Topic locked

Re: Indian Open Last 128 Discussion !!

Postby hendry_fan

Skullman wrote:Yotharuck falls over the line in the sixth, 4-2.

Good win for him, although I'm guessing Graeme (and Snooky) won't be happy.

Goodness me!,apart from his *103* thats probably the worst you,ll get from Graeme Dott,very poor stuff from him,he was,nt right for sure,maybe snooky can enlighten us on what was up with him!. :roll:

Yotharuck was awful as well,he got chance after chance but congrats on gettin over the line.

Postby hendry_fan

James Wattana 4-1 Ryan Clark

Ken Doherty 4-2 Luca Brecel

Well done James n Ken,two 90,s players way off there prime still manage to win matches theeeeese dayyyys. :happy:

So much for Brecel makin his breakthrough,he can,t even get past old fogey has been Ken!.
Hmmm,maybe Brecel has had a bit of a summer break too then. ;-) :-D

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:
Snooky said earlier that Graeme was playing well in practice, so it will be interesting to know what the reason was for this performance.

Graeme definitely didn't look happy with something. He seems to be one of those really highly-strung type of personalities, where everything has to be just right or otherwise he will play rubbish.

totally agree with that <ok>

Postby Wildey

Gerard Greene 4-3 Mitchell Travis
Ricky Walden 4-1 Alex Borg
Graeme Dott 2-4 Ratchayothin Yotharuck
Mike Dunn 4-0 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Andrew Higginson 4-0 Ross Muir
Jamie Burnett 4-2 Chris Norbury
Rory McLeod 0-4 Kyren Wilson
Shaun Murphy 3-3 Robbie Williams

Postby hendry_fan

Jewell wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
Skullman wrote:Yotharuck falls over the line in the sixth, 4-2.

Good win for him, although I'm guessing Graeme (and Snooky) won't be happy.

Goodness me!,apart from his *103* thats probably the worst you,ll get from Graeme Dott,very poor stuff from him,he was,nt right for sure,maybe snooky can enlighten us on what was up with him!. :roll:

Yotharuck was awful as well,he got chance after chance but congrats on gettin over the line.

Snooky said earlier that Graeme was playing well in practice, so it will be interesting to know what the reason was for this performance.

Graeme definitely didn't look happy with something. He seems to be one of those really highly-strung type of personalities, where everything has to be just right or otherwise he will play donkey doo.

Yep,like Wildey,i totaly agree with that too.

Graeme doesn,t half let things get to him,i,m all for it that he shows his emotions,but on many occasions like eg,tonight,it,s for sure not doin him any favours!. :td:

I was,nt impressed eg when he moaned about Selbys style,type of play,instead of moaning about it,he should concentrate on his own game,he can,t expect Selby or other players to play like he plays,wants,every player has the right to play how they want,it,s not about playing to please there opponents.

I had a similar problem with 2 players in my club a couple of years ago,they complained that i played too much defensive snooker,i shouted back and them and told them,up yours,i,ll play how i want,if you don,t like it,then lump it,snookers not just bout pottin balls!.
Ironicaly since i told them that,they actually started to play more saftey play than they used to,instead of going for almost every shot. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Sunday 11th of August

7pm

Gerard Greene 4-3 Mitchell Travis
Ricky Walden 4-1 Alex Borg
Graeme Dott 2-4 Ratchayothin Yotharuck
Mike Dunn 4-0 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Andrew Higginson 4-0 Ross Muir
Jamie Burnett 4-2 Chris Norbury
Rory McLeod 0-4 Kyren Wilson
Shaun Murphy 3-4 Robbie Williams

Postby Wildey

Last 64 Draw

Neil Robertson v Noppon Saengkham
Rod Lawler v Allister Carter
Ryan Day v Dechawat Poomjaeng
Liang Wenbo v David Morris
Ding Junhui v Barry Pinches
Mark Joyce v Sean O'Sullivan
Jeff Cundy v Li Yan
Joel Walker v John Higgins
Barry Hawkins v Anthony McGill
Alex Davies v Fergal O'Brien
Joe Perry v David Gilbert
Gerard Greene v Ricky Walden
Ratchayothin Yotharuck v James Wattana
Mike Dunn v Ken Doherty
Andrew Higginson v Jamie Burnett
Kyren Wilson v Robbie Williams
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Judd Trump/Zhang Anda v Alan McManus/Sydney Wilson
Anthony Hamilton/Michael Wasley v Michael White/Ahmed Saif
Dominic Dale/Alexander Ursenbacher v Jimmy White/Gary Wilson
Alfie Burden/Tony Drago v Marco Fu/Michael Leslie
Mark Davis/Lee Page v Kurt Maflin/Elliot Slessor
Jamie Cope/Martin O'Donnell v Michael Holt/Fraser Patrick
Tom Ford/Craig Steadman v Jamie Jones/Patrick Einsle
Cao Yupeng/Paul Davison v Stephen Maguire/Andrew Pagett
Stuart Bingham/Ian Burns v Liu Chuang/Mohamed Khairy
Steve Davis/Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon v Ben Woollaston/Lu Haotian
Marcus Campbell/Shane Castle v Matthew Selt/Pankaj Advani
Nigel Bond/Li Hang v Mark Allen/John J Astley
Robert Milkins/Chen Zhe v Jimmy Robertson/Hammad Miah
Xiao Guodong/Aditya Mehta v Peter Ebdon/Ashley Carty
Mark J Williams/Joe Swail v Yu Delu/Stuart Carrington
Jack Lisowski/Liam Highfield v Mark Selby/Daniel Wells

Postby Wildey

My Streaming Predictions

Monday 12th of August

12pm

Judd Trump v Zhang Anda streaming
Alan McManus v Sydney Wilson
Anthony Hamilton v Michael Wasley
Michael White v Ahmed Saif
Dominic Dale v Alexander Ursenbacher
Jimmy White v Gary Wilson streaming
Alfie Burden v Tony Drago
Marco Fu v Michael Leslie
Mark Davis v Lee Page
Kurt Maflin v Elliot Slessor
Jamie Cope v Martin O'Donnell

2.30pm

Michael Holt v Fraser Patrick
Tom Ford v Craig Steadman
Jamie Jones v Patrick Einsle
Cao Yupeng v Paul Davison
Stephen Maguire v Andrew Pagett streaming
Stuart Bingham v Ian Burns
Liu Chuang v Mohamed Khairy
Steve Davis v Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon
Ben Woollaston v Lu Haotian
Marcus Campbell v Shane Castle
Matthew Selt v Pankaj Advani streaming

7pm

Nigel Bond v Li Hang
Mark Allen v John J Astley
Robert Milkins v Chen Zhe
Jimmy Robertson v Hammad Miah
Xiao Guodong v Aditya Mehta streaming
Peter Ebdon v Ashley Carty
Mark J Williams v Joe Swail
Yu Delu v Stuart Carrington
Jack Lisowski v Liam Highfield
Mark Selby v Daniel Wells streaming

because its the Indian Open i believe they will show matches featuring the Indian Players

Postby Forza_Bajen

Wihuuu. Won some money on this. First my bet of course was on Dott and Murphy. But then when they both was 0-2 behind i put bigger stakes in on their opponents, that gave me some money tonight, that was welcomed :)

But weird with Dott. He played very well frame 4 and 5. Was not feeling he did his best in the first three, it was so very bad.

But i was nervous when they both came back :/// Haha.

Postby Roland

Really pleased for Sean O'Sullivan in reaching the venue, that was a big win for him today. Gouldy was gracious in defeat and was really happy for Sean who played pretty well and deserved the win. At 3-2 Gould went for a red which had it gone it would have netted the match the way the balls were, but it rattled and Sean cleared for 3-3 then made a better job of his chances in the decider than Gould and thoroughly deserved the win.

I arrived just as Hull was at the table at 3-3 against Robbo. I said to my mate "I can't believe he's going for this" about the thin red along top cushion, and it duly turned out to be his last shot as Robbo did what champions do and stepped in and cleared the board. So much for him looking vulnerable.

Kyren played really well against Rory. I mean really well! He knocked in a century in the first, dominated the second when Rory went for the quicksand tactics of messing up the table, then in the next two Kyren forced the error with good safety and knocked in a 70+ both times for the whitewash. I didn't realise how much that match meant to him until he referred to it as a monkey off his back because Rory was the man who knocked him off tour. He knew Rory would try to slow it down and mess the table up so he went on the offensive and opened the reds at the earliest opportunity. The more you learn about Kyren the more impressed you become. He said of Shanghai "I'll probably get a wildcard" then after a couple of seconds thought "It doesn't matter, I'll win anyway." He's going to be winning ranking events one day I have no doubt about it.

I didn't really pay attention to the streamed tables and Dotty's game was blocked by a giant plasma screen scoreboard from where I was sitting. I watched Luca v Doherty and Luca was out of sorts and getting very worked up in the frames to go 3-0 down. He potted the white on several occasions and was unlucky in that regard but when he finally got going he looked as good as ever. Don't read anything into a best of 7 result, Luca will have his day before the year's out.

Wattana v Ryan Clark was a disappointment in that neither player really got going, in the end Wattana getting 2 good snookers at 2-1 and clearing for 3-1 was the turning point. Clark really should have won 3 of the frames he didn't in fairness.

Dunn v Un-Nooh was potentially a tasty tie with Dunn saying before the match that Un-Nooh scared him a bit but in the end it was an annihilation. Dunn seems to have found his range at last after illness killed off his last sustained form early last year, and he's also got a new cue after having issues with his previous one toward the end of last season. The dilemma for him at the moment is staying on tour because the barren spell last year has left him lower than 64. He knows if he stays on he'll get a boost with last seasons efforts being wiped, but equally if he drops off he will probably retire. He's going to enter everything as he showed by losing money overall but gaining £200 for the money list by flying out just for AT1 having not qualified for Wuxi.

Speaking of money lists, this is the one that matters because this is the one which will determine who stays on tour at the end of this season when the money list system kicks in http://www.prosnookerblog.com/rankings/ ... oney-list/

The difference between best of 7s and best of 9s is massive when you go and watch. I don't think anyone was happy about best of 7s for a ranking event. One player told me that even though he was trying to win, he wasn't bothered at all that he'd lost because of the prize money with players having to pay for expenses themselves, and the format at the venue only being best of 7.

Another player described best of 7s from a players point of view. He said if you're playing a player you know you're better than, you can go in thinking they're going to get lucky and beat you and yet if you go into one against John Higgins you fancy your chances, just because of the format.

I expect with events like this we'll hear our fair share of moaning from some of the big names used to being seeded through to latter stages. The change from staggered seeded rounds to flat 128 is not going to be a smooth transition, that's for sure. The logistics are far more complex and it is going to be very difficult to keep a large %age of the players happy as the season progresses.

Postby Wildey

your optimistic regarding Luca at best his best has been very limited so far and its not one event but in 95% of tournaments over the 3 year hes been on tour hes not produced at all.

Luca needs to get a bit more competitive first because at the moment he gives away chances very casually.

Postby Wildey

Confirmed Streaming

Monday 12th of August

12pm

Judd Trump v Zhang Anda streaming
Alan McManus v Sydney Wilson
Anthony Hamilton v Michael Wasley
Michael White v Ahmed Saif
Dominic Dale v Alexander Ursenbacher
Jimmy White v Gary Wilson
Alfie Burden v Tony Drago
Marco Fu v Michael Leslie streaming
Mark Davis v Lee Page
Kurt Maflin v Elliot Slessor
Jamie Cope v Martin O'Donnell

2.30pm

Michael Holt v Fraser Patrick
Tom Ford v Craig Steadman
Jamie Jones v Patrick Einsle
Cao Yupeng v Paul Davison
Stephen Maguire v Andrew Pagett streaming
Stuart Bingham v Ian Burns
Liu Chuang v Mohamed Khairy
Steve Davis v Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon
Ben Woollaston v Lu Haotian
Marcus Campbell v Shane Castle
Matthew Selt v Pankaj Advani streaming

7pm

Nigel Bond v Li Hang
Mark Allen v John J Astley
Robert Milkins v Chen Zhe
Jimmy Robertson v Hammad Miah
Xiao Guodong v Aditya Mehta streaming
Peter Ebdon v Ashley Carty
Mark J Williams v Joe Swail
Yu Delu v Stuart Carrington
Jack Lisowski v Liam Highfield
Mark Selby v Daniel Wells streaming

Postby Roland

Wildey wrote:your optimistic regarding Luca at best his best has been very limited so far and its not one event but in 95% of tournaments over the 3 year hes been on tour hes not produced at all.

Luca needs to get a bit more competitive first because at the moment he gives away chances very casually.

He's the most naturally gifted player I've seen since Ronnie. He will be fine.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
Wildey wrote:your optimistic regarding Luca at best his best has been very limited so far and its not one event but in 95% of tournaments over the 3 year hes been on tour hes not produced at all.

He's the most naturally gifted player I've seen since Ronnie. He will be fine.

yea but that alone is not enough is it ....from a very young age Ronnie had intensity Luca hasent got that's a aspect of his game he has to work at.

Postby Wildey

so far there's 1 amateur Jeff Cundy on the plane to India there's 3 More in Action today Sydney Wilson v Alan McManus, Shane Castle v Marcus Campbell and Ashley Carty v Peter Ebdon who will make the trip if any?

Postby Wildey

Judd Trump 0-1 Zhang Anda
Alan McManus 0-1 Sydney Wilson
Anthony Hamilton 0-1 Michael Wasley
Michael White 1-0 Ahmed Saif
Dominic Dale 0-1 Alexander Ursenbacher
Jimmy White 1-1 Gary Wilson
Alfie Burden 1-0 Tony Drago
Marco Fu 0-0 Michael Leslie
Mark Davis 0-0 Lee Page
Jamie Cope 1-0 Martin O'Donnell

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:These best of 7s are a lottery.

Any Tom, sausage and Harry can beat his fellow Tom, sausage and Harry under this format.

yup

and that what makes it work for PTC but for a proper event you need the added pressure of having a interval.

Postby Skullman

Don't know about a lottery. Most of the European PTCs have a big name as the winner, so the best players still end up winning. There are more shocks early on though, and the first round being in glamorous Doncaster probably doesn't help get the top players fired up.

Postby Wildey

Judd Trump 1-2 Zhang Anda
Alan McManus 2-1 Sydney Wilson
Anthony Hamilton 0-1 Michael Wasley
Michael White 4-0 Ahmed Saif
Dominic Dale 2-1 Alexander Ursenbacher
Jimmy White 1-3 Gary Wilson
Alfie Burden 2-1 Tony Drago
Marco Fu 2-0 Michael Leslie
Mark Davis 3-0 Lee Page
Kurt Maflin 1-3 Elliot Slessor
Jamie Cope 2-1 Martin O'Donnell

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:What's wrong with Trump? Does he not fancy the trip over to India?

hes losing it happens.

Postby Wildey

Judd Trump 2-3 Zhang Anda
Alan McManus 3-1 Sydney Wilson
Anthony Hamilton 0-2 Michael Wasley
Michael White 4-0 Ahmed Saif
Dominic Dale 2-2 Alexander Ursenbacher
Jimmy White 1-4 Gary Wilson
Alfie Burden 2-3 Tony Drago
Marco Fu 3-0 Michael Leslie
Mark Davis 4-0 Lee Page