Post a reply

Re: Dongguan Open (Asian Tour 4) Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Saturday 8th of March

2am

Semi Finals
Liang Wenbo v Yu De Lu
Cai Jianzhong v Stuart Bingham

7am

Final
Liang Wenbo/Yu De Lu v Cai Jianzhong/Stuart Bingham

Postby roy142857

Liáng Wénbó beat Yú Délù 4-2 - really good to see the improved self-confidence of Liáng Wénbó

Stuart Bingham beat Cài Jiànzhōng 4-2, yet another of the Chinese players falling just short of the points they need to get on the Pro Tour, at least in this case Cài Jiànzhōng got beaten by a player ranked (way) above him, won't suffer from thinking it's a match he should have won.

Good to have the two clear best players in the tournament as the finalists, lets hope it's a good one.

Whoever wins will move into the top 8 seeds for the PTC finals at the expense of Dīng Jùnhuī, Bingham has already done enough to move Neil Robertson out of the top 16 seeds.

Three of the four players gaining or re-gaining Tour cards through the Asian Order of Merit will be Jū Rètí, Lǚ Chēnwĕi and Liú Chuǎng (see my earlier comments re my uncertainty as to whether Rouzi Maimaiti gets the 4th place).

The eight players gaining a PTC finals spot are Liáng Wénbó, Jū Rètí, Joe Perry, Lǚ Hàotiān, Mark Selby, Stuart Bingham, Michael Holt and Scott Donaldson. Assuming Selby and Bingham are treated by World Snooker as having qualified via the European Tour, the next two players should gain a PTC finals place - one is Yú Délù, but I don't know what the tie-breaker will be between Alan McManus and Xiāo Guódòng, who are equal on points (anyone know?)

Postby roy142857

Congratulations to Stuart Bingham :win:

Story of the match was Liáng Wénbó getting in, managing a short break then Bingham getting in and running up enough points to take the frame. Better positional play by Liáng Wénbó and could have been a different story.

Postby Wildey

Saturday 8th of March

2am

Semi Finals
Liang Wenbo 4-2 Yu De Lu
Cai Jianzhong 2-4 Stuart Bingham

7am

Final
Liang Wenbo 1-4 Stuart Bingham

Postby roy142857

roy142857 wrote:
The eight players gaining a PTC finals spot are Liáng Wénbó, Jū Rètí, Joe Perry, Lǚ Hàotiān, Mark Selby, Stuart Bingham, Michael Holt and Scott Donaldson. Assuming Selby and Bingham are treated by World Snooker as having qualified via the European Tour, the next two players should gain a PTC finals place - one is Yú Délù, but I don't know what the tie-breaker will be between Alan McManus and Xiāo Guódòng, who are equal on points (anyone know?)

Appears I'm wrong on that ... to quote Matt From prosnookerblog.com -

"In Bingham’s case, due to him finishing higher on the Asian list (third as opposed to 17th), he takes his spot from that list and the extra place on the European Order of Merit goes to 25th placed Barry Hawkins.

Conversely, Mark Selby finished higher on the European list, which means that his spot from the Asian Order of Merit will go to ninth placed Yu Delu."

Good thing Matt knows what he's talking about, I'd have struggled to explain that!