Post a reply

Indian Open Final Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 14th ~ Friday 18th of October at Le Meridien Hotel, Delhi, India

The Final Brings together China vs India in the form of Ding Junhui Winner of 7 Ranking Events and Aditya Mehta in his First Final on the Pro Tour.

Who will Win the Inaugural Indian Open?

DRAW

Final

Ding Junhui v Aditya Mehta H2H Ding Junhui leads 1-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Indian Open Final Discussion !!

Postby Andre147

If Ding wins this event he will become the first player since Ronnie to win back to back rankers in same season. Ronnie last did it in the 2002/2003 season, when he won the European Open v Hendry 9-6 and then the irish Masters in the decider 10-9 v Higgins.

But, having said that, I'd very much like Adi to win his home event.

Postby Skullman

Ding wins 5-0 with a second century. Too good at the moment. Two rankers in a row, bringing his total up to eight, as well as a final of the German PTC in between.

:bowdown:

Postby Andre147

Yes, as Skull rightly said, Ding just too damn good at the moment. :hatoff:

Can he possibly make it 3 in a row in the Internacional in China? Maybe asking a bit too much, but he now plays well there and seems to have got used to the pressure of playing in his home country, so you never know...

For now, brilliant performance from him. Playing the best snooker in the world by far, him and Robbo. :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Friday 18th of October

2.30pm

Ding Junhui 5-0 Aditya Mehta

Postby SnookerFan

Not seen any of this on stream, sadly. I would've got some taped if it had been on Eurosport.

For those who have been watching, how has it been as a tournament? The matches look too short to me. But as has been said, all tournaments need to start somewhere, especially in new markets.

Was it well attended? Did the Indians in attendance look to be enjoying it? Good atmosphere?

Let's hope this is on television next year, get a bit more interest in it.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Not seen any of this on stream, sadly. I would've got some taped if it had been on Eurosport.

well you missed a treat

Michaela making a speech during the presentation.

Postby roy142857

SnookerFan wrote:Not seen any of this on stream, sadly. I would've got some taped if it had been on Eurosport.

For those who have been watching, how has it been as a tournament? The matches look too short to me. But as has been said, all tournaments need to start somewhere, especially in new markets.

Was it well attended? Did the Indians in attendance look to be enjoying it? Good atmosphere?

Let's hope this is on television next year, get a bit more interest in it.

Saw a few matches, the local crowd seemed both very knowledgeable and enthusiastic. Short matches, but the atmosphere seemed really good to me. I think potentially this could grow and grow, be interesting to see if they carry out their plan to run it in a different city each year.

Postby Dannyboy

From the very little I've seen of this tournament, I agree with the above.

If World Snooker can crack India - that's potentially another billion people to tap into. Snooker then becomes one of the most popular sports in the world, if it isn't already.

Prize money would then go through the roof.

That said, the Indian public who have been brought up on T20 cricket; are they going to like a longer tournament?

Postby Wildey

in 4 Main Ranking tournament only one place has been filled by a British player or even a European Player in John Higgins while 5 Spots has been Filled by Asian players Ding Junhui (2), Marco Fu, Xiao Guodong and Aditya Mehta and the other 2 spots by Neil Robertson.

the changing face of Snooker has started in earnest?

Postby PLtheRef

Dannyboy wrote:From the very little I've seen of this tournament, I agree with the above.

If World Snooker can crack India - that's potentially another billion people to tap into. Snooker then becomes one of the most popular sports in the world, if it isn't already.

That said, the Indian public who have been brought up on T20 cricket; are they going to like a longer tournament?

As much as they like their T20 cricket. I don't think they'd mind the "50 over" version of snooker

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:

well you missed a treat

Michaela making a speech during the presentation.

Postby SnookerFan

Dannyboy wrote:From the very little I've seen of this tournament, I agree with the above.

We'll find out.

Hopefully it can grow into a tournament with decent sized matches. :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:

We'll find out.

Hopefully it can grow into a tournament with decent sized matches. :hatoff:

This is a Nation that has Embraced Billiards over the years with Geet Sethi and now Pankaj Advani 2 of the best players of all time so i cant see why Adding a few more Frames on to Matches will be a Big Issue for them.