Post a reply

Re: 888.com World Seniors Championship.

Postby Wildey

Hendry wont lose sleep over it i wont and isnt bothered and any tit can win over 3 frames in fact a tit did lol

Postby Andy Spark

Well done Steve! He stretches his world record of career pro titles won. :-D Now Hendry is retired I suspect Davis to keep that record for a long long time as Hendry has no chance of catching him now!

...and when you consider that not even the long format UK Championship was a ranking title in Steve's youth the only reasonable conclusion is that over different eras "pro titles won" is the more meaningful stat when compared to the seemingly ubiquitous "ranking titles won" stat.

Postby Wildey

Andy Spark wrote:Well done Steve! He stretches his world record of career pro titles won. :-D Now Hendry is retired I suspect Davis to keep that record for a long long time as Hendry has no chance of catching him now!

...and when you consider that not even the long format UK Championship was a ranking title in Steve's youth the only reasonable conclusion is that over different eras "pro titles won" is the more meaningful stat when compared to the seemingly ubiquitous "ranking titles won" stat.

the only criteria that can be sustainable over the Careers of Davis, Hendry and todays players are UK, Masters and of course the World Title other tournament comes and goes for instance if Hendry had the Amount of Qualifying matches when he started in 1985 compared to Ronnie in 1992 and equally had Hendry had PTC to play in during the 90s how many centuries Hendry would be on now? my guess well past 1000.

World UK and Masters

Hendry 18 Wins 28 Finals
Davis 15 Wins 21 Finals
Ronnie 13 Wins 18 Finals
Higgins 9 Wins 14 Finals

you cant compare anything else especially not winning this rubbish thing

Postby Andy Spark

I agree that majors is an important stat, but it is always important to look at a group of stats! I would suggest that "pro titles won" fully deserves it's place alongside "majors won" and "world championships won", after all a player only spends a small portion of his career playing the majors.

While it's true that some pro titles like this world seniors are very low level it's also true that ranking tournaments quite regularly see a depleted field these days as the top players pick and choose.

Postby Wildey

Andy Spark wrote:I agree that majors is an important stat, but it is always important to look at a group of stats! I would suggest that "pro titles won" fully deserves it's place alongside "majors won" and "world championships won", after all a player only spends a small portion of his career playing the majors.

While it's true that some pro titles like this world seniors are very low level it's also true that ranking tournaments quite regularly see a depleted field these days as the top players pick and choose.

in Steve Davis Tally of tournaments won is Tournaments only open to Matchroom players and a few selected others by Barry Hearn and also 4 Pot Black Events over 1 frame matches.

also you or Ronnie cant have it both ways if Ronnie wants to sit out events thats fair enough BUT in no way it belittles a tournament win for any player its Modern Sports and its Tough tits if some are bottling them.