Topic locked

Re: World Championship S F 2 : Mark Selby v Neil Robertson

Postby NNear

Cannonball wrote:Australians aren't sports, that's a fact. They simply can't help themselves, winning is everything to them. That's disgraceful. Tabb needs to have a word with the ref. That's weak.

They're people.

Postby edwards2000

Sickpotter wrote:
edwards2000 wrote:
Sickpotter wrote:
Cannonball wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:I am loving this battle. This will go to the wire

It will go to midnight, that's for sure. How slow are they? Pensioners play faster than this at my club. Jesus, Ronnie knocked a maxi in 6mins flat. Ridiculous slow play. C'mon ref, have a word.

:roll:

What a ridiculous standard to hold all players to, the fastest maximum ever <doh>

Actually, as an example of the highest ability, that break ranks at the top. If you were going to show someone the ultimate standard that has been achieved in a single frame, that would be the benchmark. At least it would be in terms of break-building prowess, genius and ability. It is a single frame though, and match wise, there are a few candidates.

Certainly it's an example of the highest ability if not THE example but I wouldn't watch snooker with the expectation that all players will play to that level, that's just setting yourself up for disappointment virtually every match....even Ronnie's.

Well, I agree. But that standard is very hard to attain, and you still need the odd canon to go right. Snooker would be boring if it was all one type, and one domination. I enjoy a good safety battle too, but not negative roll ups. That bores me to tears as well. Anyway, seeing something like that is special and happens so rarely.

Postby Cannonball

masterdoctorgenius wrote:HAHAHAHAHA

Dennis is mentioning Cliff Thorbourn. AGAIN

Wasnt he also mentioning him in last years final that Cliff arrived via Jet???

Yeah, usually he arrives on the slowest boat from Canada. Taylor is so behind the times. No doubt, Cliff will be doing some Legends. Yawn. "£10, can someone please give me £10 for this lovely fake cue, it's all for a good cause" rofl

Postby NNear

The whole episode that just went on was slightly strange, but I think Neil just wanted the correct decision to be made. After more thorough investigation, the ref decided that Neil Robertson had a point and that he was correct in that it was not a free ball. When the ref stated that is was a free ball ''in his opinion'' he was inviting critique and was unsure of his judgement. For the situation to have not occurred, the referee needed to adequately deem in an authoritative manner that it is or is not a free ball. We should send the ref to Wildey for some training.

Postby Cannonball

SnookerFan wrote:How much beer did I have? I just glanced at the screen, and was surprised that Robbo was 2-1 up. I thought Selby was 2-1 up.

I'm either not watching close enough, or am more snake hissed than I thought I was.

Or both.

Time slips in matches like these....

Postby SnookerFan

Cannonball wrote:
Yeah, usually he arrives on the slowest boat from Canada. Taylor is so behind the times. No doubt, Cliff will be doing some Legends. Yawn. "£10, can someone please give me £10 for this lovely fake cue, it's all for a good cause" rofl;

That's surprisingly accurate.

Postby edwards2000

SnookerFan wrote:How much beer did I have? I just glanced at the screen, and was surprised that Robbo was 2-1 up. I thought Selby was 2-1 up.

I'm either not watching close enough, or am more snake hissed than I thought I was.

Or both.

You'll sober up long before these two have done. :dizzy:

Postby Andre147

Wonderful match so far, we've had everything in that first half, frame winning break in the 1st frame, a steal on the black in the 2nd, battle on the colours and snookers got in the 3rd, and in the 4th that wonderful ton from Selby :hatoff:

If it carries on like that it has all the makings of being an absolute classic match. :hatoff:
Last edited by Andre147 on 01 May 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby NNear

Andre147 PGC wrote:Wonderful match so far, we've had everything in that first half, frame winning break in the 1st frame, a steal on the black in the 2nd, battle on the colours and snookers got in the 3rd, and in the 4th that wonderful ton from Selby :hatoff:

If it carries on like that it has all the makings of being an absolute classic match. :hatoff:

Nicely summarised.