Post a reply

Re: Championship League Discussion !!

Postby edwards2000

boris_the_butcher wrote:I have no respect or this event at all. Played in practice like conditions and yet players using it to achieve century break records. And to think the premier league was mocked for years.

Totally agreed. The Premier League was a real event. It had a proper audience, proper money, proper coverage. This THING is a joke. They need to make it into a proper shot clock event, or just get rid of it.

Postby Andre147

boris_the_butcher wrote:I have no respect or this event at all. Played in practice like conditions and yet players using it to achieve century break records. And to think the premier league was mocked for years.

Absolutely, this tourney should have long been excluded from the calendar. Once it made sense when there were only about 6 tourney oer season, but now with all the events going it's like you say, just paid practice, nothing else.

That money should be distributed to increase toher big events prize money.

And yeah I agree Robbo with just the CL has made 22 tons! He's now on 88 for the season, but if it hadn't been for CL he would be on 66 and perhaps wouldn't reach that 100 mark, as it now appears that is inevitable with just 12 to reach it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticising Robbo's scoring this season, but it is a travesty this event is still going and like you say it does help a lot to increase tons stats.

Postby Andre147

And I sometimes watch the matches here because... well because I'm a die hard snooker fan and like to watch good snooker when it's on, but if this event was scrapped I certainly wouldn't miss it.

Postby Wildey

the utter bullocks of this event doesn't make the rubbish of shot clocks any better.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Looks like Judd takes it with another ton and qualified for the CoC.

Was doing a bit of maths earlier in the match and figured out that Judd's made from the CL than he did getting to the German Masters final (£30,800 to £29,167).

God money is thrown at this event

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:the utter bullocks of this event doesn't make the rubbish of shot clocks any better.

I'd agree with this eloquent statement.

What have shot clocks got to do with anything? This event is pointlessness of the highest order. Even if they were added to this tournament, it would still be pointlessness of the highest order.

The fact that this tournament is, as Wild said, utter bullocks doesn't have anything to do with any other tournaments. Shot clock or otherwise.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:God money is thrown at this event

Kind of disagrees with the point that the prestige of an event is entirely based on the prize money on offer, doesn't it?

Postby Wildey

Best part of £150,000 has been payed out on this tournament this season and in it 7 year history over a million pounds has been splashed out on players.