Topic locked

Re: World Championship S F 2 : Mark Selby v Neil Robertson

Postby mantorok

edwards2000 wrote:
mantorok wrote:
edwards2000 wrote:Haha, keep it coming Selby! I want the winner of this nice and worn out!

What, so we can put up with all the excuses about them being worn out when Ronnie beats them?

You know they are gonna come up with some bull no matter what, so I'll take the win the easiest way. :hatoff:

This is a DREAM start for me as a Ronnie fan. Selby not disappointing.

Personally I would rather Ronnie was challenged so we can see him up it a few gears, because so far the only challenge he's had is trying to refrain from yawning.

Postby Sickpotter

Cannonball wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:I am loving this battle. This will go to the wire

It will go to midnight, that's for sure. How slow are they? Pensioners play faster than this at my club. Jesus, Ronnie knocked a maxi in 6mins flat. Ridiculous slow play. C'mon ref, have a word.

:roll:

What a ridiculous standard to hold all players to, the fastest maximum ever <doh>

Postby edwards2000

Sickpotter wrote:
Cannonball wrote:

It will go to midnight, that's for sure. How slow are they? Pensioners play faster than this at my club. Jesus, Ronnie knocked a maxi in 6mins flat. Ridiculous slow play. C'mon ref, have a word.

What a ridiculous standard to hold all players to, the fastest maximum ever <doh>

Actually, as an example of the highest ability, that break ranks at the top. If you were going to show someone the ultimate standard that has been achieved in a single frame, that would be the benchmark. At least it would be in terms of break-building prowess, genius and ability. It is a single frame though, and match wise, there are a few candidates.

Postby SnookerFan

Blavdes wrote:For anyone who's watching on ES and doesn't have the pleasure of listening to the great Dennis Taylor, he just implied Robertson could be chewing on his tongue to aid concentration. Just thought I'd fill you in.

Dennis "I can't remember anybody who played in The Crucible final who had a surname beginning with T" Taylor.

Postby Sickpotter

edwards2000 wrote:
Sickpotter wrote:
Cannonball wrote:

Actually, as an example of the highest ability, that break ranks at the top. If you were going to show someone the ultimate standard that has been achieved in a single frame, that would be the benchmark. At least it would be in terms of break-building prowess, genius and ability. It is a single frame though, and match wise, there are a few candidates.

Certainly it's an example of the highest ability if not THE example but I wouldn't watch snooker with the expectation that all players will play to that level, that's just setting yourself up for disappointment virtually every match....even Ronnie's.

Postby Cannonball

SnookerFan wrote:Dennis Taylor. <doh>

What's the Tony Drago frame got to do with anything?

Plenty, he's making a tongue in cheek reference to time wasting.

Postby NNear

mantorok wrote:
NNear wrote:Is this real life?

lol

Can you imagine how long this match will be if it goes the distance? They're both not giving the slightest inch and are willing to grind away at maximum intensity for as long as it may take.

Postby Cannonball

Australians aren't sports, that's a fact. They simply can't help themselves, winning is everything to them. That's disgraceful. Tabb needs to have a word with the ref. That's weak.

Postby luckbox

SnookerFan wrote:
luckbox wrote:Poor from Robbo. Ref made the call. Move on

Even poorer from the ref, letting the player bully him into a change of decision.

Yep. Now the players know this Ref is open to some bullying. Let himself and his profession down there.

Postby Andre147

Olivier Marteel is a good ref though, and I personally think it wasnt free ball too.

Ok he should have said so at first but he has the right to make a mistak and it was a difficult decision there.

Robbo didnt try to influence him I think.