose prime years were 20, yes 20 years ago.