Post a reply

Re: Rotterdam Open (European Tour 2) Disscusion !!

Postby SnookerFan

Yes.

I'd love to see Williams win a major again. His confidence must be shattered after all his final losses. Hopefully a win here over a name such as Selby would be a good starting point.

Obviously, a best of seven means little. But confidence comes through winning tournaments. Big and small.

Postby hendry_fan

What a safety mistake from Selby in the decider,you won,t see him make a mistake like that very often,he had a great,easy chance to lay a snooker behind the black but blew it,which then gave Williams a red to the middle bag in which he made a 67 from it.

Well done Willams. :clap:

Postby Andre147

Very well done to Williams on winning this title.

Very happy for him :D , hopefully this will give him some confidence ahead of the major rankers, and I so so missed watching Williams play like this, his absolute best, he's wonderful to watch in this form. :hatoff: :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

Jewell wrote:Good stuff from Williams.

He can definitely win a big tournament again... as long he doesn't have to play Ronnie at any point.

Yeah that certainly is true in William's case, but on the reverse side Ronnie too will have the toughest of tests if he faces Higgins in the Major tournaments (assuming Ronnie will enter the UK, Masters, Worlds and a couple more maybe) cause John has almost won every encounter with Ronnie since probably 2005, only in 2009 Shanghai semi Higgins didnt win, so suffice to say Higgins at the moment is what Ronnie presents when he faces Williams.

Postby Andre147

And I actually think the less formal dress code in this event definately helped Williams the most in winning it cause he's such a laidback charater that he was bond to benefit from this tournament.

As for him winning a big tourney like the UK.. well he will have to be consistent all the way through, something which has been missing in recent times. I for one think his best chance of winning another ranker will come from an overseas tournament where he usually performs very well, possibly the next Shanghai Masters.

Postby Casey

The laid back dress code came off well, I don't see anything wrong with dark coloured 'polo' shirts!

As for Williams, I was pleased for him. Is this a step to one last push for glory?

Postby SnookerFan

Jewell wrote:
Snookerfan wrote:And then Mark Selby didn't get paid at all. rofl

Why did Selby not get paid?

He did.

I posted that during the presentation ceremony. They handed him the runners up enveleope, but forgot to put the cheque in. Selby was joking around, pretending like he hadn't got paid.

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:
Jewell wrote:
Snookerfan wrote:And then Mark Selby didn't get paid at all. rofl

Why did Selby not get paid?

He did.

I posted that during the presentation ceremony. They handed him the runners up enveleope, but forgot to put the cheque in. Selby was joking around, pretending like he hadn't got paid.

That is hilarious. No wonder they call him the Jester...