Post a reply

Re: SangSom 6-red World Championship 2-7 Sep

Postby Wildey

End of Day 1 summery

Group A

Gary Wilson tops the group having conceded just 1 frame in 2 matches from Dominic Dale in 2nd place also 2 with 2 wins out of 2 matches played

Cao Yupeng propping up the table having lost both his games winning just 2 frames.

Selected results
Dominic Dale 5-2 Cao Yupeng
Gary Wilson 5-0 Cao Yupeng
Dominic Dale 5-2 Mark Davis

Group B

Andrew Higginson leading the way in this group with 2 wins out of 2 including a 5-4 win over World no 2 Mark Selby.

Group C

Neil Robertson and Dechawat Poomjaeng joint leaders of this group with 2 wins out of 2 played.

Selected results
Dechawat Poomjaeng 5-1 Jimmy White
Neil Robertson 5-4 Darren Morgan
Dechawat Poomjaeng 5-4 Darren Morgan
Neil Robertson 5-1 Joe Perry

Group D

In the final match of the day Robert Milkins beats Judd Trump 5-4to lead the Group with 2 wins after 1 match played Judd Trump and Passakorn Suwannawat Bringing up the rear.

Selected results
Hossein Vafaei Ayouri 5-4 Passakorn Suwannawat
Robert Murphy 5-2 Hossein Vafaei Ayouri (Ayouri docked 1 frame for ariving late)
Robert Milkins 5-4 Judd Trump

Group E

A Quiet Group at the moment with 4 players on 1 point with the one surprise being Vinnie Calabrese beating Shaun Murphy 5-4

Group F

Stephen Maguire leading the way with two 5-4 Wins against Matthew Stevens and Ratchayothin Yotharuck.

Selected results
Matthew Stevens 5-1 Ken Doherty
Stephen Maguire 5-4 Matthew Stevens
Ken Doherty 5-4 Alex Borg

Group G

John Higgins, John Whitty and Stuart Bingham with 100% win record at the moment so all to play for tomorrow

Selected results
John Whitty 5-4 T Thirapongpaiboon
John Higgins 5-1 T Thirapongpaiboon

Group H

Courtesy of a 5-0 win over Ricky Walden Barry Hawkins is topping the group but Ricky managed to get himself up in to the qualifying spots with a 5-2 win over Muhammad Asif by close of play tonight.

Selected results
Steve Davis 5-1 Andrew Pagett
Barry Hawkins 5-0 Ricky Walden

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:This is dire.

Judging by some of the results this format is a complete lottery as to who wins.

yup it is

Postby Wildey

Results from this morning opening session

Group A- Cao Yupeng 5-4 Issara Kachaiwong

Group B- Kristjan Helgason 5-0 Ahmed Galal

Group C- Darren Morgan 2-5 Amir Sarkhosh

Group D- Robert Murphy 5-2 Passakorn Suwannawat

Group E- Vinnie Calabrese 5-4 Omar Al Kojah

Group F- Ken Doherty 5-2 Rotchayothin Yotharak

Group G- John Higgins 5-0 John Whitty

Group H- Steve Davis 1-5 James Wattana

Postby Wildey

Second Session Results

Group B- Adrian Ridley 2-5 Noppon Saengkham

Group C- Joe Perry 4-5 Dechawat Poomjaeng

Group D- Robert Milkins 5-3 Hossein Vafei Ayouri
-------------- Judd Trump 5-2 Laxman Rawat

Group E- Mark Williams 5-2 Robin Hull

Group F- Matthew Stevens 5-3 Alex Borg

Group G- Mohammad Rais Senzahi 5-3 Mohammad Al Joakar

Group H- Barry Hawkins 5-2 Muhammad Asif

Postby Wildey

sessions like these dont work with 6 reds the Robbo v White match was over in about 40 mins then there was 2 hours until the next tv match

Why not just do it roll on roll off so that viewers gets value.

Postby roy142857

Wildey wrote:sessions like these dont work with 6 reds the Robbo v White match was over in about 40 mins then there was 2 hours until the next tv match

Why not just do it roll on roll off so that viewers gets value.

Second that!

Postby Wildey

on the Final lap of the Group stages with Neil Robertson, Robert Milkins and John Higgins on 4 wins out of 4 and James Wattana, Stephen Maguire and Andrew Higginson on 3 wins out of 3 matches played leading the way in to the Last 32 Knock out stage.

so far only Omar Al Kojah from Group E is mathematically out of the tournament But Darren Morgan is struggling badly with 4 defeats out of 4 played and will need a miracle to still be involved at the end of day 3.

Postby Wildey

after first 2session of day 3 Adrian Ridley, Darren Morgan, Passakorn Suwannawat, Vinnie Calabrese and Muhammad Asif joins Omar Al Kojah out of the tournament.

the Qualifiers from Group E Have been decided Mark Williams, Robin Hull, Thepchaya Un-Nooh and Shaun Murphy.

Postby Wildey

Ayouri has played 4 matches and arrived late for 2 of them hes either very careless or the most stupidest player ever once in a tournament ok twice well that is a different matter.

Postby simplysnooker

SnookerFan wrote:
simplysnooker wrote:This tournament hasn't gained any interest so far from me

I haven't watched any yet, either. I might give it a go on Saturday.

Got nothing better to do myself, still have 3 weeks before I start Uni.

Postby roy142857

Noticed a couple of things in the group tables. Cao Yupeng's continued involvement depends on Chaouki Yousfi beating Issara Kachaiwong, otherwise Kachaiwong is through. Kristjan Helgason just through as long as Ahmed Galal doesn't beat Mark Selby and claim the place instead.

Postby SnookerFan

roy142857 wrote:Noticed a couple of things in the group tables. Cao Yupeng's continued involvement depends on Chaouki Yousfi beating Issara Kachaiwong, otherwise Kachaiwong is through. Kristjan Helgason just through as long as Ahmed Galal doesn't beat Mark Selby and claim the place instead.

Look at some of those names . <laugh>

Snooker really is becoming a global sport. :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Issara Kachaiwong has to beat group A whipping boy Chaouki Yousfi to go through and eliminate Cao Yupeng

Ahmed Galal has to beat Selby to get through to the knockout stage if he does Helgasson Misses out

In Group D Robert Murphy and Laxman Rawat goes through at the expense of 2 pros Hossein Vafaei Ayouri and Passakorn Suwannawat

Thanawat has to beat Mohamed Al-Joker and John Whitty will be eliminated

in Group H Hawkins, Walden or Pagett could lose out with Steve Davis and James Wattana safely through to the Knockout stages

Postby Wildey

Top seed in the Knockout stage will be John Higgins conceded only 7 Frames in 5 matches with Neil Robertson 2nd conceding only 8 frames.

Yes its a lottery but once again its clear to see the cream rises to the top.

Postby Roland

I haven't seen any but I've played it and from what I've played of it I know that a lot of frames come down to the last red which is close to pink unless you manage to move it when potting the other reds.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:I haven't seen any but I've played it and from what I've played of it I know that a lot of frames come down to the last red which is close to pink unless you manage to move it when potting the other reds.

It's never going to live up to the 15-red game, to be fair. I can only watch it in short bursts. It certainly wouldn't be something I'd sit down and watch all week. But maybe over a weekend, it can be worth watching the odd game.

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:
Sonny wrote:I haven't seen any but I've played it and from what I've played of it I know that a lot of frames come down to the last red which is close to pink unless you manage to move it when potting the other reds.

It's never going to live up to the 15-red game, to be fair. I can only watch it in short bursts. It certainly wouldn't be something I'd sit down and watch all week. But maybe over a weekend, it can be worth watching the odd game.

Yep,we actualy agree on sumthin for once SnookerFan. :-D

I watched a few matches of The first ever 6 reds World Championship which was in 2009,but i mainly watched it then purely out of curiosity,since then,i,ve hardly watched ,there,s nothing like proper 15 red snooker.

Postby SteveJJ

Maybe the proper world champion and whoever wins this six reds world championship should have a showdown over a ten reds match.

Don't worry I'm being facetious.

Maybe the lukewarm reception to this format is more to do with everyone still coming to terms with the removal of power snooker from the calendar!

Seriously though, I'd rather watch this for a week then an hour of power snooker.

Postby Dannyboy

What is the tiebreak rule? Both Mohammed Senhazi and John Whitty finished 3rd and 4th in their group with identical records. They've both qualified, but in which position?

Postby Wildey

after 3 days of Round Robin Matches 16 players are heading home the High profile losers are Cao Yupeng, Darren Morgan, Passakorn Suwannawat, Vinnie Calabrese, Thanawat Thirapongpaiboon and Barry Hawkins.

But the contest continues for another 3 days.

Last 32 Draw

John Higgins v Thepchaya Un-Nooh
Mark Davis v Dechawat Poomjaeng
Ken Doherty v Noppon Saengkham
Laxman Rawat v Ricky Walden
Mark J Williams v James Wattana
Jimmy White v Gary Wilson
Mark Selby v Stephen Maguire
John Whitty v Robert Milkins
Andrew Higginson v Joe Perry
Robert Murphy v Andrew Pagett
Stuart Bingham v Robin Hull