Tony Drago v Qualifier 1
Steve Davis v Dennis Taylor
Joe Johnson v Stephen Hendry
Alain robideux v Tony Chappell
Ciff thorbburn v Qualifier 2
Doug Mountjoy v Jimmy White

Re: Snooker Seniors Draw Announced

Postby SnookerFan

I must confess that, though I'm not a big fan of shot clock snooker, I really enjoyed my day in Portsmouth watching the seniors last year. It's not a partiuclarly convenient weekend for me this year, but may try and sneak up and watch some. :spot on:

Postby Wildey

oldest Doug Mountjoy at 71 and youngest Stephen Hendry at 44

Postby simplysnooker

Enjoyable weekend of snooker, didn't expect Hendry to enter so soon so expect him to clear up. Davis vs. Taylor will be fun to see how many references to the 85 Final there are

Postby SnookerFan

simplysnooker wrote:Enjoyable weekend of snooker, didn't expect Hendry to enter so soon so expect him to clear up. Davis vs. Taylor will be fun to see how many references to the 85 Final there are

Well, they mention it often enough when they are commentating with each other, so I expect them to mention it every five seconds. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a somewhat rigged draw, just for that reason alone.

Mountbatten is a decent enough venue if you don't mind the fact it's in a big swimming baths, and Portsmouth is nice. (If not somewhat cold in October.) Good pubs up there too.

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:
Wildey wrote:oldest Doug Mountjoy at 71 and youngest Stephen Hendry at 44

Hendry will be looking to avenge his UK final battering at the hands of old man Doug.

did that in 1989

Postby SnookerFan

Jewell wrote:Hendry should feel right at home in this tournament, afterall most of these guys in the draw are the same ones he was beating up on during his heyday in the 90s.

This'll probably be your favourite tournament of the season. It'll give you a reason to talk about Hendry. :spot on:

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Jewell wrote:Hendry should feel right at home in this tournament, afterall most of these guys in the draw are the same ones he was beating up on during his heyday in the 90s.

This'll probably be your favourite tournament of the season. It'll give you a reason to talk about Hendry. :spot on:

<laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:worst tourney of the season, one to avoid <ok>

I don't think we're supposed to take events like this seriously. It's just a glorified Snooker Legends event. A few beers and banter with the players is the order of the day. :spot on:

The tip-off that this isn't a serious event is that it's presented by Andy Goldstein.

Postby Smart

I resent the fact that people enjoy these. I resent the fact that it attracts any media attention let alone TV coverage. I resent the fact that somebody deems it necessary to put this event on. I resent the corny bullocks gags or jokes or tales of yesteryear. I resent everything about SENIORS SNOOKER, and would rather chop several fingers off my right hand with a kitchen knife and then pour vinegar into the wound. :wave:

Postby gallantrabbit

Smart wrote:I resent the fact that people enjoy these. I resent the fact that it attracts any media attention let alone TV coverage. I resent the fact that somebody deems it necessary to put this event on. I resent the corny bullocks gags or jokes or tales of yesteryear. I resent everything about SENIORS SNOOKER, and would rather chop several fingers off my right hand with a kitchen knife and then pour vinegar into the wound. :wave:

Now that'd make decent TV...Just take it for what it is. As long as Peter Friigin Fransisco doesn't get in and London John does it'll be good. A few senior guys making a few quid. Nowt wrong with that.

Postby Smart

gallantrabbit wrote:
Smart wrote:I resent the fact that people enjoy these. I resent the fact that it attracts any media attention let alone TV coverage. I resent the fact that somebody deems it necessary to put this event on. I resent the corny bullocks gags or jokes or tales of yesteryear. I resent everything about SENIORS SNOOKER, and would rather chop several fingers off my right hand with a kitchen knife and then pour vinegar into the wound. :wave:

Now that'd make decent TV...Just take it for what it is. As long as Peter Friigin Fransisco doesn't get in and London John does it'll be good. A few senior guys making a few quid. Nowt wrong with that.

:td:

Postby SnookerFan

You don't resent commenting on the thread about it though. <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

gallantrabbit wrote:

Is John entering this?

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:

Is John entering this?

he is busy filming THIS IS YOUR LIFE .......a special non-live broadcast about the life and times (and funny tales) of ex-snooker pro and wide boy and small time gangsta and cockney turned paddy JFTL...MBE rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Casey wrote:I thought you had to be 45 to play in the seniors?

They changed the rules so Hendry could enter.

I believe Jewell wrote in and specially requested Hendry be allowed to enter.