Post a reply

Re: 888.com World Seniors Championship.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Why is there a stupid shot clock in this event?

god knows

Postby Wildey

Steve Davis puts this event in to perspective while as always Andy Goldstein talking marmite lol

Postby Wildey

to answer Phil Yates

Willie Thorne played Tony Chappel once in the Mercantile Credit Classic 1991 Chappel won the Match 5-4 in a tournament that was won by Jimmy White he beat Stephen Hendry 10-4 in the final.

Postby Wildey

Eventually Davis beats chappel 2-1

Next on

King of the Crucible v The Whirlwind of London Town

Postby Wildey

there's no doubt about it his Standard of play is still top 32 standard despite not really competing But thats would never satisfy Hendry for the next 5 years without competing for Major Titles

Postby Wildey

So Steve Davis has Grinded himself in to the final where he will play either Nigel Bond or Stephen Hendry

Hendry and Davis have met each other 66 times over 26 years.

They first met back in 1987 with Davis winning 5 of their first 6 Matches.

Head to Head
Hendry 44 Wins
Davis 20 Wins
Draws 2

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Steve Davis Senior World Champion 2013 :-) :-) :-)

as he himself said a nothing tournament with a nothing title lol

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wildey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Steve Davis Senior World Champion 2013 :-) :-) :-)

as he himself said a nothing tournament with a nothing title lol

I think he changed his mind after lifting that trophy. He clearly enjoyed the occasion, his performance and the celebrations.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Not to take anything away from him, but this event doesn't mean rubbish.

without Using the Word rubbish Steve did say that himself

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Sonny wrote:Not to take anything away from him, but this event doesn't mean rubbish.

I know but what's your point? I enjoyed seeing Steve play well and win a trophy. It's the first title he won since 1997 and I can't see a reason why we all can't just be happy for him without constantly insisting that it was a pointless event.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

I know but what's your point? I enjoyed seeing Steve play well and win a trophy. It's the first title he won since 1997 and I can't see a reason why we all can't just be happy for him without constantly insisting that it was a pointless event.

well steve said it lol

Postby Witz78

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

id hardly worry about their apathy mate

Wilds just in the huff cos Hendry didn't win it and Sonny loathes anything with a shot clock so is always going to be negative towards it <ok>