Post a reply

Re: Championship League Discussion !!

Postby Andre147

Muppet147 wrote:
GJ wrote:86 tons

Think he'll get to 100 before the end of the season?

He will 100% sure, it's just a shame 22 of those tons have to be from CL :td:

As I said in a previous post, nothing against Robbo, but this tin pot tourney should have long been excluded from the calendar.

And therefore Robbo would be on 64 tons this season, and it's time to think: if it wasn't for CL, would he still reach 100 tons this season?

Postby GJ

Muppet

Yes he will imo

Andre

I hope he gets to 122 :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Semi finals for this group are Murphy v Day and Dale v Fu. Higgins is fifth and survives in the next group.

Selby and Robbo eliminated regardless of the result of their match. Looks like Robbo will have to make the rest of centuries in real events.

He's already made 86 so far and has broken the record for most centuries made in a single tournament (22 beating 17 in 2012 CL made by Selby), but Hendry's 16 in the 2002 Worlds is still the target to beat in terms of tournaments that matter.

average of 3 per ranker he will get to 100 easy probably closer to 110 by the end of the season

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:Muppet

Yes he will imo

Andre

He'll certainly get past 100, and I would guess about 110 to 120 for the season.

His scoring has been superb no one is questioning that, but there is no doubt that the CL helped him a lot to reach this number. If it wasn't for CL, I wouldn't be so certain he would reach 100, I think he would stay very close on 95 probably.

But this is just guesses, and what matters now is Robbo deserves credit for his efforts, with or without CL. :hatoff:

Postby Skullman

Image Image Image

Group 6 12th and 13th of February
Group 7 3rd and 4th of March
Winners Group 5th and 6th of March

Group 6 Players

Dominic Dale Joined in Group 5
Ryan Day Joined in Group 3
Marco Fu Joined in Group 5
Martin Gould Joined in Group 6
John Higgins Joined in group 5
Michael Holt Joined in group 6
Mark J Williams Joined in Group 6

DRAW

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 PGC wrote:
GJ wrote:Muppet

Yes he will imo

Andre

He'll certainly get past 100, and I would guess about 110 to 120 for the season.

His scoring has been superb no one is questioning that, but there is no doubt that the CL helped him a lot to reach this number. If it wasn't for CL, I wouldn't be so certain he would reach 100, I think he would stay very close on 95 probably.

But this is just guesses, and what matters now is Robbo deserves credit for his efforts, with or without CL. :hatoff:

I believe the expression is 'damning with faint praise'... Ronnie on Robbo's tons http://www.inside-snooker.com/snooker/w ... 5u32i88xzt

Postby edwards2000

I'm not sure why Ronnie seems so incapable of realizing the reason Robbo has the record is the sheer number of frames he has entered. As I've said before, the century counts at the Triple Crown are a far better gauge.

It's a good record, no doubt, but it has to be seen in context. I put Hendry's 16 centuries at the WC way above it, and Ronnie's 4 centuries + 147 in a best of 9 above it... among others.
Last edited by edwards2000 on 12 Feb 2014, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Wildey

Doesent matter all current players are in a good position to get 100 plus a season so what Hendry did or Ronnie did in a previous era is immaterial to today

Postby SnookerFan

edwards2000 wrote:I'm not sure why Ronnie seems so incapable of realizing the reason Robbo has the record is the sheer number of frames he has entered. As I've said before, the century counts at the Triple Crown are a far better gauge.

It's a good record, no doubt, but it has to be seen in context. I put Hendry's 16 centuries at the WC way above it, and 5 centuries + 147 in a best of 9 above it... among others.

It's all rather meaningless at the end of the day. It'll be a great achievement if Robbo scores a century of centuries, but if he doesn't, somebody else will eventually. The fact that there are so many more tournaments than there was just a few short years ago means players get a lot more opportunities to make them.

At the end of the day, it's about trophies won not centuries made. Robertson will be able to congratulate himself if he gets those 100 centuries. But we shouldn't make out like it's his finest achievement or anything.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
edwards2000 wrote:I'm not sure why Ronnie seems so incapable of realizing the reason Robbo has the record is the sheer number of frames he has entered. As I've said before, the century counts at the Triple Crown are a far better gauge.

It's a good record, no doubt, but it has to be seen in context. I put Hendry's 16 centuries at the WC way above it, and 5 centuries + 147 in a best of 9 above it... among others.

It's all rather meaningless at the end of the day. It'll be a great achievement if Robbo scores a century of centuries, but if he doesn't, somebody else will eventually. The fact that there are so many more tournaments than there was just a few short years ago means players get a lot more opportunities to make them.

At the end of the day, it's about trophies won not centuries made. Robertson will be able to congratulate himself if he gets those 100 centuries. But we shouldn't make out like it's his finest achievement or anything.

spot on.

there's far too much emphasis on centuries and 147s its a very irrelevant fact. A win in a PTC is a bigger achievement than a 147 or century at the crucible.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:

While he's busy congratulating himself, do you think he'd mind if I gave his mum a good old congratulation?

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
While he's busy congratulating himself, do you think he'd mind if I gave his mum a good old congratulation?

Far be it from me to speak for Neil Robertson, but if I was to guess I'd suggest he would mind.

Postby Skullman

He was probably already back to wherever he's staying before Robbo noticed. Anyway, anyone who parks in stupid places and blocks off another car deserves it.

Postby Skullman

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Far be it from me to speak for Neil Robertson, but if I was to guess I'd suggest he would mind.

I think Neil's dad would mind as well.

Postby Wildey

The private lives of players mothers or family is of no concern of this forum so quit this bullocks while your ahead.

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Skullman wrote:Just wanted to add this amusing story from Inside Snooker (the second one)

http://www.inside-snooker.com/snooker/2 ... ebruary-12

:lol: :lol: So Higgins took Robbo's car and parked it somwhere else because it was blocking his own? :lol:

ROBBO rofl :wave:

Haha that's great! Should have torched it too. At the very least straddled the seats!

Postby SnookerFan

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:
Haha that's great! Should have torched it too. At the very least straddled the seats!

That's what some might consider an overreaction. rofl

Postby Skullman

Semi finals are Gould v Day and MJW v Higgins. Holt will make it into the last group as fifth. Marco Fu and Dom Dale are eliminated, Dom not having won a single match.

PS Top three on the table all have five wins. Tough group.

Postby Andre147

Gouldy, the defending CL champ, wins in his first Group, in the final against Higgins 3-1. :hatoff:

From 1 nil down, played pretty flawless snooker. We have had some very strong performances in Group Finals this year haven't we... first Perry, then Trump, Mags and now Gouldy.

Wish he played like this more often, he's a joy to watch when on form. If he managed to bring this sort form to the rankers he could have won at least 1 by now or least be a regular in the latter stages of ranking events.

Postby Skullman

Semi Finals

Martin Gould 3-1 Ryan Day
John Higgins 3-0 Mark Williams

Final

Martin Gould 3-1 John Higgins

Funny how the results from the semis onwards were exactly the same as those match ups as the group stage, down to scoreline.